Thread: Matchmaking

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Matchmaking

First wish to say the game overall is fun. The selection of characters are what causes someone to be an altoholic, wanting to play every character see who can do what in the game. But as going into versus I have ran into people who do not care enough to work as a team.People who just rush in causes the enemy team to get incredibly stronger. But why can't there be a better form of matchmaking. Its quite impossible to learn anything in consecutive games when you are matched against people who have played this game as if its the only game they play.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Since this thread exists. Has Hirez touched matchmaking lately? Because it completely derped. 8 losses in a row yesterday, 7 losses in a row today. And when I wanted to join my first ranked conquest it kicked me after picks and bans due to "unable to connect to steam" and i have a deserter for 30 mins. What a lovely weekend.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lord__Hazanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Just made a thread in the "Other Feedback" section. But I'm echoing your sentiments 100%

The matchmaking makes this game feel pointless to bother playing anymore...

Here's my post from the thread I made:

Matchmaking destroying my will to play.

So i'm fully admittedly a new player to SMITE. Paragon died off a few months back, and I had sort of ignored SMITE for the longest time. Just recently I decided to say "F-it" and give it a shot. I've been playing pretty much everyday over the last few weeks. Just taking my time jamming some casual Joust, trying to learn the different gods, and the item system. I would win a match, lose a match, win a match, but I was having a blast at least, and felt like I was learning more and more each and every game.

Well, all that came crashing down, to a sudden, savagely, 'not-fun-AT-ALL' end.

At this point, i've lost about 12 games ina row or something crazy like that... The thing is, it's not like we are having good, fairly even matches like before, and then I end up losing, but still have learned a lot and had fun... What seems to happen damn near every time now, is I get matched up against either a team of way higher level premades, over and over and over, or there ends up being 1 guy on the opposing team who must be smurfing or something, because he is just a straight up demon at this game and insanely good. Almost every match lately, my entire team gets completely destroyed by 1 guy going like 20-0 on the enemy team, and just annihilating us. the games get to a point were it feels like I literally can't do anything but get shredded in seconds.

The matchmaking seems to be the worst matchmaking ive ever experienced in any video game, ever in my life. I don't understand why it constantly sets up HUGE mismatches over and over and over and over; ad nauseam.

How are new players supposed to learn when they just get destroyed in seconds by squads of premades multiple levels higher than themselves? And how is it fun for the experienced players to just ROLL OVER with no effort a bunch of new scrubs like myself?

I wasnt having this problem at first. Id win some, and Id lose some, but I was having really fun games either way, and always learning. Now I feel like there literally isn't even a point in loading up a game anymore, cuz I know im just going to get annihilated, learn nothing because we just got smoked so hard, waste a half hour of my life, and leave pissed off and frustrated.

What's the deal with this matchmaking?

Any tips, or advice? I really love the concept of this game, and see the potential for fun, but getting destroyed again and again, just makes me not want to play anymore, and it's a huge bummer.

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I had a game yesterday with a level 29 player who only had like 3 gods mastered, 2 of them were mastery 1 and the other one was a rank 10 diamond Ratatoskr. i checked his recent played games and every game was ratatoskr. For reference I am about to hit level 81 but was matched with a 29. Then in the same game on my team I had a rank 68 guy who had never played Hades before and thought the game I was in was the perfect time to test him out instead of yeah know, like going into jungle practice, or playing against AI to get used to the god. He went like 2 and 9. You just have to love match making. Just makes your whole day miserable and whatnot, how could anyone DISLIKE that. Its needs to be fixed. I think more people would come play the game again if they werent matched with people who shouldnt belong in the same game as them due to skill level and rank level. Fix your crap Hi-Rez.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The matchmaking seems to have gone all to hell. Whatever changes they made seems to have made it much worse.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord__Hazanko View Post
    Just made a thread in the "Other Feedback" section. But I'm echoing your sentiments 100%

The matchmaking makes this game feel pointless to bother playing anymore...

Here's my post from the thread I made:

Matchmaking destroying my will to play.

So i'm fully admittedly a new player to SMITE. Paragon died off a few months back, and I had sort of ignored SMITE for the longest time. Just recently I decided to say "F-it" and give it a shot. I've been playing pretty much everyday over the last few weeks. Just taking my time jamming some casual Joust, trying to learn the different gods, and the item system. I would win a match, lose a match, win a match, but I was having a blast at least, and felt like I was learning more and more each and every game.

Well, all that came crashing down, to a sudden, savagely, 'not-fun-AT-ALL' end.

At this point, i've lost about 12 games ina row or something crazy like that... The thing is, it's not like we are having good, fairly even matches like before, and then I end up losing, but still have learned a lot and had fun... What seems to happen damn near every time now, is I get matched up against either a team of way higher level premades, over and over and over, or there ends up being 1 guy on the opposing team who must be smurfing or something, because he is just a straight up demon at this game and insanely good. Almost every match lately, my entire team gets completely destroyed by 1 guy going like 20-0 on the enemy team, and just annihilating us. the games get to a point were it feels like I literally can't do anything but get shredded in seconds.

The matchmaking seems to be the worst matchmaking ive ever experienced in any video game, ever in my life. I don't understand why it constantly sets up HUGE mismatches over and over and over and over; ad nauseam.

How are new players supposed to learn when they just get destroyed in seconds by squads of premades multiple levels higher than themselves? And how is it fun for the experienced players to just ROLL OVER with no effort a bunch of new scrubs like myself?

I wasnt having this problem at first. Id win some, and Id lose some, but I was having really fun games either way, and always learning. Now I feel like there literally isn't even a point in loading up a game anymore, cuz I know im just going to get annihilated, learn nothing because we just got smoked so hard, waste a half hour of my life, and leave pissed off and frustrated.

What's the deal with this matchmaking?

Any tips, or advice? I really love the concept of this game, and see the potential for fun, but getting destroyed again and again, just makes me not want to play anymore, and it's a huge bummer.
    All you can do as of advice is keep making these threads about how bad match making is. Tell them on Twitter, facebook, or whatever this dumb streaming platform that isnt Twitch they are using now. At some point they have to get annoyed and try to fix it. As of the game itself, advice would be look at items that are good on basically any gods. Like right now Crusher is killer on just about any physical god and I think bancrofts is really powerful right now on any damage mage. For guardians you just need to pick and choose defense items based on what the enemies are running. If they have 2 powerful hunters and a assassin then pick up hide of the nemean lion. If its a bunch of magical gods then Oni hunters garb can be good. Just play around with different builds and find whats suits you best in a situation or what items work well for a god you like to play, hoped that helped.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lord__Hazanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    @SmearyGore674

Hey bro. I appreciate the insight, and the advice man! Seriously, really cool of you try and help out.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord__Hazanko View Post
    @SmearyGore674

Hey bro. I appreciate the insight, and the advice man! Seriously, really cool of you try and help out.
    Np man. Not all of the smite society here is bad. There are more people on the forums here that can help you and will be willing to help give basic insight on the game if you need it. PM me if you ever need help. Im level 81 so either I just play too much or Im doing at least a little of something right. Im no Pro though lol.