Thread: The Problem with Voting

New Member Cupidhead Abyssus321's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

The Problem with Voting

So dudes and dudines,what the heck is going on with voting right now.Matches are opened for voting on an extremely short notice making it almost impossible for a good portion of the playerbase to bet on who will win,robbing them of an oppotunity to get some additional FP.For example Dignitas v. Rival starts in two hours,yet it still reads TBD v. TBD ingame.

If the Matchup is already known why not open it for voting in a matter that gives everyone a fair opportunity to place their vote ?
    It is extremely frustrating if you are just not able to devote all your time to Smite and therefore are missing halft of the matches because the machtes are opened for voting on such short notice.

New Member Cupidhead Abyssus321's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Well,turned out that Scottybot is spewing out some wrong information,which is even worse than already knowing the matchups.Why put everything on such a tight schedule ?

Junior Member Cupidhead druide42's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Same here cant bet, or cant play and bet or looking matches at the same time.
    The window for the bet is too short...

New Member Cupidhead Gothedrill's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    It is getting really annoying. I've been logging in everyday usually a few times and it never aeems to be working.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Anactoria's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The voting is one of the most (if not THE most) attractive feature of the ticket. If you don't have time to play 25 games a day it's one of the best way to earn points to get some content out of the season. I'm sure I don't speak only for myself when I say it's literally the main reason I buy the tickets so I find it rather outrageous not to be able to vote. It would require me to be connected all day long to not miss any which I don't have the time for !!!

Exemple : I missed the vote on Spacestation-Nocturns because it was not up on thursday when I disconnected, but connected to late on friday.
    Because yes, I try to connect at least once a day, which most people can't understandably do, life and all.
    On friday Spacestation-eUnited was not up, even though it was scheduled FOR THAT VERY DAY ! Missed it, again, the same way as the previous.
    And THERE WE GO AGAIN TODAY ! How is only one match up ?! Are you just improvising on that tournament ?! I don't think so.

Reflecting on the matter, it kind of feels like it's by design. If you don't get many votes, you can't ean that many points, so, if you want all the content, which now requires an exorbitant level of farm to get[*], you will have to draw out your wallet. I most certainly won't but Smite is known to have quite many whale that will most certainly do.

[Note*] Feel free to compare Season Ticket 2015 (that run an ENTIRE year) and Season TicketS (split in seasons) 2018 or even Odyssey 2015 and Odyssey 2018 : the thresholds between rewards as grown exponentially, but even the quality in reward as decreased (number of skins vs low grade reward like cutsychest)

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    These voting issues seems to be one of those constants that never really goes away and keeps reoccurring...