Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reason why smite dies

New Member Cupidhead Shidori1337's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Uh... No, they should not be told they can't play just because there is no one matchmaking considers on their level. They should most definitely be given a match.
    Why?
    They could split and then get a match that would probably be fun and fair

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidori1337 View Post
    Why?
    If they wanna play as a party, they shouldn't need to wait for 10+ mins.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Why?
    Why should they be forced to split? They are legitimately in a party together, they aren't solo queueing. If you think splitting is the answer, you are basically saying they should be forced to play against each other.

Even if they did split, if they are the only 3 grandmasters trying to play at the moment it will still be 2v1 grandmasters with randoms in the free spaces. Regardless, they should be able to play together with their friends in a party same as anyone else.

New Member Cupidhead Shidori1337's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Why should they be forced to split? They are legitimately in a party together, they aren't solo queueing. If you think splitting is the answer, you are basically saying they should be forced to play against each other.

Even if they did split, if they are the only 3 grandmasters trying to play at the moment it will still be 2v1 grandmasters with randoms in the free spaces. Regardless, they should be able to play together with their friends in a party same as anyone else.
    guess that there are more than just 6 players and do the math... if they split and the algorithm would be considering that they not play against and not with eachother... i am not forceing them to spilt they can wait untill a match fits. If they dont want to wait they can split. They have the options while the solo queue does not.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    guess that there are more than just 6 players and do the math... if they split and the algorithm would be considering that they not play against and not with eachother... i am not forceing them to spilt they can wait untill a match fits. If they dont want to wait they can split. They have the options while the solo queue does not.
    They DO wait, but after enough time matchmaking will place them with anyone so they can actually get a game.

Matchmaking is never going to tell anyone, "you are too much better than the other players so you can't play". It lets EVERYONE play, if that means you end up stuck playing against them then so be it.

Besides, if it didn't work that way it would be easier for people to abuse the system by making multiple accounts and fighting themselves. If you've got 2 grand master accounts and there aren't any other grandmasters on it wouldn't be too hard to force matchmaking to let you fight yourself the way you seem to want it.

And since they would be stuck waiting all the time, they'd definitely make smurf accounts just so they could get a game.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead darkjohn333's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This game should die and I would be joyful if it did.

1. Run by a greedy incompetent company

2. Only about 20 of the gods are used by pros.

3. Matchmaking is fucking pathetic

4. More time and effort is spent on skins, and half are just recolors, then is spent on quality.

5. Console players are receiving no service from shit-rez. There is no other moba so they have no competition.

6. Delay patches due to them being buggy yet still come out with numerous bugs.

7. Mixer. Thats all Im gonna say about that.

Overall this game is not growing or dieing but god I hope it dies off. This company does not deserve this game.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjohn333 View Post
    This game should die and I would be joyful if it did.

1. Run by a greedy incompetent company

2. Only about 20 of the gods are used by pros.

3. Matchmaking is fucking pathetic

4. More time and effort is spent on skins, and half are just recolors, then is spent on quality.

5. Console players are receiving no service from shit-rez. There is no other moba so they have no competition.

6. Delay patches due to them being buggy yet still come out with numerous bugs.

7. Mixer. Thats all Im gonna say about that.

Overall this game is not growing or dieing but god I hope it dies off. This company does not deserve this game.
    1. Other games have lootchests with every item in the game in them, Smite has has 55 item chests.
    2. Pretty sure that count was at least 50+ last split in SPL.
    3. Right time of the day it isn't. And they are changing conquest matchmaking anyway.
    4. Different people work on those things. Just because art team does one thing, doesn't mean other teams sit around doing nothing.
    5. Shouldn't say anything but I mean, no one takes console moba seriously anyway.
    6. I'm used to having bugs on patch day by now, doesn't bother me.
    7. Mixer works better for me than Twitch ever did. Chats are the same cancer in both. Not sure why it's supposedly worse than Twitch.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    It started allmost instant about 10 sec.
    Well I do admit that is partly a problem.

I say partly because a lot of online games I have tried, the matchmakers are designed where after a set period of time, matchmaker opens up and will mismatch you just to find a match.

But usually that only happens with 2 teams that have both sat in queue for a long time. Here your team was in for 10 seconds so this should not have happened, the opposing team should have been matched with some team that also sat in queue for a while, that is how a lot of other online matchmakers work.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post

I say partly because a lot of online games I have tried, the matchmakers are designed where after a set period of time, matchmaker opens up and will mismatch you just to find a match.

But usually that only happens with 2 teams that have both sat in queue for a long time. Here your team was in for 10 seconds so this should not have happened, the opposing team should have been matched with some team that also sat in queue for a while, that is how a lot of other online matchmakers work.
    Perhaps it would have matched them with someone else who had been waiting awhile, but there might not have been any at that particular instant.(when the grandmasters hit the threshold of having waited too long)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post

There most likely wasn't another party that sat in queue that long, it was ranked joust after all.