Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am worried about the future of Smite.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

I am worried about the future of Smite.

I am sorry in advance if this kind of post isn't allowed on forums or the General Discussion isn't appropriate place for discussions like this one.

---

After the release of Paladins and now Realm Royale I am worried that HiRez will abandon Smite only because these 2 "new games" (I know, Paladins has been around for quite a while but it was officially released this year) attract more players overall. HiRez is even doing more marketing for them than I've ever seen for Smite.

Don't get me wrong, HiRez is good at making games but I am worried about the future of Smite based on another game which got shut down because the "another project" became more profitable. Yeah, I am talking about Paragon. Altho, it wasn't quite dead and it had its stable playerbase, even the mighty Epic Games shut down the game that didn't sustain them enough money even tho they had a lot of money from Fortnite and could share it with Paragon development, but whatever.

I am simply afraid of the future of Smite.

Paladins seems quite stable in terms of playerbase and I am sure it's gonna be stable as long as Overwatch is alive.

http://steamcharts.com/app/444090

Realm Royale is a new hit but it's already outshining Paladins playerbase by a lot even for an Alpha game. I know, the game has been out for like almost a week and it's early to tell the outcome but I don't think it's gonna be getting a very large decline expecially with such a huge start.

http://steamcharts.com/app/813820

And Smite: http://steamcharts.com/app/386360 It has never had above 20k in the last year, and barely hitting 15k at times is a questionable mark.

Yeah, I know, there are players who don't use Steam launcher, but Steam is a popular platform itself where people find out about games and play them.

---

TLDR: I am just afraid of Smite having the same situation as Paragon, when playerbase numbers were stuck and developers didn't know how to properly increase it. Instead they created a game (games) which became more successful so they decided to abandon a MOBA even tho they could share money into further MOBA development/support.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    It is a slowly dying game, I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now. It still has a year or two left of decently populated time left, but after that they're just gonna drop it. Servers will most likely be there for longer than that, same as Tribes. But it would be foolish not to focus on projects that are succesful.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Will be a sad day for me when it does. Besides bf3/4 and Smite ive never found a pvp game ive invested so much time into.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I too am afraid of the future for "Smite" not because it's a bad game, but I don't feel Hi-Rez has the resouces to make the game properly, and make it fun.

Still I play League OF Legends I've ran into like almost zero toxic players in "Ranked" on League OF Legends because they know if they talk toxic comments they are going to get (BANNED) fast.

In Smite if I even try to play again, I have to deal with (Harassment) in chat, and if I (Disable my chat) I can get banned because I choose not to hear the toxicity and communicate with toxic teams or players.

I've been banned from this game twice 3 and 7 days I think it was because players on my team were being extremely toxic, No fixes for smite matchmaking No Role Selections Nothing, and both times I had harassing players on my team who were allowed to harassment the game, even being stuck in a role you hate but you try to play the game and they are harassing your chat all game and not trying to do anything then you get punished for having to mute them and not knowing what the F*** they are doing because they all run around the map like chickens with no heads.

Smite is a great game, but I feel it maybe time for a new company that has the resources, or expansion of Hi-Rez, and total re-work of the game to make it more like Riot Games within the game so players don't have to fear spending their hard earned money and losing their accounts because of toxic players.

Oh and Paladins is Trash I play it every so often, but the same toxic community compared to what I find in OverWatch I do like the art better in Paladins than Overwatch somewhat, but other than that Overwatch has a better community and many more players Plus you won't get banned for not playing a specific role even in ranked.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    ... APPARENTLY I need 10 Characters.

SO.. Dot, Dot. Dot.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    stop worrying. there is no future for Smite. They dont know how to balance, they dont take care of toxic players like LoL, they havent fixed many bugs since beta and they only care about skins.hell this weekend it was down to 9k players on steam. save your money ppl, hirez only trying to milk the money out of u before their servers go into maintenance mode.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    It's a battle royale between HiRez' many projects, huh?

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 804
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Yeah, that makes sense. But you also forgot about Hand of the Gods. So that is another game.
    I honestly think that any game that has been around this long is going to see player turnover. It just happens.
    Remember The Manticore

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. But you also forgot about Hand of the Gods. So that is another game.
    I honestly think that any game that has been around this long is going to see player turnover. It just happens.
    naw, most mmos have a shelf life of over 7-8 years before the decline as heavily as Smite has. All the fault goes to hirez for poor decision making.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Problem is players not learning all roles sure when i started mage was all i played and could play. Then hunters but i had 3 classes i could not took me a bit to find a few assassin i can be great with. Guardians and warriors came last just a frustrating role when i'm fighting 3 people for 2 minutes and my teammates just watch without throwing any powers or basic.
    Yesterday had a yamir build all damage sr was his first item he just going for mana camps in clash just basic attacking it for 1 minute while everyone was in fights.
    Yes we need role everytime i play clash either ou warrior builds all tanky and our guardian builds all damage or both build all tanky and stay in the back watching.
    I feel for guardians they need to remove certain power items leave poly, all boots and maybe sr that way it forces them to build for the role.
    For warrior same just keep a few tank items when i see Odins build all tanky i laugh as they usually cannot do much damage .

The main items i see stone of gaia and breastplate hardly do i see mantle or spirit robe
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.