Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone noticed that there are more insta-lockers lately?

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Not for 9 months, no. I would hide it and then unhide it say if my friends would want to join a party with me and it said I was in game when i wasnt. So quick hides and unhides here and there but no, nothing longer than maybe a day.
    Hiding it even for a bit messes up the smiteguru so your statistics won't ever be accurate in there.

Junior Member Cupidhead carlisle4111's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    So question on my side for this, I've had game where my elo is extremely low and played against those that were way higher and won. How exactly is that fair? I've had some where it was extremely low and I've lost. I can understand the system a bit, but it seems extremely unbalanced. If you're rated at say 1600, you shouldn't be paired with a 2500+ team. I've had that happen recently as well.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    are we talking casual? if so elo doesn't matter, other then so they know your skill level. the casual system tries to keep you at a 50% W/L rate. farther you get from 50% it will do 2 things give you harder opponents or worse teammates sooo u lose. if u lose alot u will get easier opponents or better teammates to carry you. it's rediculous if u ask me.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    If you want to play something then just play it. The teammates don't care about the rest of the team so why should you care about them. I try to usually fill as well but they don't care. If you pick a guardian or warrior and can't protect them 100% of the time and live everytime they will start the bm.

Not for 9 months, no. I would hide it and then unhide it say if my friends would want to join a party with me and it said I was in game when i wasnt. So quick hides and unhides here and there but no, nothing longer than maybe a day.
    Are you talking about the appearing offline on console or the hide profile option in game. Because the hide profile option in game has nothing to do with friends joining your party.
    Last edited by ShinigamiXzero; 06-13-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    If you want to play something then just play it. The teammates don't care about the rest of the team so why should you care about them. I try to usually fill as well but they don't care. If you pick a guardian or warrior and can't protect them 100% of the time and live everytime they will start the bm.
    I switch and fill no matter what they choose cause Im THAT guy who cares about his K/D with a god. Yeah i know, sound like some Call of Duty player but thats just what I care about. I feel like if I have a good K/D with a god then I am decent at that god and I enjoy playing them. So I am not going to pick say my Hou Yi, who I have a 2.15 K/D with when my team auto locks Skadi and Jing Wei just because I want to play Hou Yi. Cause I know the enemy team will build Hide of Nemean and more physical defense and I am going to have a negative K/D that game. Thats why i dont just play who I want to play. Also I want to win games, not lose them. And if we have say 4 mages on a team cause people just wanted to play them and auto-locked, then we most likely will lose that match.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Are you talking about the appearing offline on console or the hide profile option in game. Because the hide profile option in game has nothing to do with friends joining your party.
    I am talking about me going into jungle practice and then going back to the main lobby because my friends have got on the game and want me to join them. But there is still that stupid glitch that Hi-Rez hasnt fixed that if you were in jungle practice and then go back to main lobby it says your still in game and cant join a party. So you have to hide your profile and then unhide it and it resets it saying your not in a game. But recently that is broken too and you have to exit the whole game and reload it because of the glitch. Something simple that Hi-rez could fix rather easily I would think but just hasnt.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class

I am talking about me going into jungle practice and then going back to the main lobby because my friends have got on the game and want me to join them. But there is still that stupid glitch that Hi-Rez hasnt fixed that if you were in jungle practice and then go back to main lobby it says your still in game and cant join a party. So you have to hide your profile and then unhide it and it resets it saying your not in a game. But recently that is broken too and you have to exit the whole game and reload it because of the glitch. Something simple that Hi-rez could fix rather easily I would think but just hasnt.
    Or you could just start any queue and then leave the queue.... Much quicker fix.

New Member Cupidhead ProfessorGrove's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I've encountered people instsnt god locking in all casual modes. Usually Mage or Hunter. They're just the popular classes.

It's never bothered me. It's casual game modes. You play it to play what you want or to grind up masteries. Maybe even to hit Awards.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Well I can say what happens at my ELO.

1 - Too many Mage and Assassin insta-lockers especially Loki and Anubis.
    2 - I guess around 85%-90% will not play a tank but demand one on the team.
    3 - Way too many obsess over high K/D.
    4 - Too many giving bad advice or doing bad builds such as building bruiser tanks too often.
    5 - Too many going too aggro all the time.

Like OP, ever since I started Smite in September I see the same. This is why my Guardians and Warriors have higher ranks than other classes, Mages are near impossible to play except sometimes in Assault and Joust and Warriors now are becoming harder too outside Conquest except a small few.

I do not believe the Casual system is designed to give you a 50% win rate due to all the players who have 75%+ on Guru and that does not count hidden profiles.

Sometimes you just gotta play what you want in certain modes (Arena + Clash) even if it screws up the team comp or just do what I do, play Assault where it is harder for people to not tank unless they get lucky on a reroll or find someone to trade with.

You do not need a high K/D to win, if you think so then avoid certain gods especially Ganesha.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I do every other. As in ill fill one match then the next play what i want regardless of the comp. Seems fair to me that way.

New Member Cupidhead ArfBarkBoof's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I mean I'm at the point where I don't even really care in Clash anymore because the game mode is garbage. So I'll just pick whatever I feel like.