Thread: God Idea: Njord, God of the Sea and Winds

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

God Idea: Njord, God of the Sea and Winds

Welcome, this is my fourth God Idea submission. I had a lot of trouble trying to think of something interesting beyond 3 parts of his kit, i did not want to make him feel bland. If anyone has any better suggestions for his Ultimate, and Passive, I'd gladly hear them out. But sadly, info on Njord is rather scarce beyond 2-3 stories. Thank you

Lord of the Sea, Patron of fishermen, and seafarers alike. Njord is respected among man and god alike. One of the chief Vanir, he is well respected among the Aesir as well. Sent to the Aesir as an ambassador with his two children, Freyr and Freya, after the Aesir-Vanir war, Njord helped mend the gap between the two.

Dominion of the sea, weather, and good fortune, many people from traders, to hunters, to raiders all pay homage to the lord of the ocean, a dangerous and foreboding place, even to the mighty Norse. During the challenge of Skadi against the gods, she had her free choice of men, but she could only decide her husband based on their feet. Believing the cleanest feet belonging to Baldur, the most desired and beloved of the gods, she had inadvertently chose Njord, for the ocean cleaned his feet every day. They became happily married, but could not bear to live in each other's homes. Njord could not stand the frozen mountains, and Skadi the warmer sea.

Now the father of fortune and prosperity rises from the seas to give aid to his children in this, the Battleground of the Gods!

Title: God of the Sea and Winds
    Pantheon: Norse
    Type: Melee, Physical
    Class: Warrior
    Pros: Medium Crowd Control, Medium Area Damage
    Difficulty: ???
    Stats
    Health: 475 (+80)
    Mana: 230 (+40)
    Speed: 375 (+0)
    Range: 12 (+0)
    Attack/Sec: 1 (+0.9%)
    Basic Attack
    Damage: 40 (+ 2) + 100% of Physical Power
    Progression: 1/.75/.75/1.5 x damage
    Protection
    Physical: 15 (+3)
    Magical: 30 (+0.9)
    Regen
    HP5: 8 (+0.72)
    MP5: 4.4 (+0.29)

PASSIVE: Sea Breezes
    As Njord uses his abilities, he gains Wind, which gradually shift between Warm currents and Cold currents. He shifts every 10 seconds. This shifts is reduced by 4 seconds every time Njord uses an ability.

Njord also receives a movement speed buff when out of combat, the winds favoring his passage. He gain's a bonus of half his current level, which slowly builds up as soon as he leaves combat. It takes 2 seconds for the full bonus to take effect.

Movement Speed: .5% Movement Speed per level when out of combat

1: Fishing Harpoon
    Njord throws his fishing spear out in a line, traveling and stopping on the first enemy god or large jungle monster hit, dealing damage. After hitting them, Njord pulls the line, Pulling the enemy towards Njord. The longer Njord channels this ability, the farther they are pulled, to a maximum of within 10 Units in front of him. Full channeling takes 2 seconds. If the Winds are warm, the harpoon will deal additional damage. If the Winds are cold, the harpoon will have ice on it, increasing its hitbox to double it's normal size.

Range: 55 Units + 5 Units per .5 channeled
    Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+40% physical power)

Warm Winds Damage: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 (+30% Physical Power)

Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 Mana

2: Cast The Line!
    In a cone in front of himself, Njord casts out his fishing net, catching all enemy gods in its grasp. Enemy gods caught this way have their movement speed reduced, which doubles if he hits them with Basic Attacks, while in the net. The width of the cone decreases as Njord casts it out farther away. Target within his net cannot have their movement speed exceed Njord's. If the Winds are warm, this ability deals damage on hit, if the Winds are cold, enemies are Crippled.

Duration: 3 / 3 / 4 / 4 / 5 seconds
    Slow: 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% Movement speed debuff
    Warm Winds Damage: 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 (+25% Physical Power)

Cooldown: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 Mana

(I'd like to point out here, the width change in this ability works a bit like Erlang Shen, or Sun Wukong. The further your reticule is away from him, the thinner the cone becomes. Also, the purpose of this ability is to allow Njord to combo with his one, then get some Basics in.)

3: Tide's Passage
    Creating a tidal wave, Njord rides it. He has reduced turning while riding. He Knocks Up any enemies in his path. He is able to cast his other abilities while riding his wave. During this dash, he moves slightly faster then he normally would, limited control.

Damage: 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+40% of your physical power)

Cooldown: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 seconds
    Mana Cost: 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 mana

ULTIMATE: Maelstrom
    Calling forth the rage of the sea and sky, Njord summons a Maelstrom around himself, dealing damage per second and pulling them towards him in the center. He has a Health shield during the Maelstrom, the forces of nature coming to protect him.. If the winds are cold, they also apply a slow to targets in the Maelstrom. If the winds are warm, the Maelstrom deals additional damage. While the Maelstrom rages, the weather cannot change, therefore the Winds do not alter.

Damage per second: 35 / 42 / 49 / 56 / 63 (+40% Physical Power)
    Max Damage per second: 175 / 210 / 245 / 280 / 315 (+200% Physical Power)

Slow: 40% Movement speed debuff
    Additional Damage: 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 (+10% Physical Power)
    Duration: 5 Seconds
    Health Shield: 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% Max Health

Cooldown: 100 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 / 140 mana
    Last edited by AustSiannodel; 06-10-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Rewording and rewording

New Member Cupidhead Impaleification's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Hello again!

P: I really like the way this passive works. The idea of cold winds and warm winds behind it is very cool and fits the god well, and I like how every ability changes slightly depending on what wind is currently blowing. The movement speed bonus is a nice touch too; definitely would help with ganking a lot. Though how long does he have to be outside of combat for the movement speed to take effect? There should probably be a time span between when he was last damaged and when the movement speed buff takes effect.

1: I really like his pull; it's an interesting take on a pull ability. I can imagine him channelling the ability for the perfect amount of time to secure a kill. Reminds me a bit of Thresh's W, but with even more control on how it pulls. My only question is, how much larger is the hitbox when the winds are cold?

2: This ability definitely looks like it would combo well with his 1, and I like how the ability is either a damage ability or a CC. Though it would be a bit difficult to keep track of which will occur; you may damage when you need to CC, or vice versa. But that also adds a nice element of timing correctly with the ability.

3: This one is great. I love how he is able to cast his other abilities while riding the wave, it's a a nice touch. But, I think this ability should also increase his movement speed while he is on the wave.

U: The ultimate is very well done as well. Again, it goes very well with the rest of the kit and fits the god's lore too. The damage is really good, and the potential slow effect is great too. Though I wonder, is it possible for the winds to change while the Ult is active?

In general I really like the concept of this god. He reminds me of melee ranged Poseidon somewhat (which is fitting), but more focused on abilities that keep enemies close to him and his team rather than simply blowing them up. Very utility oriented in a way, which I always like to see in a god.

Achievements:
    P: That's a good point, I'll make it build up over the course of a few seconds, maybe 3 to 5. Perhaps change the wind changes to his Basic Attacks, maybe?

1: I would say the standard be a bit larger then an average Basic Attack, and the wider being closer the Ullr's 1 Perhaps? And truth be told this was almost completely inspired by League of Legends' new character, Pyke.

2: Yeah the idea of this is that it gives you chase, because they have a hard time escaping it, letting him Basic attack them.

3: The speed is roughly the speed the Poseidon's Tidal wave travels at.

U: I honestly haven't considered the winds changing during the storm. I should add in that the winds stop changing while the Maelstrom rages, that way you get the full effect of whatever form you want with your full kit, Cold or Warm.

Thank you, I wasn't going to make him originally, looking at all the other Njord's people made didn't sell it for me, but then I thought of the 1 + 2 combo and I just knew I had to make him after that. Everything else fell into place.

I'll work on and add edits later.

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I only have an issue with his passive. I like the wind changing and everything, its unique and cool. But the movement speed buff is a little too high i think. If I did my math correct which there is a possibility I didnt .5% each level for 20 levels is 10 % movement speed at 1 stack. With a .3 second wait between stacks this will stack fairly quick. Add in that its 9 stacks if he has full stacks that would be a wopping 90% movement speed buff at level 20 when out of combat. Thats without boots too. I mean I think that should just be toned down a bit. Most people only pick up boots which give only 18% movement speed except for the one pair that gives 25% when leaving base. I mean you would have max movement speed fairly quick without even needing boots. Again IF i did my math right thats just was TOO good of a passive. other than that, its pretty good.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    I only have an issue with his passive. I like the wind changing and everything, its unique and cool. But the movement speed buff is a little too high i think. If I did my math correct which there is a possibility I didnt .5% each level for 20 levels is 10 % movement speed at 1 stack. With a .3 second wait between stacks this will stack fairly quick. Add in that its 9 stacks if he has full stacks that would be a wopping 90% movement speed buff at level 20 when out of combat. Thats without boots too. I mean I think that should just be toned down a bit. Most people only pick up boots which give only 18% movement speed except for the one pair that gives 25% when leaving base. I mean you would have max movement speed fairly quick without even needing boots. Again IF i did my math right thats just was TOO good of a passive. other than that, its pretty good.
    Ah I worded it like a chimp, no no no, I meant it that at level 20, you get a TOTAL of 10% movement speed out of combat. The plan is that it'll take roughly 2 seconds to build up to the total movement speed. As soon as you leave combat the winds will build up, slowly gaining more movement speed to his full bonus, which is always half his level. I'll have to reword that, but I see the confusion.

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AustSiannodel View Post
    Ah I worded it like a chimp, no no no, I meant it that at level 20, you get a TOTAL of 10% movement speed out of combat. The plan is that it'll take roughly 2 seconds to build up to the total movement speed. As soon as you leave combat the winds will build up, slowly gaining more movement speed to his full bonus, which is always half his level. I'll have to reword that, but I see the confusion.
    Ok, lol. Maybe it was me that read it like a chimp. Its hard to tell, sometimes I dont get things right off the bat, but thats seems like a more fair and better passive then 90% movement speed XD
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway