Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2-3 Years and Ao Kuang's Ult Failure Rate is Still A Deal Breaker

New Member Cupidhead PagodaPandite's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

2-3 Years and Ao Kuang's Ult Failure Rate is Still A Deal Breaker

I recently rented Ao and I''m slightly having a blast. I say slightly because ... VVell his passive is dependent of his ult and in my last 5 games, it has failed me in one vvay or another.

Lets skip the explanation and stop pretending vve don't knovv vvhat the problem is.
    My suggestion to improve the experience is to ad a reduced cooldovvn(5s) if you activate it and it doesn't go through due to cc immunity or vvhatever. that vvay you keep your ult, but you can't spam it in that case, giving the victim a chance to item avvay (vs using immunity item an living 2 extra seconds like it vvas going to do anything)
    Last edited by PagodaPandite; 05-30-2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Grammar

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    That would be OP. The whole reason it stops on CC-immunity and Aegis is because it otherwise has no counter.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The only buff I'd consider for his ult is increasing the threshold from 30% to 40%, and that's mostly because i tend to kill my opponent before i get them into the threshold and i want to build my stacks.

New Member Cupidhead Vocaloholic's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Ao Kuang is fine, you can learn how to use him and make him more effective that way, i seen someone carry with him in my match just before.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Only problem I have had with Ao is not due to him, it is when I go to Ult someone then an ally, intentional or not, comes over and kills my target before we go skyward. Ao winds up going airborne with no target and no benefit.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    You need to wait for teammates to bait the aegis or beads.
    If you're not doing that, you aren't playing him wisely.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Today in assault I saw ao ulting my artemis, I was Janus, so I quickly portaled on artemis. Guess what? It broke his ult and he fell into the portal. I think that is bullshit tbh. His ult works better then it used to but in some situations you don't get successful ult cause of bullshit. I think whatever cc immunity he gets when ulting should apply quicker on him that is the only change I think is needed.
    Rocking the boat

New Member Cupidhead PagodaPandite's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I agree vvith most of you, but honest the vvhole ''you aren't playing him right'' argument is old and tired. literally his ult is the only thing that bugs me. Gameplay besides that is just fine.

Sure the items are almost the only sure fire counter against his ult but its the mere fact that there is so much room for error. This man JUST said janus can stop him vvith a portal. Like I get it you knovv? Sure, counter, bam, skills. but his ult goes on cooldovvn the moment you use it and it gets countered. like vvhy isn't there a CD reduction if it gets countered?
    * like maybe if purification beads is used or interrupted by anything, reduce Ao's ult CD to 15 seconds just like Ah Muzen Cab's ult recovery?? *
    Its hard enough vvhen you go to execute someone vvhose got like 2 pixels vvorth of health, and your execution becomes a normal launch because they got healed like 2 hp lmao. Betvveen the amount of reasons vvhy my Ao ult doesn't go through, its too common to NOT get execution.

(I play mainly arena) I often go many games vvhere I only achieve 1 or 2 executions because they'll item my first attempt, the second time I get interrupted by healing or something that cancels my animation, and then by the time I'm trying my third, my abilities are too strong that I end up killing them before executing by accident (because dragons. VVhen I press to execute in the heat of the moment, one of the dragons from my last melee finishes the last of the health. happens ALOT)
    Last edited by PagodaPandite; 05-30-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Elaborated

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PagodaPandite View Post
    by the time I'm trying my third, my abilities are too strong that I end up killing them before executing by accident (because dragons. VVhen I press to execute in the heat of the moment, one of the dragons from my last melee finishes the last of the health. happens ALOT)
    Hence why i said I'd support increasing the execute threshold to 40%.

You can't give him cooldown reduction like that or it'd be overpowered. It needs counters, cooldowns like that would mean it wouldn't be countered by beads/aegis etc, it would make people waste them and still die in a few seconds anyway. Maybe in arena they could run back to their fountain in 15 seconds, but they certainly couldn't in conquest.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JXJibbles's Avatar
    Exploring the third planet of the Arietis system
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Today in assault I saw ao ulting my artemis, I was Janus, so I quickly portaled on artemis. Guess what? It broke his ult and he fell into the portal. I think that is bullshit tbh. His ult works better then it used to but in some situations you don't get successful ult cause of bullshit. I think whatever cc immunity he gets when ulting should apply quicker on him that is the only change I think is needed.
    When I saw the title of this thread, this is what I was thinking about. If Ao's ult gets cancelled by beads or aegis, or the god's own anti-cc, that's fine. But there seem to be a few to many cheesy ways to avoid his ult.