Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what a joke competitve.

New Member Cupidhead dakotahperrine's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

what a joke competitve.

This game is the biggest let down. Currently ranked silver 4, down from gold 2 last season. And diamond the season before that. But let's get to it. First I wish I knew how to post pictures.
    but I as previously stated am in silver 4. Now with that I'm completely destroying this game. Every game matter of fact. But some how get paired with the biggest idiots every time. How can I go 20k player damg above anyone else in the match 20k minion damage above, 4k structure damage above, 100 gold above anyone else and still get the loss. I completely wreck the competition, but it's impossible to win in 1v5 situations. When my team is off solo fire giant. Or doing a random camp when they taking towers. I mean how can I win. OK I get it not every game is like that but I win When that's the case. But about 3 out of 5 games this is what happens I'm tired of wrecking to move down. You call this competitve.
    I want an answer from hirez rep. Please give me one that's not a generic response like, oh your ranked is dependent on you skill level. When tho your elo has no representation on your rank. So don't give me that crap. I want an answer and I can post pictures of end game stats to prove and plenty of videos on my box to show what happens. All I'm saying is if I wreck their team I shouldn't go down because my 4 are completely useless. How does that reflect my skill level if I go 99-0 taking all 6 towers by myself and still losing because of team.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    It's almost like this game is designed to played and won as a team....it's weird.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

New Member Cupidhead dakotahperrine2's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    No crap it's designed around team play. Why don't you actually read instead of troll.
    Let me explain since apparently you don't get it. In a game mode designed to be competitive, I'm killing my competition. But I'm lose because of my team being completely unable to understand strategy and have the skill to do anything. Why am I being punished for not pulling off miracles every match. It's not competitive if I move down in rankings when my play is destroying 5 people. That forces me to quit playing.
    So my question is how is it logical if 8 move down for my team being unable to perform. I'm not claiming to be world class pro level. But I'm sure as crap better then these guys. It clearly shows in match. Especially when I have opposing players message me after asking if I was smurfing or saying if you had a better team that game would of been bad.

All I'm saying is logic, if I destroy but still lose then shouldn't I move up in some way. To keep being competitve for me and to push my skill up by facing stronger competition (which is the only point of ranked) if it's this way I'm going to get weaker and weaker players and have to carry every single time which is an awful thing to ask anyone. Why should I destroy every game to hopefully move up.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Forgive me if this is not the case, but based on how you're explaining it, you're kind of just writing your team off as useless. Maybe instead of completely blaming them for your misfortunes, why not HELP them improve, instead of re-stating your superiority?

New Member Cupidhead dakotahperrine3's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I'm not writing them off as useless. I'm simply saying they are not at the same skill level. Then posing the question to how is this competitve. And when did I say I didn't try to help them. I invite to party, talk and ping all the time 80% of the time they choose not to listen. All I'm simply asking is how is this supposed to be competitive.

It could be easy to fix this problem. Simply put in a system that avg you past 20 games stats and compare them to your teams stats. And then compare them to the opposing teams, if yours is consistently the top of your games in all categories then obviously your not moving up do to reasons beyond your control. The system in plane now says no matter how well you dominant if you lose your not good. And deserve to move down. That just doesn't make any logical sense. So guys like Adrian Peterson can dominate in their games yet never win anything they are awarded with big contracts and the ability to pick which team they play for next. Not the case with this. If you dominant in this so called competitive system and lose you are awarded with the same rank and same stale games. That only hurts you in the long run by making you face less skilled players.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotahperrine3 View Post
    I'm not writing them off as useless. I'm simply saying they are not at the same skill level. Then posing the question to how is this competitve. And when did I say I didn't try to help them. I invite to party, talk and ping all the time 80% of the time they choose not to listen. All I'm simply asking is how is this supposed to be competitive.

It could be easy to fix this problem. Simply put in a system that avg you past 20 games stats and compare them to your teams stats. And then compare them to the opposing teams, if yours is consistently the top of your games in all categories then obviously your not moving up do to reasons beyond your control. The system in plane now says no matter how well you dominant if you lose your not good. And deserve to move down. That just doesn't make any logical sense. So guys like Adrian Peterson can dominate in their games yet never win anything they are awarded with big contracts and the ability to pick which team they play for next. Not the case with this. If you dominant in this so called competitive system and lose you are awarded with the same rank and same stale games. That only hurts you in the long run by making you face less skilled players.
    And I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate concern, but I'm no coding expert. It seems like a lot of work on the back end to me though, given my experience in IT in general.

I'd tone down a bit of the anger, and calmly bring this to the attention of the feedback forums.

New Member Cupidhead dakotahperrine4's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    I'm not really angry. I'm just posting my opinion. It may be more work. But with rankings in most moba all jacked up, you think they would take measures to fix somthing.

And I can see how you could misunderstand me as angry. It's just I give smart remarks back because from what I read most people don't seem to have any problems so they think it's not a broken system. I just find it funny how I can be ranked diamond on ps4 plat on pc and the system I played most on xbox I'm silver 44. Just don't make sense. And plus most people come at it as if the person posting a complaint is over stating the problem or exaggerating, well I'm not I just find it laughable at best to call it competitive.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    There is only one way to fix a situation like this.

Get a regular group of people, get on comms and play together.

Your probably right however I quit playing for about 8 months because of this issue, I enjoy mobas , and don't feel I should have to assemble a team to move up. I did back in season 3. Moved all the way up to diamond before season end to only in season 4 go 8-2 in qualifying to get placed in silver 3 and moved up to gold before the end of that season. I think it's just funny how I can end in diamond then get moved down so far. I just feel like this games ranked is so broken. And could be easily fixes with minor bug tweaks on how they read individual performance.
    Like in hots you win mvp and lose you barley lose any points. I mean as long as you try and you do better then the rest you are barley effected. But in this I get punished harshly for wrecking people how does that make sense.

And also that's a contradiction, if rank represents individual skill level of a player, then how come the best way to increase rank is to assemble a team. That makes no sense, Like at all. It's just laughable to say to increase your skill level assemble a team that's better then everyone else so you can shine. No if my rank represents MY skill then it should be solely based off my performance. Not 8f my team gets the win or not. I mean that should play a factor but not the majority of it.