Thread: Update the Item Builder UI to match Item Shop UI

Junior Member Cupidhead sushiSakana's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Update the Item Builder UI to match Item Shop UI

This is something that has bothered me for a while, but unfortunately I've been too lazy to make a report on it until now.

The Item Builder for each God has a different layout than the Item Shop (in a match).
    Item Builder: 6 rows, 4 columns
    Item Shop: 5 rows, 6 columns

As a result, there are 10 build slots that never get used in a match (5 rows, 2 cols), or to look at it another way, there's an entire row called "Consumables" in Item Builder that never gets used in the Item Shop. These would be greatly helpful when custom building a loadout.

Item Shop UI is actually not bad - easy to read and navigate, and has an adequate number of slots. Can we update the Item Builder UI to match this Item Shop layout (5 rows, 6 cols) so that building loadouts will be a better experience? Not sure how much work goes into something like that, but it would function a lot better in a match. I believe that's how the PC version is configured, yeah?

Right now, console version looks/feels a bit sloppy, but most importantly it doesn't allow the player to fill out all the slots in build. Those can be super useful when setting up builds with situational options.

Am I allowed to add pictures here from my phone? I took some snapshots of what I'm talking about, but I'm sure everyone is well-aware of exactly what I mean.

Junior Member Cupidhead sushiSakana's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Hey...I had tags here but they didn't show up

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    you can actually fill all the slots out, even on console.

now i haven't been on console smite in months (xbox died) but i can use this as an example

on my ares, i have two different item builds in his thing and i still have some room for a bit of item variety

my two item builds;
    1) Tank CDR: Shoes of Focus, Hide of the Urchin, Breastplate of Valor, Genji's Guard, Mantle of Discord, Ethereal Staff (Blink and Shell)
    2) Aura: Mystical Mail, Void Stone, Heartward Amulet, Sovereignty, Pythagorem's Piece, Pestilence (Horrific Emblem and Heavenly Wings).

the aura build doesn't change mainly because the amount of aura items are small, but my tank cdr build can allot for some differences later on since i;ve got more than max cdr in it.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack