Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!

God Concept: Hector, the Prince of Troy

Hector: Prince of Troy
    Pantheon: Greek
    Class: Warrior
    Pros: High Single Target Damage

Appearance: Something similar to what is pictured below, but wearing black Trojan armour, including a helmet. Uses a sword as a weapon, as that is what he used in his fight with Achilles.

Abilities

Passive- Defender of Troy
    If an ally god within 60 units of Hector is below 35% health, Hector gains bonus Movement Speed and Protections. Does not stack.

Movement Speed Bonus: 6%+.3% per level
    Protections Bonus: 5+1 per level
    1st Ability- Courageous Assault

Hector slashes with his sword 2 times in succession, damaging enemy targets within range. If both hits connect with an enemy god, Hector may swing a 3rd time in a line for extra damage.

Damage: First and second hit each- 50/70/100/140/200 (+40% of your physical power)
    Third hit- 60/85/120/165/230 (+40% of your physical power)
    Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
    Range: 30
    Cooldown: 18 seconds
    Ability Type: Cone, Cone, Line

2nd Ability- Battle Prowess

Hector gains a shield for half of his missing health. Hector also gains a bonus to physical power for each enemy god nearby for the duration.
    Shield Health: 50% of total missing health
    Physical power bonus: 5 (
    +2 per level) per enemy god within 30 units
    Cost: 30/40/50/60
    Duration: 6 seconds
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Ability Type: Buff

3rd Ability- Heroic Charge

Hector charges forward, dealing damage to enemy targets in his path. If he collides with an enemy god, that god is slowed for 5 seconds.

Damage: 60/80/100/130/170 (+40% of your physical power)
    Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 mana
    Range: 50
    Slow duration: 5 seconds
    Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Ability type: Dash

Ultimate- Last Stand

Hector dashes to and damages target god. Hector creates a duel area around him and that god for 10 seconds, knocking away any other nearby enemy gods. Hector gains protections while inside the duel area, and the target god is crippled and unable to leave the area. Hector is able to cancel this early by leaving the area.

Damage: 100/120/140/170/190 (+60% of your physical power)
    Protections: 8+2 per level
    Cost: 100/105/110/115/120/125
    Radius: 30
    Duration: 10 seconds
    Cooldown: 120 seconds
    Ability type: Wall

This is my first god build, and any feedback is appreciated. One thing I'm unsure of is whether or not it's necessary for his ultimate to deal damage, and damage numbers in general. I'm also not completely sure if he qualifies more as a Warrior or as an Assassin.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes made:
    -Given role as Warrior.
    -Added protections to the Ultimate, removed the inability for other gods to deal damage/be dealt damage to, and added knockback effect against enemy gods.
    -Reduced radius from 40 to 30 on the Ultimate.
    -Added separate damage for Courageous Assault's 3rd attack, and made the 3rd attack a line.
    -Reworked base damages for Courageous Assault.
    -Changed movement speed progression on the passive.
    -Reworked Battle Prowess.
    -Changed Heroic Charge's stun into a slow.
    -Reworked Heroic Charge's base damage.

Last edited by Impaleification; 06-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Hello there, and what is this? An actual good god idea?! Joking aside, I really like what you have here so far I just have a few thoughts and questions.

P: First off, I love this passive. It's SO cool. But if he has this, I would say not make him an assassin? It just doesn't sound assassin like, imo. But again, love this idea. Honestly, you could even buff up the Movement speed buff per level up a bit more, since at max level it gives 4%, but that's just me.

1: Interesting idea. Sounds kinda like a toned down Ama ult, in a sense. I would have it that the first two are cones, and the third being a line that deals even more damage, or perhaps gives the damage bonus Physical power scaling, so it translate into more damage.

2: Sounds like Herc dash. isn't a bad thing, just... a part of me doesn't want there to be another Herc dash... But there's nothing wrong with it.

3: I don't like this one, very much, since it sounds like a super weak version of Herc's passive (only for basic attacks, obviously, but still). I would change this one, personally, to something that translate into survival rather then power, or a mix of both. As it stands now, this sounds unoriginal and a bit lacking. At the very least, make it cost the same across al ranks, perhaps. This sounds like the ability one would max out last, and that's a typical trait of those.

U: This is cool. My one concern is the "can't hurt anyone else but each other." part of it. If I may suggest, make it kinda like Camille's Ult from League of Legends? in short, you create a small arena around you and the target, all other enemies are knocked away. Your target is not able to leave the arena, and you deal additional physical (or even true) damage to the target (can be based on your physical power, or even something tanky like your Health)

This is just my thoughts on it. I had really good advice on my first post (Freyr, if you're curious). it was, choose someone already in the game and be their counter/opponent. Base your abilities, stats, etc off them. In your's you can make him rival Herc? Just a thought. Good luck

New Member Cupidhead Impaleification's Avatar
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Hello, and thanks for the feedback!

