Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cherno looks bad

Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,127
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    When was the last time we got something completely new?

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Khepri...... Rest in peace hug bug.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    When was the last time we got something completely new?
    I had a whole thing about this just now, but I will put in god concepts instead.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    There are some new concepts that really stands out, like Khepri Ult, Kalrd with Skadi as a pet, Fafnir(kinda but Hel did exsis allready)
    What I miss is not necessary something new, but that they put more into their abilites.
    I mean look at cama and daji forexample. They look so dull, cama got 2 line abilites that have no interesting visual design to them and his ult is just him beeing cc imune, no horse or any other effects. Daji does only have her ult which is not impressive looking at all.
    Take Sylvanus, his 1 becomes a flower, I mean it could be just a aoe circle on the ground, but they put some extra effort into making that little extra detail.

Chenrobog actually got a lot of these extra details in his kit, but I think most people wanted something actually new for once.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    For waiting so much, Chernobog is a big, BIG letdown. Reused animations on him (seriously, his model and movements is Dark Whisperer AMC, even his wings flop exactly the same), boring af kit that is not even new in any way and a vp that makes me question if they ever heard about any other kind of evil outside of "muahahahah, I'm evil" type.

I get it, his aa is supposed to look effortless, but to me the lack of sound and just any non-robotic movement in it just puts me off so hard, I can't even see if I actually attack or what.They could have done this efforless feeling in much better ways that would have felt unique, but nah, that would have required actually making new animations.
    The kit is all over the place. bonus dmg for hitting someone 3 times, then he has a Nu Wa combo, A nox dash just now with walls instead of gods and a reverse Athena ult which is not even fitting for a hunter. Like, really hi-rez? This is the best you could come up with with that much time? The kit doesn1t even seem to synergize welll outside of his poor man's Nu Wa combo.

You know, I'm a fool for still having expectations for this game. Waiting 10 weeks for new god that they even hyped up to the max only to get this? A generic demon (seriously, outside of his symbol, can anyone even tell he's Slavic?) with generic boring kit and reused animations from a 4-year old model. If this is the best you guys can do, then please hire someone who actually can come up with other stuff as well and not just reuse old kits and call it new.
    This so much!

I bought him + voice pack only to not get it as filler in chests, but already regret doing so because now I will be getting him in Assault... He is so bad I don't even want him for free. Animations, kit, everything about him feels cheap.
    Last edited by S1itz; 05-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    "new" doesn't have to be just skills. There really is only so much you can do with skills/abilities before you are obviously running up against existing ideas, but really, you should at least find creative ways to make it play different than what you had used before. Thats why you're supposed to have a game designer that understands mechanics and how people might use them, so that they can better predict what might be fun for a player to interact with. They barely even tried... but that alone doesn't make it boring. It certainly doesn't help.

"new" ALSO includes graphical effects, animations, sounds, and shit like that. His ult simply looks weak as fuck, no fancy effects, no pound when he lands, no circle, no impact, no strength in the hit, no feedback... its looks and sounds lame. Its not just his abilities, but all of the bells and whistles (or lack of them) that contributes to a boring character design.

Good visual effects can make simple mechanics/characters "new" again. EA makes their fortunes off of the exact same games over and over by giving those games new visuals. Just look at their investments in motion capture if you want to see where their thinking is at.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    "new" doesn't have to be just skills. There really is only so much you can do with skills/abilities before you are obviously running up against existing ideas, but really, you should at least find creative ways to make it play different than what you had used before. Thats why you're supposed to have a game designer that understands mechanics and how people might use them, so that they can better predict what might be fun for a player to interact with. They barely even tried... but that alone doesn't make it boring. It certainly doesn't help.

"new" ALSO includes graphical effects, animations, sounds, and shit like that. His ult simply looks weak as fuck, no fancy effects, no pound when he lands, no circle, no impact, no strength in the hit, no feedback... its looks and sounds lame. Its not just his abilities, but all of the bells and whistles (or lack of them) that contributes to a boring character design.

Good visual effects can make simple mechanics/characters "new" again. EA makes their fortunes off of the exact same games over and over by giving those games new visuals. Just look at their investments in motion capture if you want to see where their thinking is at.
    Regarding his ult...I was playing a near dead Arachne and this shadow appears and I am like "OH NOES!!!" so I panic ult. This ult saves me, but in the sky I happen to look over and see this Chernobog flight at where I just was at top speed. Let me tell you...that was a pretty terrifying sight. It is a rare to see effect, but it was pretty good.

Otherwise though I agree, there should be some cool super hero landing effect when he gets there or something.
    Remember The Manticore

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 3,610
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Same could be said about Rama (extremely boring kit) and he is played a lot.
    Rama wasn't delayed for 10 weeks, they hyped him up heavily and all we got was a boring one-trick combo with an AA-steroid + bloated ult. For how much they wanted to praise him and hype him up to be the ambassador for a huge event/new pantheon, they dropped the ball hard.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't get it, he's a hunter.... What exactly did you want him to be? A mage or assassin? What were you expecting?

Personally i think his kit is great, he's got a root, a 5s steroid with a 3s downtime, double dash, and a global ult that basically teleports him to an enemy and gives him excellent chasing/ganking potential.

While it probably wont ever be common, you can transport him, athena, and nox to an enemy with his ult all at the same time regardless of the enemy's location.(as long as nox is next to you before you ult)

Senior Member Prestigious Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,127
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Rama wasn't delayed for 10 weeks, they hyped him up heavily and all we got was a boring one-trick combo with an AA-steroid + bloated ult. For how much they wanted to praise him and hype him up to be the ambassador for a huge event/new pantheon, they dropped the ball hard.
    I'm fine with the 10 weeks period, I still can't play perfectly against every single god in the game and now theres one more. The "normal" schedule doesn't give enough time to learn everything about the god before next one arrives. Also, he is a hunter, they are literally one-trick ponies, that trick being basic attacks.

And last new things we've gotten have been Kaldr, Khepri ult, Jing passive and...can't even remember anything else. Everything can be traced to something else. For example Skadi 3 is just intoxicate (it literally is categorized as that) but instead of wobbling around you slide. Susano 2 is just Nem 2 but instead of slow, its a pull.