Thread: Groovy

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

Groovy

why doesnt groovy aphro have a ghetto voice?? shes got the ghetto look.....

very weak hirez very weak

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    That sounds..... Classist? Ghetto is a class right?(like wealthy, commoner, etc)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    That sounds..... Classist? Ghetto is a class right?(like wealthy, commoner, etc)
    Ghetto is a lot of things. A community, an attitude, a culture, and a place. The OP's statement is far from classist to say the least.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Ghetto is a lot of things. A community, an attitude, a culture, and a place. The OP's statement is far from classist to say the least.
    Class incorporates culture/community(they decide what the different classes are).... As for place, I'm pretty sure there is no place called ghetto(such as new york, france etc). When people call a place ghetto, it is like calling a different place classy (again, a form of class).

I've no idea what a ghetto attitude is supposed to be... Different people have different attitudes regardless of where they are located or are from.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I do agree that Groovy Aphrodite/Afro-Dite needs its own voice pack. The standard voicelines don't seem to match the skin. Although I don't think she needs a ghetto voice. She just needs a new voice pack that reflects the 70s/80s culture.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    You mean she needs to sound black. Or dark-skinned, whatevers the pc way of saying it. But yea, default vp totally doesn't fit her looks on that skin.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Class incorporates culture/community(they decide what the different classes are).... As for place, I'm pretty sure there is no place called ghetto(such as new york, france etc). When people call a place ghetto, it is like calling a different place classy (again, a form of class).

I've no idea what a ghetto attitude is supposed to be... Different people have different attitudes regardless of where they are located or are from.
    Class does not incorporate culture or communities directly, it's a subsidiary of social status. They're not exclusive.
    Everyone of every class caste can have the same culture and everyone of every class caste can have the same community. There is no one actually stopping anyone of any class from rising or lowering themselves as long as they don't mind not being accepted or back in the dark ages, beheaded.

Any place can be called a ghetto regardless of location or culture of said place. It is a label used to describe areas which are economically less well off than the average populace. You may feel it is referring to class but that is just because it is directly referring to economic disparity which is usually tied to social status. However that does not mean there is any classism in stating facts, It's only your responsibility for how words make you feel. Applied on a bigger scale you could say that every third world country in the world is a ghetto in comparison to any first world countries.

Again they're not exclusive you can have a ghetto attitude without actually living in a ghetto, and vice versa. Though if anyone who actually lives in a ghetto sees you behaving like that when you're actually not in one then things could get sticky.

ghet·to
    ˈɡedō/Submit
    noun
    a part of a city, especially a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups.
    verb
    put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 05-17-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    You do realize that the definition practically proves it is about class right....

"put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group." Class

"occupied by a minority group or groups." Class

I still don't get what a ghetto attitude is supposed to be... Completely fail to see how that is a thing. Attitudes are more dependent on emotional factors and culture. Are you trying to say an entire class has the same attitude that sets them apart from others? I thought attitude was more personalized than that.

And why class incorporates community/culture is because it is dependent on community/culture to exist. Class is different depending on the community/culture, therefore in order to take class into account the community/culture must also be taken into account.

If you are trying to say you can have a different culture as others in 'high society', but still move up into 'high society' I'm sure you are aware they they are actually just a part of multiple communities/cultures.

It is true that some cultures may not take economic disparity into account for their class castes(as rare as that would be), however the definition you yourself have shown doesn't show wealth to be the main cause for an area to be labeled a ghetto. Rather it is the segregation, usually about money, that can easily be linked to the class castes of a community.

Besides, op said Aphrodite's Groovy skin has the ghetto look... If they meant she looks like a low grade skin(not much money available for development) why ask for a low grade voice pack to go with... I would have said it sounds racist, but I don't want to assume.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I would have said it sounds racist, but I don't want to assume.
    Nah it was racist lol.
    There's nothing "ghetto" about a 1970's disco-inspired skin. The op literally only described it as being "ghetto" because she's black.