Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using AI to balance

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Using AI to balance

I think there should be an AI testing phase after each patch cycle, to more fine tune balance changes made by the developers. That way gods and items can be run through thousands of times to find the best balance for that patch. Usuing overpowered gods all the time is just unfun for some of us, and it also teaches a bad mechanic of taking advantage all the time.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by playcat2 View Post
    I think there should be an AI testing phase after each patch cycle, to more fine tune balance changes made by the developers. That way gods and items can be run through thousands of times to find the best balance for that patch. Usuing overpowered gods all the time is just unfun for some of us, and it also teaches a bad mechanic of taking advantage all the time.
    But there's not really overpowered gods.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    They follow data and feedback from higher level players, and take PTR feedback deep into consideration. Usually after a god is released, you can guarantee they're changed within the next patch.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    But there's not really overpowered gods.
    Ehhhh, I don't think so.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    They follow data and feedback from higher level players, and take PTR feedback deep into consideration. Usually after a god is released, you can guarantee they're changed within the next patch.
    But the problem is, by that time it's too late. It's just an endless cycle of choosing the best god at the time. I for one am not that type of person, I go for whatever I like and what would go good with the team. But I believe that's part of the agenda possibly, to have god skins that are favorable at the time of the current op characters.

Why not just make the game as best as possibly be? We can handle addiction problems in the future. Which will probably be of limiting time spent on addicting programs. Because in the end the walls are the only thing that matter. But to make it good, it seems right that game needs much more time in everything, and to relax instead of rushing and more noise, which creates even more noise. I guess as long as it's coherent. And a help in the end.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Ehhhh, I don't think so.
    Name them.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    But the problem is, by that time it's too late.
    They follow PTR suggestions and do some finetuning, but because PTR is different from live, they can't do anything major until there's community consensus on things that need to be changed. This will never change.

Why not just make the game as best as possibly be?
    Why does the sun shine?
    Don't know what ur trying to say with "we can handle addiction problems in the future", btw.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    You cannot use the AI for testing.

1 - This game does not use a high level AI like OpenAI.

2 - Players will do things the predictable AI will not making player testing better.

3 - There is one broken thing in AI Assassin builds, sent Support info on this a while back. Speaking of builds, AI does not adjust those from set picks.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ViciousDead's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Well I'm high leveled, and I've played since closed beta. Can we nerf Baron again?

Proposed Nerf:
    Ultimate stun: 2 seconds -> 0.5 seconds
    Consign Spirits: 70% scaling -> 50% scaling, 18m radius -> 15m radius
    Vivid Gaze: 60% scaling -> 65% scaling

That was vivid gaze is more damage, and cosign spirits is more towards healing. Consign spirits shouldn't hit like a truck and take no skill to aim, look at Hel for instance, plus you have a root/slow to help you land it. Also again, that ultimate stun time needs reduced, it's ridiculous, allows you to hit enemy with every other skill right after your giant ult.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead krazz619's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Achievements:
    There should be a better testing phase. I don't know how, but I wish Smite was more balanced. I also wish a better company owned the game..

The discussion on balancing Gods is useless in my opinion, because all the Gods people might think are overpowered, haven't changed for a very long time, why would they change them now.

Lol, someone said there aren't any overpowered Gods.

There is a list of Gods, once I see them in a game, it automatically ruins the fun, because of their damage. If you can't shut them down early, they will snowball out of control and it's almost a guaranteed lost. I don't wanna talk about the Gods because people on the forums are toxic and think they know more about the game than the developers...

@ViciousDead relax, your "high leveled" experience isn't so high leveled, when you are complaining about nerfing a God that hasn't even been nerfed yet AND he is bugged, so you can't complain right now until they properly fix him...
    Last edited by krazz619; 07-08-2018 at 04:32 PM.