Thread: My thoughts on what smite matchmaking needs

New Member Cupidhead Finalxslayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

My thoughts on what smite matchmaking needs

[NOTICE: this is my opinion, I am open to criticism but keep it calm and reasonable.]

many people talk about removing clash and siege to expand the population of the major game modes. while yes, the population will increase the overall game population will decrease. And with that come a drop in that sweet sweet skin money Hirez loves so much. So, the best course of action would be on focusing on matchmaking or the picks of all game modes.

Conquest: the easiest way to fix this game modes matchmaking is to allow pre-preference roles. Have a screen pop up when queuing for the game mode or in the profile menu to select preferences. Have the menu force up to 3 roles for preference with 2 of them being optional to opt out on. When the character selection screen appears have the roles automatically appear next to a player’s name and from there players can chose if they want to continue with that or switch out with another.

Arena: This game mode is a bit weird to balance out the matchmaking to reduce toxicity and have fair teams. So, in my opinion just split a separate matchmaking for toxic players or people who afk often. Also add a way to notice when players have been gone for a while players who missed out on 3+ patches probably don’t know what is good in the current meta. So, for returning players add them to a low skill matchmaking server for 2-3 games.
    [These changes could also aid the state of clash and siege]

Joust: I find this one odd because honestly not much can be changed about the ranked version of joust outside of maybe an extra ban for each team. However, for casual I recommend letting one row of players pick at the same time. For instance, both top players blind pick and when the pick is completed on both sides then all players can see the first two picks. Then the same for the second and third. What this does is allow counter picking in higher level of play. This will in turn reduce the frustration of high level joust where you see instant ban characters always being picked and having nothing to fight against them with.

Hirez if you see this please take it into consideration in some way and if anyone thinks something else works better speak up. give your opinion or tweak.

And yes, I know overall matchmaking is an issue the problem is that for developers and programmers, that problem is more complicated. I’m trying to think of simpler solution to reduce frustration. It wont fix all of the matchmaking problems but at least some big ones.
    Last edited by Finalxslayer; 05-28-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Matchmaking has been awful since 2014. Sadly I believe your participation will never be taken seriously by HiRez, nor will it be read.
    Please Bring Domination Back !

New Member Cupidhead Finalxslayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I know, my goal isn’t to get noticed by Hirez directly. but, hope someone with a voice will see this and speak up thinking maybe one of these ideas or part of one is a good idea. I know HiRez has kinda gotten greedy lately but they don’t seem to understand that a lot more people will play the game and return if they fix simple problems. I’m not here to complain about the game but give my ideas to make it better and so should others

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead galvay's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I wonder what's the exact algorythm. My felling is that it takes mainly player level into consideration. but what about actual statistics? someone can be level ~100, have countless stars on one gut, but still suck terribly (there's one terrible ares on arena with many many stars), and i feel such players are being matched with some super good ~100lvl players...