Thread: Everything Hi-Rez - and you - Need To Know About Solo Lane And So On

Junior Member Cupidhead Buntarou's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Everything Hi-Rez - and you - Need To Know About Solo Lane And So On

- First of all, no presumptuous affirmations will be done here -

The most underrated detail SMITE - and other mobas - has it's the god's balance.It has to do with the first experience whatsoever; once you start playing a moba, the more competitive it seems, the better are the changes to you find peace and fun in the game: it's easy to conclude why there're a lot of new players that stop playing; because of the matchmaking and the god's balance.

With that in mind, I can at least help about what it means to balance and everything about solo lane: balancing a game means giving different character the same opportunities - of course, considering some limits which should not be so grotesque as they're. Cases like Vamana, Amaterasu, Chiron, Vulcano, Raijin's start clear in conquest shows what it means to have similar opportunities: they have good stats, but their development is ridiculously poor as you play, at least ridiculously sensible. But these are some of the worst, there are cases with overwhelming develop such as Scylla. Thanatos, Anubis, Cuchulainn, Ah Puch, Achilles and so on that shows an absurd power in almost every single minute - the more you see those cases, more frustrating will be the experiences and more people will not play. It's not about playing these gods to have fun, it's about playing whatever you want and being able to have fun.

Second, balancing is not about numbers. Vamana has a huge problem about his clear - that puts him into a bad spot, which is in front of the lane - about his early resistance and his ultimate - counterable as shit. Amaterasu is almost the same, but less critic - in my opinion, she should receive 20% fixed mitigation in her 2 ability, making her more resistent to front pokes and so on. Chiron needs luck to give proper damage; his 3 ability has a big CD and is easily canceled, his 2 ability is good, the problem is that the damage is pathetic, and his ultimate's passive is nothing but the most pathetic passive in the game, you know you'll die. Raijin's clear has become also pathetic, he can't go against another god because he has lost clear and his poke is hard hitting - considering you have, haha, you lost your 1 and 2 trying to clear the wave and you need a scape to, you know, try to survive. The other ones are just overwhelming, they NEED nerfs: Scylla needs less damage or, at least, no scape; Thanatos should only be able to ult if someone is in limir; Anubis needs to be more suscetible to damage and, god, Cuchulainn has just so many advantages... First, he should have problems into transforming - being much harder and putting you into taunt effect - and his 2 ability should GIVE rage, also, having less CD and his 1 giving 50% heal red in all ranks; with that, he'd not be able to master 1 and 3 and enter in berserk every single moment, making him more intriging and balanced. Achilles should only be able to use his 3 skill damage if he avoids someone's skill and his 1 skill should be a mesmerize, stuns stucks, they're just too much. About his ultimate: he could use it for engage and not lose it if he does not cause damage at first, having 20 seconds until it goes on CD, then he'd be intriging as fuck.

At last, but not less important, reminding what means to have fun - and that's what makes people play more and more and buy kins - which is not suffer from unbalanced gods. Gods are not about numbers, they're about mechanics in lane and Hi-Rez's money almost comes more from those who keep playing than from SMITE LEAGUE. Please, value begginers, they're your soul, Hi-Rez. Make the game goes on by buffing and nerfing the right cases. Raijin is not competitive in Conquest if not carried in early and none of the warriors I said are ok, but solo lane is probably better than mid lane in terms of balance - that's why I'll never play mid again if Scylla doesn't get nerfed. Understanding god's mechanic and seing that even so their numbers is good they still have weaknesses is ESSENTIAL. Numbers are NOT everything, MECHANIC is everything. Only when Hi-Rez fixs everyone's mechanics they'll have more players, because then they'll have good experiences after downloading because of an event!

In resume:
    - Gods are about mechanic, not about numbers;
    - SMITE LEAGUE's points are, in most of the cases, reasonable, but they're not the center of the game whatoever;
    - There are a lot of overwhelming gods which frustrates the game;
    - Reconstruct Vamana and Cuchulainn, giving Vamana something like a zigzag in his 1, reducing the enemies' protections in his 2 and less CD in his 3, maybe. Cuchulainn is just global with his CC, his passive - giving freedom for the jg since he does not need blue, having the Berserk form every single minute and mastering skills faster than other gods;
    - Nerf Achilles as I said, he's just brutal;
    - I like SMITE, but I also want to have fun, something that does not happens if you're against these overwhelming gods;

Achievements:
    Please help me giving comments until Hi-Rez reads it, they really need it.

Achievements:
    Also, Hercules is just strong, I don't know what to do about him, sincerely. Less health would be good.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    First impressions reading this: What? Secondary reaction when reading this: Is this guy serious?

