Thread: How about a minor Khepri buff?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How about a minor Khepri buff?

I'm asking in regards to his grab/dash and how it has absolutely no protections in light of other guardians like Sobek who has total cc immunity when dashing, Bacchus and his displacement immunity when burping, Cabrakan and Kuzenbo having slow immunities, Ares having pop-up immunity when breathing fire, etc.

All are shut down by silence, cripples (in terms of movement based abilities), and whatever isn't defended by description, but why does Khepri have literally nothing in terms of a "protection" when he does pick up someone since it just leaves him completely open for everything to happen unlike most of the others?

No protection increase for the duration of the pull since he can still be hit by basics by the victim, no pop-up immunity so he can just get jumped on by someone with such a thing (Chaac, Nike, Bacchus, etc.), no knockback immunities so he can just get pushed off the victim and left with another cooldown, and he's still susceptible to cripples, roots, slows when he already moves back at a snail pace while in effect, stuns, and silences.

I get he has an ult that denies kills (but means literally nothing if Thanatos, Ao Kuang, or Achilles are in the game), but I don't think that and an extremely small shield aura means all that much if he gets shut down like a warrior when initiating beyond a root that lasts less time than most other guardians who have a mesmerize, root, or something that lasts longer and does the job better, usually with secondary effects.
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    He is this patch. Look up patch notes.
    Gaining protections when he has someone being pulled and his passive's radius got increased

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Honestly, I think he either needs a CD reduction on his 3 or a dmg buff early to it. Lane clear is huge right now and I think his 3 having better would really bring him back into the meta.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Wasn't he basically THE meta when he was first introduced? iirc it was him, Athena (go figure), Geb and Sylvanus.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Honestly, I think he either needs a CD reduction on his 3 or a dmg buff early to it. Lane clear is huge right now and I think his 3 having better would really bring him back into the meta.
    Rising Dawn can already hit the entire wave and provide your own wave with damage mitigation, his early-game pressure doesn't need buffing. He's also very well meta right now.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Honestly I'd just want his damage reduction buff to last a bit longer, right now it is 3s but I'd like it a lot more if it were 5s. Also, let him buff himself! If he's got a damage mitigation buff but he can only give it to everyone else I'm gonna just sit in the back and pseudo-tank for my team through my buff. If i can buff myself as well though, now I'm a frontliner!

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Honestly I'd just want his damage reduction buff to last a bit longer, right now it is 3s but I'd like it a lot more if it were 5s. Also, let him buff himself! If he's got a damage mitigation buff but he can only give it to everyone else I'm gonna just sit in the back and pseudo-tank for my team through my buff. If i can buff myself as well though, now I'm a frontliner!
    He does get a protections buff when he has someone grabbed now. So now you're actually encouraged to get in and soak for your team.

I might actually pick him back up.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu