Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WHy are guardians not guardians?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

WHy are guardians not guardians?

Why are guardians more like extremely tanky mages then they are tanks?
    Ares can 100-0 a carry with 1 chain and his fire.
    Ganeshes instant aoe ult can burst a carry for 450 damage.
    Cabrakan, shouldnt even have to go into him.

the only guardians ive seen actually do their jobs as only tanks are sylvanus, terra, sobek, fafnir and geb.
    thats not even half of the "guardians"

My point is, someone whos suppose to be tanky only, shouldnt be able to build 1-2 damage items and be able to one shot carries. or, do enough to leave them so low that the mage and hunter get easy cleanup

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Any Guardian doing lots of damage is built for damage and thus easily defeated by focus attacks from the opposing team.
    Just because a Guardian can go full damage does not mean they should but too many want those kills even if they throw the match for everyone.
    No Guardian can build 1-2 damage items and one shot anyone.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Someone link the definition of "guardian" . Thats what some guardians do, thats what they bring to the table because they lack doing other things.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah i would like them to remove any offensive item that Isn't like stone of fal you know a tank item with some offensive sick of soul reavers on guardians all the time .
    Warlock shash. Gem of isolation, stone of fal, poly, boots are all fine but seeing a b. talon, soul reaver, chronos i mean i get it has 20 percent cd but why not make mantle have 20 percent cd for it's price it should.
    Same problem with warrior build all tanky can still hurt you on alot of them
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Because why making this game fun and balanced.

It's no problem that 50% of matches guardians pick damage items, abuse their "+50/75% magical power scaling" and are still hard to kill because they still have better base stats for that, like more HP and more defense, on top of some abilities giving you different protections/damage mitigations.

Yeah, it's fine when heroes with tons of CC and a possibility to engage/initiate get blink, blink onto gods with 0 mobility and sh*t on them, because, why not.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    Because why making this game fun and balanced.

It's no problem that 50% of matches guardians pick damage items, abuse their "+50/75% magical power scaling"
    Uhm, it's not their scaling that makes their damage good, it's the base damage. Using the good base damage, they get much more value out of magical penetration instead of direct power.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    So you want guardians to have less dmg, so stronger cc instead? Cause we gotta have something to fight back with solo. On an individual basis, there are some guardians with with quite high damage, and I'm not saying they should never be looked at being nerfed or buffed, but with guardians as a group, they need base dmg if their actually going to have much influence in a team fight or solo basis. Good examples of low dmg guardians not being as popular is khepri and sylvanus (when healer meta isn't a thing).

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    So you want guardians to have less dmg, so stronger cc instead? Cause we gotta have something to fight back with solo. On an individual basis, there are some guardians with with quite high damage, and I'm not saying they should never be looked at being nerfed or buffed, but with guardians as a group, they need base dmg if their actually going to have much influence in a team fight or solo basis. Good examples of low dmg guardians not being as popular is khepri and sylvanus (when healer meta isn't a thing).
    The problem is not only Base Damage on Guardians or stupid Scaling, the problem is also that there are items that get abused by that:

- Soul Reaver;
    - Bancrofts Talon;
    - Ethereal Stuff;
    - Polynomicon;
    - Shaman's Ring (yeah, I've seen it quite a few times on some guardians).
    - Blink.

This is where the problem begins, expecially when some genuis like Bacchus or Ymir/Cabra blinks in and uses their 2 ability combo resulting in every ability doing damage + Soul Reaver/Ethereal procs on top of Poly.

Or Cerberus alone when he is capable of removing around 130 magical protection only getting Spear of Magus and Void Stone while using his 2.

---

And, answering your message. Stronger CC? Dude, practically every god in Smite has some sort of CC in their kit, even Slow counts as CC. The CC is fine, but the damage behind 1-2 abilities with Crowd Control is stupid.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 06-26-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Bruiser Guardians are not all that.

Proof.

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoUmbra's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Because Guardian mains bitch and moan about not getting enough glory...
    they act like they have it rough when they can build like 1 defense item and still wont die...
    of course if they went with a Mage, a class that's meant to deal high damage, they would just die because they cannot play without having a tanky crutch to play...