But seriously though, you bring up some good points and you do not fall into the bitching style of posting like many others do.
    But:
    - Vamana, Amaterasu, Chiron, Vulcano, Raijin have bad or good early clear? Since some of these gods ahve good and some have bad. Not sure why you bunche them together.
    - Scylla, Thanatos, Anubis, Cu Chulainn, Ah Puch, Achilles is also really weird grouping. Scylla is extremely late game god, really poor early game, haven't seen her in this meta. Thana is the exact opposite, really strong early, falls off later. Anubis is extremely based on players skill. If you are not really good Anubis, you will feed your ass off due to how susceptible Anubis is to ganks with his poor mobility. Cu has fallen off from main meta a bit for some reason, still strong solo pick tho. Ah Puch is the worst conquest god and has been for a while. Achilles is a jungler, people just don't realize it yet.
    - How does Vamana have problems with his clear? His clear is great.
    - Ama brings so much to the team during teamfight phase, that's why her laning isn't that great.
    - Since when is 55/90/125/160/195 (+70%) bad dmg on an ability that can't miss?
    - Raijin needed those nerfs, he was literally in every game.
    - Scylla will never get to late game if you take away her escape.
    - Thana is not OP by any means so why would you nerf his ult?
    - Anubis already is really susceptible to damage.
    - It's only 1sec stun. And you say Achilles has too much but you want to buff his ult?
    - And I can't emphasize this enough, Scylla is balanced, her early is garbage.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    The ineptitude and short-sightedness in this post is staggering.
    For example: saying scylla has an easy early game among numerous other fallacies.

Achievements:
    Well, it's based on experience.
    - Vamana is weak at solo. He can't bear pressure at all - that's why I go safe and build Trans, to help the teamfight, but still... His 3 skill puts him into a weird spot where he got every single poke, even if they don't try, just take a game against any warrior and you'll see it. His scape is easily canceled by almost any cc and his ultimate is avoided just by running. Go for a test. Also: if you don't have blue, you're just as fucked as a Tyr.

- Just... Really? Just because think it's hard a mage's early does not means she's balanced. It's impossible to fight against this little monster even at mid game because of her damage and her scape; being able to do high amonts of damage and move through walls 70 units, being able to reagroup is just ridiculous - almost every mage has a bad early, it doesn't justify her damage at all. Stop playing only one god at mid and start suffering as you try to play Raijin against good players.

- My point with Thanatos is when you're playing against high players. Damage %, reg and execution at 40% makes him a carry in late game, but it'd be easily solved if you can only ult if someone is under the limiar. High level players dives into towers, teamfights or into alone gods and there's 'nothing you can do'.

- Well, kinda. I aggree that Raijin was destroying in the competitive, but it does not mean you can destroy him just because a few fellas are good with a hard clicking god. Nevertheless, his ability to clear and to be a pusher was killed and it's just impossible to play him in at mid. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

- Cu Chulainn needs to be remade. I love him, but he needs to have a level of difficulty because of his global presence.

- Ah Puch is broken in every single other mode, also, he's broken in solo lane too. And yes, I know the balance is made under Conquest, but I still think it's too much power.

- Achilles' stun overperforms in solo lane. Being a frontline clear and being a stun makes it too much - and Herc's 1 makes you choose into clear or into poke. What I want for him is to be able to trade in lane without killing you freely, suggesting a discussion about him and so on. And, yes, he's a jungler, a >warrior< jungler. Take a look at him in solo lane.

- My suggestion to Ama was a little change. She just needs to take less poke while trying to clear wave, since is a previsible skill and so on.

- Vamana's 3rd skill has a nice damage since it hits twice, I never negated it. I'm only justifying why is so weird that a good skill makes you fall behind.

- Is it really hard to unterstand a mage? Having poor early does not take away this overwhelming potential. If a entire team can't deal against a single god in mid and late game, there's something wrong. It's something that we have seeing with Raijin at SPL and so on, BUT HE IS HARD CLICKING.

Achievements:
    Chiron provides poor scape and poor damage in his 2 ability, Vulcano provides less damage than he should.

And, Saerireth... Is it hard to understand a mage? It must be sad to play Scylla and bear 10 fucking minutes until rotate and destroy duo lane. 10 minutes is just so much for a mage to become strong, don't you think?

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Buntarou View Post
    Well, it's based on experience.
    - Vamana is weak at solo. He can't bear pressure at all - that's why I go safe and build Trans, to help the teamfight, but still... His 3 skill puts him into a weird spot where he got every single poke, even if they don't try, just take a game against any warrior and you'll see it. His scape is easily canceled by almost any cc and his ultimate is avoided just by running. Go for a test. Also: if you don't have blue, you're just as fucked as a Tyr.

