Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbalanque's New Passive: Get An Extra Item In 5 Minutes!

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Xbalanque's New Passive: Get An Extra Item In 5 Minutes!

Let's start saying that I like the change in its core, but I think the numbers are completely overwhelming. It's a good things that he gets stacks from damage and not kills, what made him very conditional and annoying to play. But the current 1 K damage per stack is absolutely nuts. I've been getting all my stacks around the minute 5 pretty easily all the time. It's too low! I like the idea of not getting the passive so, so late or having to depend on the team, but now it's just the opposite, you get it early, early game. 5 minutes and you pretty much have one more item than the enemy. 35 free power that soon is too much. I suggest the damage dealt per stack gets increased, up to 3 K per stack or something like that, or maybe just make it scale up from enemy gods, so you can't get it from minions, what is really easy to do early on.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that he won't find much more success in conquest because his clearing keeps being as bad and that might make them not want to nerf the passive, using that fact as excuse, but it's really nuts. You should make his clearing a little better (not extremely better because we already know where that leads to) and balance the passive.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    It's an extremely good passive against the extremely bad push. Can we balance both properly?

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    No, he is a late game god. If he gets a good clear, he becomes good in late and early.

Achievements:
    That's why I said not extremely better. I'm concerned about the time they buffed his clearing too much and became too good. I talk about some little tweak. Nothing crazy, just a little help. I'm surprised you don't say anything about the new passive, what is actually which makes no sense for an early game god. You're against making his push a little better but have no opinion about a supposed late game god getting 35 free extra damage in 5 min?

Also that's pretty fun because Hachiman is supposely another late game hunter that's actually amazing at any stage of the game and has a pretty good early clearing and pressure as well. Of course that's why he's the current best hunter in the game and I don't intend that Xba or anyone ideally has that position, but the key thing here is that Xba's passive is too good now. As usual, the idea is good but the numbers are crazy. Who in Hi-Rez did think 6 k damage were somehow hard to achieve out from any kind of enemy in this game? It's good that the passive is more consistent to get, but its current state makes no sense. And I'm saying this while being Xba probably my favorite hunter, so it's not precisely like I have nothing against the pick and still think the passive is way easy to get. I don't really know how far will it push him up in the meta, but that's not the way to go. Even broken Achilles is unable to get his 50 bonus power from his passive that soon (what is by the way one of the most broken things about him and Hi-Rez still don't realise). Xba should get that bonus power by the min 15-20 of a game. That required damage per stack shouldn't be so low.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 05-16-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    [QUOTE=NervousCrysis;91789135 free power that soon is too much.[/QUOTE]

It is 30 Power, not 35.
    6 Stacks at 5 Power per Stack.

I do find it much easier to get the Passive now.

Still do not get this early clear problem.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    As said above, it's 30 power. Also, that sounds like a lame item. I would never get an item that only gives 30 power and nothing else. And as you yourself said, he has poor clear. That makes his early game balanced, just dont go boxing him alone. He will farm in peace for most early and get online quite late as he's supposed. His old passive was horrible for such a late game focused god, unless he got lucky, he would get the passive at 30mins or so at best.

Achievements:
    Well it's 30 that was a mistake but anyway, you would not pick an item that only gives 30 power but is completely free? I know his old passive was an annoyance and already said I like the change, but it's not properly balanced. They need to increased the damage per stack. Currently it's too low and you don't get all by the time you're supposed to, but much faster. If you think 30 power makes no difference early...

Achievements:
    It makes a difference if you go 1v1 boxing agaisnt him early. Which you shouldn't do unless you are Ullr with 100% axe accuracy. It makes Xbals clear a tiny bit better but nothing major.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    You don't even get it that quickly.... It isn't really finished until mid game so whats the problem? Bakasura and mercury get bonus permanent power just by leveling up a few abilities that they want anyway and they actually get it early.

When it comes to hunters Izanami gets a bunch of pen from her passive letting her get close true damage early, and she actually has great clear.

Chernobog gets a scaling passive worth a whole lot more than 30 power late game(unless he doesn't build any power but come on even a defensive build is going to have power).

Artemis has her early game crit(though I'll admit it suffers from RNG)

Medusa has one of the best things you can get, movement.

Anhur has that 20 protection shed for an excellent early game. Much better than Xbalanque additional power.(admittedly this falls off)

Honestly i don't get what the big deal is over his 30 power, it really isn't that bad. Honestly if they changed Cupid's passive to buff basic attack damage instead of only the 2 abilities that consume it's damage, even he'd have more out of his passive than Xbalanque(currently Cupid's passive sucks).