P: Yeah, this is the main part of the kit that made me unsure of the right role. On one side it makes him out to be a defender, making him seem like a warrior, but on the other side it could make him a good jungler, which assassins are most known for. But there's nothing stopping a warrior from jungling of course. Also, do you have an idea how far up his movement speed buff could be?

1: I like the idea of having the third ability being a line, it's a cool idea. Though for this ability I'm a bit concerned about the damage, since I feel it may be too much or too little.

2: Wasn't really sure what to do with this one, just that I knew I wanted him to have a dash since it fits the duel he had with Achilles (except he died when he did that). Do you have any suggestions on how to possibly make the dash more unique?

3: Definitely will find a way to change this one, because it does seem really weak. Also didn't think about the fact that Hercules has a passive very similar to it.

U: I actually was looking to League of Legends as inspiration for this one (though I thought of Jarvan). I thought about making it more similar to that, but wasn't sure if it would seem too close to Odin's ult or not. But I think it could work if all enemies were knocked away (providing more utility for the team, which is always nice), as you said, and leave the "can't hurt anyone else" bit out.
    Last edited by Impaleification; 06-09-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Achievements:
    Follow up

P: I'd say try to aim to give Hector roughly... 12%? That's a bit more then Stone Cutting Sword. You could have it be 6% base + .3% per level.

1:I did that math, and without changing it, your base damage is less then Daji's 2, Susano's 1 (only because scaling), and FAR below Bellona's in both base and scaling. If hector is meant to be a damaging Warrior, or an in your face Assassin, he needs more damage. You could make it so that the Scaling is less, if it helps (Doing so would mean Hector does better with Pen items rather then power items, like most Warriors.) or perhaps just increase the Scaling (so Pen is less important. Up to you). If you want to balance it a bit more, you can take out the stun and make it so the third hit does 10% more damage.

2) The dash is fine, really. and it fits well with the Ult, but maybe you can make it that it only stuns when he and the target(s) hit a wall? Or you could have it just be a dash, that if you hit, you can make a second dash. Build his kit on rewarding skill, just increase the damage and make the stun a slow. My other suggestion, is to make this your three. trust me, putting the movement based ability to the 3 key makes it feel smoother.

3: I'd like to see what you come up for this. See your kit, however, I would suggest something like Jarvin's W. Gives you a self shield and a slow ticking shield per enemy nearby. Or perhaps during the shield, gain power based on number of enemies nearby.

U: Just make the area roughly odin's and only restricts the movement of the target you chose. The area could also cripple, so they can't jump out.

Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Alright, I made a few changes.

P: Increased the movement speed buff.

1: I increased the base damages a bit, and made it so the third attack is a line while the first two are cones.

2: The 2 and 3 switched places. I completely agree that dashes feel better as a third ability. Anyway, I tried to get a bit creative with it. So he gains a shield for the duration, and the health of that shield depends on how much of his total health is gone. Decided to add in a physical power buff dependent on the number of enemy gods nearby as well.

3: Just changed the stun into a 5 second slow and changed the damage. I was also thinking that the dash may be able to go through gods as well, making it possible to slow multiple gods if used correctly. Would that be too much, you think?

U: Removed the entire idea where other gods cannot deal or be dealt damage, and added in knockback on enemy gods upon the area being made. Also decreased the area from 40 to 30.
    Last edited by Impaleification; 06-09-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Achievements:
    Real quick

P: perfect

1: Love it

2: I love the shield idea a lot, good job

3: No it's great as it is. Only way I would change this would be to make it that you can dash again if you hit an enemy god, and reduce the damage (to reward skilled play) but if that's not your jam, the way you have it set is really good.

U: This feels a whole lot better, but you didn't mention that the target cannot leave the arena, did you take that out? If that is meant to be there, you could make it that they cannot, unless you leave, then the arena goes away, perhaps?

Great job, I'd love to see more work from you.

Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    For the ultimate, I added in that it cripples the opponent so they are unable to escape. I'll add in that they are unable to leave at all too though, for the sake of being clear.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaleification View Post
    For the ultimate, I added in that it cripples the opponent so they are unable to escape. I'll add in that they are unable to leave at all too though, for the sake of being clear.

Again, thanks for the feedback!
    Of course. there's not enough people on these forums who reply, so I'm glad to do my part! And good luck with future ideas.