Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone noticed that there are more insta-lockers lately?

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Question Has anyone noticed that there are more insta-lockers lately?

I have realized that there are a lot more insta-lockers lately, either they just insta-lock or they are jerks. Idk. Like for instance, I join a queue of Arena and I wanted to play Kukulkan so I pick him and didnt fully lock in, just had him hovered over, I sat there for a few seconds waiting to see what other people would choose. Thats when 2 other people chose Vulcan and Scylla within rapid succession of each other and locked in. I really wanted to play Kuk, but at that point your sitting there like "really people? I had a mage hovered over and you can clearly see it but I guess you clearly just dont care about what I wanted to play". So I just end up filling, most of the time as a Guardian which is my least favorite class but hey you need a tank most of the time. And it hasn't just happened to me once or twice, its almost every game now. I refuse to insta-lock like these people but sometimes it feels like I need to if i want to play a god that i want to play. So has anyone else noticed this lately? It would mainly be in arena I guess cause its the game mode i play the most of. And what do you think of these people? I mean just today I was hovering over a different mage and 2 people locked in mages instantly and then said to go a full mage team, which I decided NOT to do in arena. I went with odin and the 2 mages fed the whole game because they were trying to dive for kills near their fountain and ended up costing us the game. Anyway, just wondered if it was a occurrence that only I have seen or others. Thanks.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Junior Member Cupidhead carlisle4111's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Yeah, as annoying as it is at times, I'd recommend playing guardians enough that you find one you like. I was forced into the same situation a while back and came across Odin, Athena, xing and a few others (yes I know Odin isn't a guardian, but can be built to become one).

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    its arena expect that lol and on xbox ita always a problem. my entire skill base with warriors and gaurdians is because of this. and believe me there is nothing more frustrating then as a tank not having dmg follow up. or don't realize that ur peeling/front lining and they aren't prioritizing the right targets

it's frustrating to say the least, rage inducing at the worst. I main assassins soo it's like ohh ffs pls go kill the hunter or mage, not throw ur whole kit on the guys who are made/built to take it and not die :.(

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I'm not sure what skill levels you're at, but if you're getting matched with new players this is going to happen all the time because they don't know enough about the game to know the proper etiquette, much less that 3 mages on a team is bad (or possibly even which characters are what class). Also this problem tends to get much worse when weekly quests refresh (ex play 2 games as a mage or 3 games as a greek god) as you have all the F2P people who didn't buy the god pack desperate to rush through them so they can unlock another character. Same thing with Odyssey quests and such that require them to play a certain character (ex play a game as Hel). Not much you can do besides switch to try and compensate or stick with your pick regardless so you're at least playing a character you have fun with.
    In game name is MysticMidnight. If somebody could change my forum name to match, that would be great. I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    I'm not sure what skill levels you're at, but if you're getting matched with new players this is going to happen all the time because they don't know enough about the game to know the proper etiquette, much less that 3 mages on a team is bad (or possibly even which characters are what class). Also this problem tends to get much worse when weekly quests refresh (ex play 2 games as a mage or 3 games as a greek god) as you have all the F2P people who didn't buy the god pack desperate to rush through them so they can unlock another character. Same thing with Odyssey quests and such that require them to play a certain character (ex play a game as Hel). Not much you can do besides switch to try and compensate or stick with your pick regardless so you're at least playing a character you have fun with.
    Level 81 and counting, shouldnt be matched with people under like level 70 but sadly I am, all of the time. More proof that match making needs to be fixed.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Level 81 and counting, shouldnt be matched with people under like level 70 but sadly I am, all of the time. More proof that match making needs to be fixed.
    Matchmaking is not done by account level, never will be.
    It is done by something like ELO.
    Speaking of that, your name cannot be found on SmiteGuru, if I knew your Guru ELO there I could explain things better that would help you understand.

Junior Member Cupidhead BahamutFlare's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    This whole thread makes me feel like someone understands my pain.

I love mages, but because everyone instalocks 2-3 mages, I can never in good nature, pick one and not feel guilty about screwing over the team. So I have 2 warriors and guardians diamond while I barely have any mage or assassin to 5 or above.

I honestly don't care if you insta lock, but if you instalock a pick that someone already called, and then you are completely trash and go 2-11, then that is infuriating. Or worse, I have had people do this insta lock thing, go 8-3, call themselves amazing, but being a mage, they had 10k minion damage and 8k player damage. They'd only use their kit to decimate someone that was already going to die and kill steal. There's a difference between kill securing and kill stealing.

Instalockers = bad player usually imo.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Matchmaking is not done by account level, never will be.
    It is done by something like ELO.
    Speaking of that, your name cannot be found on SmiteGuru, if I knew your Guru ELO there I could explain things better that would help you understand.
    Yeah I didnt even know this site existed until just now to be honest, call me a noob if you wish for not knowing that. But it says it hasnt updated or seen my profile anytime recently. My most recent matches on that site are from 9 months ago and I was level 68 at that time not 81. Is there a way to update my profile and get my recent matches on there?

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Yeah I didnt even know this site existed until just now to be honest, call me a noob if you wish for not knowing that. But it says it hasnt updated or seen my profile anytime recently. My most recent matches on that site are from 9 months ago and I was level 68 at that time not 81. Is there a way to update my profile and get my recent matches on there?
    Did you have hidden profile at any point?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Did you have hidden profile at any point?
    Not for 9 months, no. I would hide it and then unhide it say if my friends would want to join a party with me and it said I was in game when i wasnt. So quick hides and unhides here and there but no, nothing longer than maybe a day.