Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: cancel zeus buff?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by JXJibbles View Post
    And he went 12-0 and got top damage by a wide margin...
    True but he and his team were doing what I have seen at my ELO and mentioned before.
    When Zeus is protected, he can do well.
    When he is not protected, he is junk like some other gods.
    The only real problem with Zeus compared to some Mages is how he needs so much babysitting. There are other Mages who can do just as well and not need to be watched / protected as he and a few others do.

Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    The Zeus + Odin combo isn't as good without a Cupid ult thrown in.
    Not Cupid, his Ult takes some time to go off. There is a much better Hunter plus a Guardian to go with the Zeus + Odin combo that can be quite devastating then you just need a Jungler, maybe a Solo if the Odin can Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Zeus is always top dmg but half of it is empty damage. And it was Obey vs SK. PrettyPrime could go 12-0 with plenty of mages vs SK.
    I have no idea what 'empty damage' is.

Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    I have no idea what 'empty damage' is.
    For example, enemy who is at half-to-full hp but low mana who is already leaving the teamfight and going to base. You manage to get one or two charges on him and detonate. You do decent dmg to him but he is already out of the fight and was going to base anyway. All it does is enhance your dmg numbers.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post

Not Cupid, his Ult takes some time to go off. There is a much better Hunter plus a Guardian to go with the Zeus + Odin combo that can be quite devastating then you just need a Jungler, maybe a Solo if the Odin can Jungle.

Cupid ult for the cripple, so the don't simple leap out of Odin's ult...

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Cupid ult for the cripple, so the don't simple leap out of Odin's ult...
    Well a good Odin usually does not cage leapers.

Me, dream team comp with Zeus is:
    Zeus - Mid
    Odin - Solo or Jungle
    Hou Yi - ADC
    Terra - Support
    fill in - whatever Odin is not.

All those combos possible, doubles, triples, even a quad.

Still Zeus is not really getting a buff, lowering Mana on Detonate does not help him. He needs the right allies and babying.

Couple of examples from today.

First a Joust match. Honestly I should have picked a different Mage but I had to try. Also our Neith seemed really obsessed with getting all the buffs for herself. Kept leaving lane for buffs with Tyr or both of them would go back to base together leaving me to defend because every time they left lane was when the opposition was pushing under our tower. I could have gone with them but having played Joust so much, I know when the enemy pushes under tower, you defend it not leave for buffs. Then I had to mute both of them, Tyr for VGS spam and Neith for false accusations. After the match one had the immaturity to claim I was on the opposing team.

Point is Zeus can not always have good games.

Now this Arena match (rare for me to play Arena, only to help with god mastering) Zeus did good, not the best but good because of all the Ults he got on enemies I Ult'd plus his own play.

Proves Zeus needs someone to combo with to do good, he just cannot do it himself. Other Mages have less of this problem except a few like Ah Puch.

The Detonate buff is in no way a real buff for him. Oh, he saves some mana, big whoop, I still would choose other Mages over him. Out of my owned Mages, he has the second worst KDA not counting Ao.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The buff he got was an additional 20 base damage per hit on his ult.... Which is still practically nothing but I'm pretty sure that is what is being complained about(as it is the only thing actually relating to him dealing more damage)

Junior Member Cupidhead BahamutFlare's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Solo, I have a big problem with Zeus. I can tank him and survive. But if I'm damage, I can't get my tanks to go in and pressure because they're afraid of the damage.

If I'm a tank, I can go in, maybe survive, but in solo, I see that a lot of players are passive. Zeus loves passive damage dealers.

In game modes, Arena and Joust. He puts so much pressure on the enemy team though. Conquest, Zeus is easy to deal with a competent mid/jungler.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BahamutFlare View Post
    Solo, I have a big problem with Zeus. I can tank him and survive. But if I'm damage, I can't get my tanks to go in and pressure because they're afraid of the damage.

If I'm a tank, I can go in, maybe survive, but in solo, I see that a lot of players are passive. Zeus loves passive damage dealers.

In game modes, Arena and Joust. He puts so much pressure on the enemy team though. Conquest, Zeus is easy to deal with a competent mid/jungler.
    Haven't been to Forums for a bit but question, when when you are Damage are your tanks built right to include dealing with him?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    why waste Odin on Cupid? eus is shit because you basically need to baby sit him until he's the Smite version of a 40 year old. He dies to any gank, his damage requires commitment and losing hp giving charges, no CC (so he doesn't have the ability to slap on damage while they can't do stuff) and his ult is situational.

Why actually pick him over any other good mage? All he does is damage and he doesn't even have any utility or actual ease of slapping on damage or avoiding it nor the ability to escape. Once his foes can instaclear or near insta-clear he's just so lacking because they don't have to risk getting charges and he can't rotate worth a shit cuz of increased jungle travel time and in many cases he gets intercepted. Top anti-Zeus tip: ward his jungle so you can murder him when he attempts to travel.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 06-21-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    This sounds more like an issue of "I don't know how to deal with something, so don't let it get any balancing except nerfs".

Zeus has the same problem ANY immobile mage has. If you collapse on him, unless he's some GOD-TIER, Faker-level player, he WILL DIE.

And as someone else already said, why would you build GoI on Zeus?

This coming from someone who basically ONLY plays Arena.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu