Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [SPOILS] Baron Samedi and Pele concept art leaked in official video

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    What is because of the heels?
    The "Aphro vibe" that guy was talking about.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The "Aphro vibe" that guy was talking about.
    Aphro has red carpet heels, Pele has boots.
    Rip & Tear

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Aphro has red carpet heels, Pele has boots.
    Heels are heels and they're fucking stupid. On a mage, not so much; but on a character who's probably going to be doing fancy knife tricks and shit, they have no place.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Heels are heels and they're fucking stupid. On a mage, not so much; but on a character who's probably going to be doing fancy knife tricks and shit, they have no place.
    Artemis, Athena, Da Ji, Kali, and Nemesis probably would wanna argue.
    Rip & Tear

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Da Ji and Nemesis have this kind of high heel, which, being a bit unnecessary isn't that impractical as the "needle high-heel type". Cause you know, you have more surface to balance yourself on / stand on, opposed to the other type, so you won't trip while slashing up someone. Or at least less likely will:

Athena's would make her trip and break her neck while wearing her heavy armor and charging heatfirst into battle... I also highly doubt anyone in his/her right state of mind would say Kali's backfliping lunge wouldn't be her demise in real life with her impractical heelies...

Artemis is the only one out of the bunch who wears high-heels meanwhile not crippling herself doing so and/or looking stupid doing it. And that's mainly because she is shooting from afar most of the time.

Agile melee characters wearing high heels look stupid. Period.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

Achievements:
    For Daji, it makes sense because she's got this dominatrix vibe going on, and Kali's a goddess of sexuality so you could argue she can pull it off. For the rest, it just doesn't fit (though, to Art's credit, her heels are a little bulkier and less nonsensical; and to Nemesis's, hers blend into the rest of the shoe).

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    They are goddesses. They can wear heels to battlefield and make it work.
    Rip & Tear

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    They are goddesses. They can wear heels to battlefield and make it work.
    Or you know, you could be like a self-respecting human being and have standards so you don't try to whiteknight every shit that is thrown at you for no goddamn reason, like completely stupid character design. You literally defend every single decision Low-Rez makes, no matter what. I mean, it's okay that you like some of their deicisions, but LITERALLY all you do is make up stupid excuses or point fingers in a manner, that just because x has done fucked up Hi-Rez can do to... Yes, they can, but not like 5 000 000 000 times in a quick succession.

Seriously, we get it, if at a restaurant a pile of shit was presented to you with some nice ice cream on top, you'd eat it, cause "at least the topping is good", but for the love of all the damned gods, quit attacking anyone who makes constructive riticism or point out a flaw... Cause you know, constructive critism is made so things GET BETTER.

I know it's a foreign concept to you, but stop accepting things like the way they are no matter what. There is always room for improvement.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    Or you know, you could be like a self-respecting human being and have standards so you don't try to whiteknight every shit that is thrown at you for no goddamn reason, like completely stupid character design. You literally defend every single decision Low-Rez makes, no matter what. I mean, it's okay that you like some of their deicisions, but LITERALLY all you do is make up stupid excuses or point fingers in a manner, that just because x has done fucked up Hi-Rez can do to... Yes, they can, but not like 5 000 000 000 times in a quick succession.

Seriously, we get it, if at a restaurant a pile of shit was presented to you with some nice ice cream on top, you'd eat it, cause "at least the topping is good", but for the love of all the damned gods, quit attacking anyone who makes constructive riticism or point out a flaw... Cause you know, constructive critism is made so things GET BETTER.

I know it's a foreign concept to you, but stop accepting things like the way they are no matter what. There is always room for improvement.
    Cause its only Hi-Rez that gives female characters high heels. And are you seriously arguing about heels because it's not fit for real battle? Then what about Bellonas armor. Achilles' lack of armor, he would die in a real battle. And what about the gods who don't wear shoes, they could get cuts on their feet. Stupid designs. Personally Pele looks cool, I'm not looking her boots in the game anyway so I don't see how the heel matters that much.
    Last edited by Outso187; 05-25-2018 at 06:10 AM.
    Rip & Tear

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post

Amen! It's not just the heels but the overall design that I feel it lacks the Polynesian/Hawaiian flavor. The Hawaiian Ah Puch feels more Polynesian than Pele's design. But who knows, HiRez might tweak her design a bit to be more pantheon specific.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.