Thread: Assault Balance 2.0

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Assault Balance 2.0

No one wants to play when there is .10% chance of winning, based upon player skill right? I mean half the battle if Knowing? Right???

Look, I am glad you took my "bitching" about the healers into account. But please take the rest of it as well.

Assault CAN be random, without a single doubt. But make it fucking fair... Just fucking please....

A random bruiser
    A Random healer
    A random adc
    A Random Support
    A random assasin.

It doesn't EVEN have to be THAT way.... But rerolling into three bruisers... And not to mention a fucking game mode that introduces 5 Magical people (.. Like.. What kind of troll is that? ) ... .. ... .. Dot Fucking Dot.

A random 2 adcs/ 3 assasins, Got it, check. For fucks sake...... If the people playing the game haven't suffered enough, then so be it. They'll quit. I KNOW I'm close. And I should have long ago, but there is Nothing else that interests me....

But that shouldn't be revolve around the ever evolving mindset of gamers.

Making a Game Mode FAIR, No matter WHAT your argument is... Just makes sense... Period and hands down.

Stopping me from talking in global or preventing me from sending whispers does not change this fact. It never will.

Games are meant to be fun and competitive, Not fun and one sided out of RNG. But do what you will.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    It's supposed to be random, not fair.

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    It's supposed to be random, not fair.
    I second this quote. If you dont like the randomness of assault then dont play it, but its supposed to be random, thats what makes it fun.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,504
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Assault will never be balanced because it cannot be balanced. For Conq, there is no excuse; but Assault is broken by nature.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    I like chocolate covered bacon.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I'd be happy is my reroll button actually worked again. And everyone can't have that low of a win rate in a game some people have to win it a lot to create someone who only wins 10%. Before the broken release from 2 patches ago I was hovering around 70% win rate in assault.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    No one wants to play when there is .10% chance of winning, based upon player skill right? I mean half the battle if Knowing? Right???

Look, I am glad you took my "bitching" about the healers into account. But please take the rest of it as well.

Assault CAN be random, without a single doubt. But make it fucking fair... Just fucking please....

A random bruiser
    A Random healer
    A random adc
    A Random Support
    A random assasin.

It doesn't EVEN have to be THAT way.... But rerolling into three bruisers... And not to mention a fucking game mode that introduces 5 Magical people (.. Like.. What kind of troll is that? ) ... .. ... .. Dot Fucking Dot.

A random 2 adcs/ 3 assasins, Got it, check. For fucks sake...... If the people playing the game haven't suffered enough, then so be it. They'll quit. I KNOW I'm close. And I should have long ago, but there is Nothing else that interests me....

But that shouldn't be revolve around the ever evolving mindset of gamers.

Making a Game Mode FAIR, No matter WHAT your argument is... Just makes sense... Period and hands down.

Stopping me from talking in global or preventing me from sending whispers does not change this fact. It never will.

Games are meant to be fun and competitive, Not fun and one sided out of RNG. But do what you will.
    Make the game fair you say?
    Are you sure that what you are suggesting even is? You omitted non healer mages from your suggested comp.
    What if you get the following matchup:

Odin
    Hel
    Medusa
    Ares
    Da Ji

Vs.

Sun Wu Kong
    Terra
    Chernobog
    Kuzenbo
    Loki

Not very fair...and no one can play Ah Puch...which is pretty awesome, now that I think about it. So let's go with that plan.

You want to make it more fair? Here is an easy way to do so - let re-rolls go to the side and anyone can pick up the side. Someone re-rolled the healer? No problem, pick it back up. You have three assassins? Easily solved by making a rule that any re-roll will come from a class that is not in the party first - if you don't have a guardian, for example, that will come up first. Until all classes are filled by gods on the board and on the sideboard, but the initial drop is completely random (barring the 1 healer per team if it is a match with healers rule). You can choose to NOT run with a guardian by simply dropping in favor of the extra choices that would be on the side from re-rolls so it is quite variable.

I think that is a much better system. Still random, but you can influence it quite a bit if you try.
    Last edited by RandomToon; 06-12-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JEWJEWBEES View Post
    I like chocolate covered bacon.
    TIL that's a thing.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Assault is supposed to be RNG, don't play it if you don't like RNG.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.