Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thanatos Ultimate change (addition)

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsday99515 View Post
    Im a Thanatos main
    /tenfuckinletters
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead doomsday99515's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    /tenfuckinletters
    ??? Huh, it's more then ten letters. At least I'm not a Loki main. I enjoy many other gods and have a couple rank X, it's just Thanatos is my favorite.
    Instead how bout you give some feedback on the idea I posted in this thread
    Last edited by doomsday99515; 05-13-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    ??? Huh, it's more then ten letters. At least I'm not a Loki main. I enjoy many other gods with rank 10's it's just Thanatos is my favorite.
    Instead how bout you give some feedback on the idea I posted in this thread
    Okay.

The change is absolutely retarded. Thanatos is a character who is more than viable in multiple roles in this current meta and needs nothing to aid him. His strengths and weaknesses are clearly outlined and adding cute little gimmicks to him would make him more annoying than anything and lead to his eventual nerf.

As for what I said, I was poking fun at how you expected such a dumb change, posted it on the forums, and started the post off with "Im a Thanatos main." What /tenfuckinletters means is I'm trying to bypass the minimum 10 character requirement to post, or I'd just have said /thread to imply that the thread itself is invalidated by the original poster's extremely clear confession of bias that explains the reasoning behind such a dumb idea.

There's your feedback, buddy.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    That change is so shit that i cant even comprehend
    Why would you change an ability that needs nothing anymore, only to make Thana a legit ult bot lategame? if you buff his ult like that, they would have to nerf it elsewhere.
    And thana is already hanging on a thread in balance
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Achievements:
    I guess I'm biased towards than since he's my most played god. I don't think it's a dumb change since it would add complexity and variety to his simple kit. Also in the previous replies some people liked the idea. Idk how than performs competitively since I don't follow meta that much. I know the idea is not perfect but it would be a cool change
    Thanks for your feedback everyone, do u have other ideas for his kit
    Last edited by doomsday99515; 05-13-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Achievements:
    I guess I'm biased towards than since his my most played god. I don't think it's a dumb change since it would add complexity and variety to his simple kit. Also in the previous replies some people liked the idea. Idk how than performs competitively since I don't follow meta that much. I know the idea is not perfect but it would be a cool change
    Thanks for your feedback everyone, do u have other ideas for his kit
    It literally has only one use. The way you say the change would work, the only difference is being able to use the scythe before you land or afterwards. Since using it beforehand would make it easier to bring a target into execute range, they would need to reduce his execute threshold. Thus starting a string of nerfs and buffs and other balance issues due to this disruption of Thanatos' already delicate balance.

This is only a neat gimmick that does more harm to the god than good.

Achievements:
    I do agree with the fact that if they do this change, it will result in many other nerfs and balances that could screw up the kit. With this logic why can't Thor throw his hammer down at people. After playing Thanatos a lot I just feel like he's lacking something idk what tho. I do still believe that movement steroids(items, his 2, sprint) should effect his speed during ult. Even if u end up with 1000 movement speed, cuz he's the god of death and need to get to his targets fast(maybe I'm fanboying a bit)

Achievements:
    I do agree with the fact that if they do this change, it will result in many other nerfs and balances that could screw up the kit. With this logic why can't Thor throw his hammer down at people. After playing Thanatos a lot I just feel like he's lacking something idk what tho. I do still believe that movement steroids(items, his 2, sprint) should effect his speed during ult. Even if u end up with 1000 movement speed, cuz he's the god of death and need to get to his targets fast(maybe I'm fanboying a bit)
    Movement speed items do affect his ult, they always have. The problem is movement speed is softcapped at 754, which his ult brings him dangerously close to (716) without any movement speed enhancements. With, he always caps at 754.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Carbon124's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I disagree with the change because adding something just for the sake of adding variety is not a good way to rework any god.

I do think removing the movement penalty on his 3 would be a nice QOL buff and play into the whole "can't outrun death" theme though.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Movement speed items do affect his ult, they always have. The problem is movement speed is softcapped at 754, which his ult brings him dangerously close to (716) without any movement speed enhancements. With, he always caps at 754.
    Ohh I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know. I was always capping at 754 so I assumed it's not effected by items...etc. Then they should remove this movement speed cap ,cuz it plays in the theme of can't outrun death. Also if I build on than all movement speed items, pop sprint and move towards a god in execute range my speed goes over 800( and shield of regrowth) only for a couple of sec tho
    (I've tested this in jungle practice.)
    I don't think removing the speed penalty from his 3 would do much, but could still be useful. I'm always down for than buff (I know I'm biased)