Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Supports never reach lvl 20 anymore

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points

Supports never reach lvl 20 anymore

I think there should be something done to the xp system. I dont have any good ideas, but reducing the xp needed for supports.
    Right now in any conquest games, even if ur team is dominating or losing, supports dont get lvl 20 before 35-40min in game.
    No wonder people hate this role.
    If your duo falls behind all you do as a support is crippleing your adc by staying in his lane and at the same time there is little faem to get in the jungle side as enemy duo steals your jungle.
    If you try to go mid you are crippleing your mid and jungler cause splitting gold and xp on 3 people is really really bad.

Supports are pretty weak right now, cause there is so much farm elshewere than in duo. Because of this mid, jungler and solo will be so much ahead, that you do less than before, in fights and ganks.
    Forexample, Junglers are always tons of lvls over your duo making the support jobb really hard as most junglers can 1v2 you withouth the help of their duo.
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 05-15-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    In a pub that is sure to happen.

In a group, you can mitigate it more by farming lanes that have had people back or have had people get ganked. It is better than losing that gold and XP to tower, and can get you a level or two advantage. It CAN be made up, it is just super hard.

Part of the issue is how do you implement "support"? You can't just say "guardians get more xp" because quite a few work in solo lane. You can't make it an item, because it would be kind of nutty in other modes - perhaps a conquest only item? That could work.

Maybe change support blessing so that in conquest it gives you an extra bit of XP per assist?

Or how about it removes you from XP and gold split equations so people stop hating your presence? Basically, it would make it so that if you are in lane with mid and jungle, they would get the same XP and and gold as if you weren't there. You would still get reduced rewards, but it is better than nothing and MUCH better than crippling your team. It would also let you stay in duo a little longer without hurting your carry since you would not count as a character until you sell the item. I have no idea how this would impact the game so I admit it is a REALLY rough idea, but it just popped in my head.

It would make level 1 play insane since carry would hit 2 well before supports on each team.
    Last edited by RandomToon; 05-15-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    I mean most games are over by 35-40min and supports-typical guardiana are usually under-leveled compared to their team. I think hirez always been bad at controlling the support role. But its better that the supports are overpowered than underlevled and usless. Im thinking about the mentality to play support, as it should be fun, not a punisihment for you beeing the last person to call or at the bottom in the ranked picks.

Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Supports can be few levels down and still contribute well in teamfights. And they usually reach lvl 20 in late unless they farmed poorly.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    And over 40 min is really really late game. I know hirez posted an average time for conquet matches and it was somethingg between 30 I think.
    Most games support wont even reach lvl 20 in other words while most other characters reached lvl 20- over 15 min ago before the game ended

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Being a support has always been suffering. It's just this season they upgraded from brass knuckles to cartoons metal gauntlets with 3 inch spikes to punch your mouth in.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I must ask, you say they never reach max level.....anymore

So how exactly are they leveling up more slowly now than they used to? Personally i haven't really seen much change in this regard, in fact I've actually found leveling to not be that difficult to pull off(of course i have more experience now than previous seasons).

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I must ask, you say they never reach max level.....anymore

So how exactly are they leveling up more slowly now than they used to? Personally i haven't really seen much change in this regard, in fact I've actually found leveling to not be that difficult to pull off(of course i have more experience now than previous seasons).
    They reduced XP from camps, reduced assist XP from lane minions, and increased the penalty for three way+ splits.

Basically, if you are sharing XP, you are going to be worse off than you were in previous seasons. Even if you solo jungle camps, they are worth less now and you suck at it anyway if you build straight support - there is a reason double jungle was a thing early in S5...
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Increased penalty for three way+splits huh, that must be it then. The rest is all well and good, but i can see how an increased split penalty would hurt a support who is strictly supporting.

I'm used to my adc being trash and hardly ever sticking around to clear their own waves and therefore get quite a bit of xp(not gonna just let tower take it). If you are constantly roaming trying to help others though(and thereby missing out on a majority of waves) i can definitely see the penalty hurting you every time you show up where the action is.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Increased penalty for three way+splits huh, that must be it then. The rest is all well and good, but i can see how an increased split penalty would hurt a support who is strictly supporting.

I'm used to my adc being trash and hardly ever sticking around to clear their own waves and therefore get quite a bit of xp(not gonna just let tower take it). If you are constantly roaming trying to help others though(and thereby missing out on a majority of waves) i can definitely see the penalty hurting you every time you show up where the action is.
    I tried a new strat and that is to farm jungle camps more than staying in lane. Played support the last 5 matches in ranked and its deffinetly better than leaching your adcs wave. And it doesnt really hurt the jungler cause they are usally busy at the solo side most games.