Thread: God Idea: Mani, God of the Moon

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

God Idea: Mani, God of the Moon

My third god idea, I had trouble working on his abilities so I would appreciate it if anyone has any other ideas, or ideas I can use for him. For context, I tried to make a mage that would do good in the jungle. The jungle is not my forte, so any junglers out there willing to help?

Mani came into this world with his twin sister, Sol. Their father, so enamored by their sheer beauty and presence, arrogantly named them after the heavenly bodies. Sol for the sun, and Mani for the moon. They would each prove to be their namesake, as Sol became willful and passionate, while her brother became calm, contemplative, and graceful. Although things were what their father could have dreamed, Odin did not take lightly to their father’s arrogance and punished them.

Each twin was forced to chariot the heavenly body for which they were named for across the sky, forever kept in check by the sons of Fenrir, Hati and Skoll, who would chase them until Ragnarok, where the twins would be devoured along with their cargo. Mani accepted his fate with grace, while his sister would take her anger out on Hati, who would always be hot on her heels.

Now that the battle of gods has undergone, and his sister brought down to continue the fight, Mani cannot help but to wish in aiding his sister, to at least ensure her safety.

Title: God of the Moon
    Pantheon: Norse
    Type: Ranged, Magical
    Class: Mage
    Pros: High Mobility, Control
    Difficulty: ???
    Stats
    Health: 390 (+71)
    Mana: 270 (+50)
    Speed: 360 (+0)
    Range: 55 (+0)
    Attack/Sec: 0.95 (+1.5%)
    Basic Attack
    Damage: 34 (+ 1.45) + 20% of Magical Power
    Progression: None
    Protection
    Physical: 8.5 (+2.4)
    Magical: 30 (+0.9)
    Regen
    HP5: 6 (+0.47)
    MP5: 4.8 (+0.4)

PASSIVE: Lunar Phases
    As Mani does damage with his basic attacks, he builds up moonlight, going through the phases from New Moon to Full Moon. At each phase, he gains additional Magical Penetration and Magical Power. Basic Attacks gather more moonlight. Abilities can also have bonus effects based on Phase. Each ability will drain away Moonlight upon cast, but can build up, based on how many targets you affect.

New Moon (1% - 20%)
    Crescent Moon (21% - 40%)
    Half Moon (41% - 60%)
    Gibbous Moon (61% - 80%)
    Full Moon (81% - 100%)

Basic Attack hits: 5% Moonlight

Magical Power per Phase: 5% Magical Power
    Magical Penetration per Phase: 2 Magical Penetration

1: Pull of the Moon
    In target circle area, all enemies are slightly pulled toward the center, lasting for about 3s before surging out, knocking enemies away from the center and dealing damage to those within the radius in a burst of Moonlight. This can activated early to deal the burst with reduced knockback.

The Radius of this ability increases with the Lunar Phases

Duration: 3s
    Damage: 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+80% of your magical power)

Moonlight: -15% on cast. (+5% per enemy hit)
    Radius: 15 Units (+5 Units every Phase)

Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 /90 mana
    Cooldown: 15 seconds

2: Moonlight
    Imbuing himself with moonlight, Mani empowers his next basic attack to deal extra damage, pass through enemies, and stop at the first enemy god or large jungle monster, exploding in a flash of light.

The Range of this ability increases with the Lunar Phases

Damage: 50 / 85 / 120 / 155 / 190 (+30% of your magical power)

Moonlight: -10% (+10 for every enemy god, or large jungle monster, hit by this)
    Range: 50 Units (+5 units for every Lunar Phase)

Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana
    Cooldown: 12 seconds

3: Dark Moon
    For .5 seconds, Mani builds up moonlight in his body and flashes, blinding enemies looking at withing 30 Units, and stunning those within melee range of him. For 5 seconds after, Mani enters stealth until he attacks or takes damage. He is immune to soft CC while in stealth

The Duration of his stealth, and the blind, increase with his Lunar Phases.

Stealth Duration: 4 seconds (+.5 seconds for every phase after after New Moon)
    Blind Duration: 1 second (+.5 seconds for every phase after New Moon)

Moonlight: -20%

Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana
    Cooldown: 15 seconds

ULTIMATE: Lunar Eclipse
    Creating a radius of Darkness around himself for 4s, preventing enemy vision while in his radius. During this time, his moonlight becomes empowered, granting him additional damage to those within his darkness.

The Duration of the shroud increases with the Lunar Phases. The Damage increases with the Lunar Phases.

Duration: 4 seconds (+.5 seconds for every Lunar Phase)
    Additional Damage: +5% damage from Mani (+2% for every Lunar Phase)

Moonlight: -30% (+20% for every enemy god killed while in the circle)
    Last edited by AustSiannodel; 06-20-2018 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Rewording

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    He is very interesting to say the least. I would play him. I dont play conquest at all but still he would be good in team fights. I would assume his passive would work like Poseidons? Where each ability costs some of his moonlight. You may have stated that already but if you did I didn't see it. He is a fair character it seems and could be used as a mage or assassin like jungler I think. Keep up the good god ideas. This one is really awesome.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    He is very interesting to say the least. I would play him. I dont play conquest at all but still he would be good in team fights. I would assume his passive would work like Poseidons? Where each ability costs some of his moonlight. You may have stated that already but if you did I didn't see it. He is a fair character it seems and could be used as a mage or assassin like jungler I think. Keep up the good god ideas. This one is really awesome.
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. And yes, his passive works somewhat like Posiedon's, with one exception. His abilities cost Moonlight to use, but build up moonlight when hitting enemy gods (There are small sections in the abilities that are labeled "moonlight") The way I set it up, is that you get less back then what you spent, except if you hit multiple targets. I wanted him to be wiggly and deal decent damage as well. A lot of his damage outputs are based off Sol, but changed to deal less base damage with a bit more scaling, to synergize with the agcal power he gets from his passive (again, like how sol does.) Except he gains power and pen from his phases.

I'm glad you like my ideas, it makes me happy to hear others are liking my work I have at least 5 more planned out for the next few weeks, so I'll still be taking feedback on him, and my previous ones.