Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thanatos Ultimate change (addition)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead doomsday99515's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class

Thanatos Ultimate change (addition)

Im a Thanatos main, and don't get me wrong I love his kit. However I was thinking of an additional to his kit that would make him more complex, viable and interesting to play.

When you ult and go up in the air Thanatos doesn't do anything except fly around and has an ability to dunk down execute someone or stun and do his combo on someone.

With my change idea, while in the air Thanatos will have an option to throw his scythe down at someone (if it's not on cooldown). The targeter will be a smaller radios circle within his ultimate targeter. It will fly faster since ur throwing down, but otherwise act the same way as your 1. You will still have the option to dunk down without throwing ur 1 just like it is right now. Also since now u have to shot ur scythe from the air, it would be good if the ultimate duration is increased to 7 sec (instead of 5 I think)

Throwing ur 1 while in the air will be a hard skill shoot cuz the targeter is small(at least that's what I think) but it will give Thanatos more options of attack, making him more complex. For example: if ur target is not in execute range, but u thrown ur 1 from the air and it puts the target in range then u can dank down after and execute. Or if ur target is low hp and is under tower u can just throw ur scythe down, kill them and fly away. This will illuminate dying after diving tower.

Hope u like my idea, give me feedback on what u think.
    Last edited by doomsday99515; 05-13-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Achievements:
    Here's an image to help you visualize the target-er of the scythe during his ult
    The pink circle is the target-er for the scythe it moves along with the ultimate target-er
    The snipes would be awsome
    Last edited by doomsday99515; 05-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,771
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yeah...no. The ability is already strong enough as it is; there's no need to rework it.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Also i wanted to address the fact that his movement speed during his ult always stays the same. Its not effected by his 2, movement speed items, or sprint. Idk if its a glitch, but that's just stupid and should be changed. I buy movement speed items for a reason, so i can travel faster and this ultimate restriction just ignores all movement speed steroids.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,771
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsday99515 View Post
    Also i wanted to address the fact that his movement speed during his ult always stays the same. Its not effected by his 2, movement speed items, or sprint. Idk if its a glitch, but that's just stupid and should be changed. I buy movement speed items for a reason, so i can travel faster and this ultimate restriction just ignores all movement speed steroids.
    Again, it's a very strong ability that grants a lot of mobility. It doesn't need more MS affixed to it based on itemization; that would make it insane.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    I like the idea, but you'd need to nerf him somewhere else.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

New Member Cupidhead ThyDivinity's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    You want way too much for an ability that doesn't need anything more

Achievements:
    His ult is strong, but very situational. In most cases u will die after ulting someone cuz u have no dash to escape and the enemy team will collapse on you. Any type of CC basically means death he's very squishy, an example would be Ymir freeze. Yeah beads is a counter but its on a minute something cool down while Ymir has his ability every 10 sec or so. Than ult is only viable when the target is alone, low health or in execute range, which doesn't happen that often. Also it can be countered by any jump, aiges, the healing relics etc. With my change idea thanatos will be able to attack his targets without placing himself in immediate danger. His movement speed during ult is not that crazy, my targets can out run me. Movement speed steroids should apply to his ult, since they apply to other gods ults (ex. fenrir, guan yu...etc). The conquest map is huge, with the presence of global ults like Athena and chernobog, i don't see whats so bad if thanatos can fly a bit faster and longer.
    Last edited by doomsday99515; 05-13-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsday99515 View Post
    His ult is strong, but very situational. In most cases u will die after ulting someone cuz u have no dash to escape and the enemy team will collapse on you. Any type of CC basically means death he's very squishy, an example would be Ymir freeze. Yeah beads is a counter but its on a minute something cool down while Ymir has his ability every 10 sec or so. Than ult is only viable when the target is alone, low health or in execute range, which doesn't happen that often. Also it can be countered by any jump, aiges, the healing relics etc. With my change idea thanatos will be able to attack his targets without placing himself in immediate danger. His movement speed during ult is not that crazy, my targets can out run me. Movement speed steroids should apply to his ult, since they apply to other gods ults (ex. fenrir, guan yu...etc). The conquest map is huge, with the presence of global ults like Athena and chernobog, i don't see whats so bad if thanatos can fly a bit faster and longer.
    That's why you use it wisely and don't dive into 1v5 (like many Thanas do).

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Cool ability. No increased duration, nerf Scent Of Death in flat pen end game and it'll even out.