Thread: Would a shield of regrowth be wise of baron samedi

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Would a shield of regrowth be wise of baron samedi

As he has a heal move and is slow moving. I use it on Aphrodite at times for quick escapes. Just wondering if it would be wise it has 300 health and 10 percent cooldown but no damage
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Wise? No idea. What I do know is that Soul Reaver and Rod of Tahuti are pretty much mandatory with his ult and the way it interacts. 15% damage and 15% damage off the top, plus the damage from the ult itself (max is 970 plus 110% power...). It should also max hysteria.

Then they are stunned for damage confirm with extra power from Rod of Tahuti and bonus damage from Hysteria. I don’t see many surviving that.

It’s the Anubis “all in” mentality, except Samedi has 50% damage reduction in his ultimate.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Don't forget shaman's ring, or spear of the magus since it is tick damage(his snake is also some nice tick damage).

Honestly he's got a lot of build options, i just wish his heal was flat instead of scaling from missing health but it is the first group heal to scale from missing health. I suppose it means a lot of healing for the tanks on the team.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I can see him doing well both as a nuker and supportish hybrid mage. Even with 50% dmg mitigation in ult you are still stationary and fairly close range so having a regrowth + dual prot item or void stone + smth like stone of binding or smth could totally work. Au puch can be built same way and when I play puch arena I often go regrowth, gem of iso and spear of magus, pair it with another mage and it works really well, sure you can't 100-0 someone but you can 100-50 them and with slow and spear on top its enough for team to clean.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-16-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    I think he'll be better off as a control mage, since as someone already stated, he has to get fairly close up to do the bulk of his damage, and his ultimate makes him unsafe.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    biggest issue with regrowth is that u have to hit an enemy god to get the heal. I'm on console soo idk but is the heal affected asclepius ? that would to me seem more appropriate. and for the ppl saying gem of iso wouldnt this be counter intuitive with the ulty ? wouldn't ppl be sucked in slower ?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Slows affect movement speed, so they affect taunt/fear/serqet's thing. Slows do not affect pulls like Hades/Poseidon.

Rod of Asclepious works on his heal, same as antiheal.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    biggest issue with regrowth is that u have to hit an enemy god to get the heal. I'm on console soo idk but is the heal affected asclepius ? that would to me seem more appropriate. and for the ppl saying gem of iso wouldnt this be counter intuitive with the ulty ? wouldn't ppl be sucked in slower ?
    Good arguments. I don't think this pull is affected by ms that way, it might and in that case sure. What is more though is he already have a CC and like Kumba its duration maybe outweigh benefits of Gem to much.

Sure but its the same for his own ms buff so you need to hit either way and regrowth will double up on his own buff. Useful for sure to get proper placement for his ulti, needed? Probably not. I can see Rod aspec being another item. Rod with some tank dps hybrid items, or regrowth with the same that will sport a decent tank. I think winged blade is another pick he could need some games, even with the cleanse of slows he has, it is still conditional, it is his only movement ability and escape. And Gods with similar movement are generally not in meta, not that it will matter at launch with a bloated kit. To compensate I wonder how hard hitting his kit needs to be cause I figure they want him in the meta.

I think it will be a very weird and hard God to balance down the road as meta shifts around, having no good movement, long initiation, great team fight ult and heals. He is not as cookie cutter God like a lot of the previous releases has been and I like that a lot.

Soul gem or whatever this new healing item is called probably also is great on him with a dmg mage build, add a Rod of aspec in there and give big heals. Cause of this I can see him going full heal build some games and really tick ppl off with Bancroft, New life steal item, Rod, Soul gem or some combo like that.

Interesting God with lot of different build potential, similar to Hel and Aphro but with more offensive teamfight utility and worse defensive capabilities.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-21-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    low escape potential always means I build a bit bulky. I'd prolly stack a warlocks. 2 dot's means spear of magus. throw in rod of assclaps to help survivability, Chronos and reaver would prolly finish out my build. poly might be dirty with that slow into a root gaurenteeing the auto hit especially since ud have all your pen built up.

Junior Member Cupidhead Krakovia's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i actually prefer doom orb on him. 70 magical power..200 mana..20mp5. and the passive gives free movement speed and magical power for 15 seconds after killing minions or a god. people think doom orb is a crap item, but for 1700 gold you almost cant beat those stats. especially as a first item