Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zeus is the worst character ever remade

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    He gets crazy damage because that's LITERALLY all he has. Any smart team WILL 100-0 Zeus at the first opportunity.

There's a reason why most of pros when they PICK Zeus, build into him, with a "Protect the Zeus" comp, if they even pick him at all, when there are so many other mages that are just safer/more versatile.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,050
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    OP is right tho Zeus rework is so bad cuz his kit can be played with one leg and your eyes closed and hands tied behind your back and still get ez kills and pentas
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    All the gods can be played with 1 leg, you don't even need 1 you play with no legs....

You can't play Zeus with your eyes closed, none of the gods can be played that way(and achieve victory).

Having your hands tied behind your back is a maybe, it depends on how much mobility you still have with your hands. Assuming you are still holding the controller some people might be able to play that way, but I'm sure there are many who couldn't.

Pentas are never easy regardless of the god you pick, it is dependent on your enemies allowing you to get a penta by being within a close enough proximity to each other that you can get 5 back-to-back kills. It just takes 1 coward opponent staying on the other side of the map to prevent a penta.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,050
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    All the gods can be played with 1 leg, you don't even need 1 you play with no legs....

You can't play Zeus with your eyes closed, none of the gods can be played that way(and achieve victory).

Having your hands tied behind your back is a maybe, it depends on how much mobility you still have with your hands. Assuming you are still holding the controller some people might be able to play that way, but I'm sure there are many who couldn't.

Pentas are never easy regardless of the god you pick, it is dependent on your enemies allowing you to get a penta by being within a close enough proximity to each other that you can get 5 back-to-back kills. It just takes 1 coward opponent staying on the other side of the map to prevent a penta.
    You must be fun at parties
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    OP is right tho Zeus rework is so bad cuz his kit can be played with one leg and your eyes closed and hands tied behind your back and still get ez kills and pentas
    I'm not sure I want to know how you play the game if you are not only using your legs, but you're using both of them and cannot play without them.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I'm not sure I want to know how you play the game if you are not only using your legs, but you're using both of them and cannot play without them.
    Actually the way it is written you'd think he is saying he plays blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back and plays using 1 foot.... Which if that is indeed the case he is extremely talented, however just because he may have achieved success this way doesn't mean it is anywhere near the norm (still being blindfolded alone makes me doubt success)

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Actually the way it is written you'd think he is saying he plays blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back and plays using 1 foot.... Which if that is indeed the case he is extremely talented, however just because he may have achieved success this way doesn't mean it is anywhere near the norm (still being blindfolded alone makes me doubt success)
    If he can manage to do that, imagine what he can do with ALL of his limbs! :gasp:

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoUmbra's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    the only thing I'd say he needs is a change where he no long has auto-aim and maybe a size reduction to his ult...
    I am willing to accept his high damage to be justified by such low mobility, just make him require some skill aside from hiding behind tank and keeping ganks off by saving his ult...

Achievements:
    I personally feel like Zeus is in a decent spot right now. Not overly broken in terms of damage output, given his complete lack of mobility.

It needs to be a delicate balance. If you take away his damage, you have to compensate him in other areas, otherwise there's literally no reason to pick him over any of the safer mages.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Zeus is just... Weird...

Like, aside from the TONS of damage that's pretty easy to confirm, has anyone really looked at how wonky his kit actually is?

His passive gives him up to 90% bonus damage on his basic attacks (Sol, eat your heart out... Heck she even had her passive nerfed DOWN to a maximum of 20%. Though, I believe both still only work off base damage numbers rather than power boosted BA damage so neither get actual basic attacks that deal actual damage)

His 1 is a chain skill, but basically works better when it can bounce between just 2 targets and murderize them both even without Detonate...

His 2 is a sort of basic attack amplifier... But the bonus damage doesn't work with his passive... Honestly, this thing is mostly just for wave clear and allowing him to 100-0 single targets with just his 1.

His 3 is just bland... It's also the frustrating part of Zeus, when you've just barely made it out after being chunked by his 1 bouncing onto you multiple times you get popped from the Zeus who's a mile away at a random time (So you can't Aegis)

Finally, his 4 is actually pretty bad. Since it's so easy to move out of it and it'll do like 1 tick of damage and you're fine. Well, until set up keeps you in it (Such ass Odin cage). Or until you remember that once you've got out of it, those charges are still hanging around for Zeus to pop...

So you have half a kit amplifying basic attacks (But not even synergizing very well) and half his kit focused around hoping your Chain Lightning bounces in a favourable way. Meanwhile, his only defence is "Drop the entire kit and hope they die first"

So yeah... He's not a well designed character. But he works. He's frustrating and pretty simple to play, but effective at what he does, which is pumping out a butt load of damage when allowed to freecast.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!