- Just... Really? Just because think it's hard a mage's early does not means she's balanced. It's impossible to fight against this little monster even at mid game because of her damage and her scape; being able to do high amonts of damage and move through walls 70 units, being able to reagroup is just ridiculous - almost every mage has a bad early, it doesn't justify her damage at all. Stop playing only one god at mid and start suffering as you try to play Raijin against good players.

- My point with Thanatos is when you're playing against high players. Damage %, reg and execution at 40% makes him a carry in late game, but it'd be easily solved if you can only ult if someone is under the limiar. High level players dives into towers, teamfights or into alone gods and there's 'nothing you can do'.

- Well, kinda. I aggree that Raijin was destroying in the competitive, but it does not mean you can destroy him just because a few fellas are good with a hard clicking god. Nevertheless, his ability to clear and to be a pusher was killed and it's just impossible to play him in at mid. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

- Cu Chulainn needs to be remade. I love him, but he needs to have a level of difficulty because of his global presence.

- Ah Puch is broken in every single other mode, also, he's broken in solo lane too. And yes, I know the balance is made under Conquest, but I still think it's too much power.

- Achilles' stun overperforms in solo lane. Being a frontline clear and being a stun makes it too much - and Herc's 1 makes you choose into clear or into poke. What I want for him is to be able to trade in lane without killing you freely, suggesting a discussion about him and so on. And, yes, he's a jungler, a >warrior< jungler. Take a look at him in solo lane.

- My suggestion to Ama was a little change. She just needs to take less poke while trying to clear wave, since is a previsible skill and so on.

- Vamana's 3rd skill has a nice damage since it hits twice, I never negated it. I'm only justifying why is so weird that a good skill makes you fall behind.

- Is it really hard to unterstand a mage? Having poor early does not take away this overwhelming potential. If a entire team can't deal against a single god in mid and late game, there's something wrong. It's something that we have seeing with Raijin at SPL and so on, BUT HE IS HARD CLICKING.
    - Vamana is ok at solo and works on jungle too. He is not top tier but not every god can be anyway.

- How is Scylla a problem to you? She wasn't seen any high level play in ages. Her early is worse than most other mages. And her escapes range is 65, 70 only after it's fully upgraded which is very late.

- You can dodge it and then destroy Thana when he comes down. Even kill for a kill is worth.

- Then play other gods. Theres always mages that just don't work in mid.

- Global presence? With what? Also, he has extremely horrible win rate in ranked.

- Ah Puch is the worst conquest god in the game. Other modes don't matter.

- I haven't had that much trouble with Achilles solo. His 1 pokes but so what. Stun isn't a problem cause I'm not on his face. Jungler Achilles on the other hand is extremely cancerous to face.

- She brings so much to late game team, she has to have little worse laning.

- You are right, if an entire team can't deal with a single god, something is wrong with that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Buntarou View Post
    Chiron provides poor scape and poor damage in his 2 ability, Vulcano provides less damage than he should.

And, Saerireth... Is it hard to understand a mage? It must be sad to play Scylla and bear 10 fucking minutes until rotate and destroy duo lane. 10 minutes is just so much for a mage to become strong, don't you think?
    - It takes longer than 10 minutes for Scylla to destroy anything.

- 55/90/125/160/195 (+70% of your physical power) is not poor damage and Chirons dash can go through players.

- 90/130/170/210/250 (+80% of your magical power), 45/70/95/120/145 (+40% of your magical power) per shot, 70/120/170/220/270 (+80% of your magical power) and 400/520/640/760/880 (+130% of your magical power) is less damage than should? How much should he do damage then? Vulcan has dmg in every ability he has.
    Last edited by Outso187; 06-17-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lord__Hazanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    I feel like everything OP is saying is spot on. Maybe you guys can't relate because you've been playing for so long...

I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer, and to start playing SMITE, you HAVE to be a hardcore gamer. There is just no way you are gonna learn how to play the game unless you put in some serious dedication to watching youtube vids, reading forums posts, readings guides and builds, etc.

Then of course you have to deal with the worst matchmaking i've ever seen in a video game, and somehow stay motivated after getting destroyed over and over again.

SMITE is not a game for the week of heart. You gotta be hardcore AF to pick this up as a new player, stick with it, and actually learn the game.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    One thing really stands out to me.

Topic says it is about Solo Lane then first post mentions some gods who are not associated Solo Lane.

Kinda kills whatever intent was here.