Thread: I need to ask..

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Question I need to ask..

Am I doing something wrong to have the daylights annoyed out of me by extreme CC even when using things like 40% CCR, spirit robe and its extremely unnoticeable 15% mitigation, and stone of Gaia (if pop-ups are too prevalent) and the like when playing someone like serqet, bellona, or just a general guardian?

I've ended up playing initiator for friends in ranked matches and the amount of cc that some gods have, especially paired together feels like severe overkill especially when all it takes is one root/stun to get beat out when the items that give immunity have such long cooldowns and beads are even longer than them or I have to get items to help allies over being more selfish.

Even moreso if say someone picks Artio (who generally skips through because Odin, khumba, bacchus, aphro, and medusa are higher priories for obvious reasons) and the duration of her cripple screws you over or hou yi/neith and their constant stuns, roots and/or slows that screw with you even worse and last even with ccr.

Also, is there a reason why i feel like i can't take hits even with >=200 protect against someone who hasn't even built pen or qin sai and has no shred in their kit?
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Dmg Depends on level difference as well. Prots dont help as much if you are 3-4 levels under. Also you need prots and health to survive focus from 3+ gods. Just prots only work for 2 God focus.

Apart from that learn how, when and where to take engagements. Its your job as initiator to figure that out by trial and error. Worst case scenario pick up mages blessing only fight when its up, dump your kit to setup then juke till you are safe.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Mages blessing doesn't have a cooldown....

CC can't be reduced below 0.5s so if you are being hit by multiple CC then you aren't going to notice much of a difference with CCR as 0.5s is already long enough for hard CC to get you killed.

That 15% damage mitigation is less noticeable the more defense you have. If you are already reducing damage 50%(100 defense after pen) then the 15% mitigation is only reducing damage 7.5%. Basically however much damage is reduced from defense, mitigations are reduced the same amount(otherwise they'd be OP).

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Oh you know what, he probably meant Magi's Blessing. It blocks 1 hard CC or root.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    your team has to move up and save you when you get pinned down, even if you're the tank.

There are things you can do to increase your odds, but you are being chain cc'd by a team. That means a team is required to stop it. If they engage right behind you then they are getting enemies that just blew all of their abilities on you, which means they are reloading, which means they are going to run or die if your team is right behind you. If they run then you probably survive.

and sometimes the correct answer is to not engage at all, sometimes you have to wait. Diving into an alpha strike is not... usually... a good engage. You aren't tanking NPCs; you need to tank with your head not your stats. heh

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Oh you know what, he probably meant Magi's Blessing. It blocks 1 hard CC or root.
    For that exact reason, it was changed to Magis Cloak. To prevent confusion.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    In theory you're only supposed to be tanky enough for 3 people to waste abilities on you and then you die. Your job is to manage who is getting hit how much you're getting hit and what hits you want to take. Your team in turn is supposed to essentially kill the enemy with all their cool downs having been wasted on you. You can get better practice at this in arena but in conquest as the guardian you'll always be like 2 levels under the team usually unless you're solo.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Dmg Depends on level difference as well. Prots dont help as much if you are 3-4 levels under. Also you need prots and health to survive focus from 3+ gods. Just prots only work for 2 God focus.

Apart from that learn how, when and where to take engagements. Its your job as initiator to figure that out by trial and error. Worst case scenario pick up mages blessing only fight when its up, dump your kit to setup then juke till you are safe.
    That's the thing is this happens on even level or being under leveled, sometimes I acknowledge that I have to engage in order to buy time for either my friends to get back in the game, buy time for an objective so they don't get rooted out, or if its to wait out a lockdown.

But I feel like I haven't been able to find a single moment that it's fine to pick up magi's cause most of the teams I end up going against with them are extremely cc heavy so it'll block one and then I'm hit with 3 more as soon as it wears off + the multitude during the 70s cooldown to block just 1, maybe 2 more in an extremely short period.
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Mages blessing doesn't have a cooldown....

CC can't be reduced below 0.5s so if you are being hit by multiple CC then you aren't going to notice much of a difference with CCR as 0.5s is already long enough for hard CC to get you killed.

That 15% damage mitigation is less noticeable the more defense you have. If you are already reducing damage 50%(100 defense after pen) then the 15% mitigation is only reducing damage 7.5%. Basically however much damage is reduced from defense, mitigations are reduced the same amount(otherwise they'd be OP).
    So say spirit robe, shifter shield (under 50%), mantle/MoD, and urchin's cloak barely means anything for the 15% from being hard cc'ed since I'm still getting chunked off for a good 10-sometimes 30% of my health if not 40% from all 3 hitting me during the cc alone, discounting if they use all their ults on me which is extremely common for me to experience for them?

for Zav: I generally stay away from conquest partially because I don't have the time for games that potentially run longer than 50 minutes (I literally sat in a conquest early on in console for damn near 2 hours, it was a pain in the ass), and because the jungler usually is pretty terrible so I can't hold my lane due to the other team's jungler pushing me out or extremely random interference from elsewhere (i played solo with a different batch of friends recently and the other team's Athena ulted into my lane along with the jungler).

But I don't see much difference in the long run between dying in 3s from hard cc and dying in 2s from hard cc, I feel like I can't tank hits for anything as a warrior or guard to the point I've accepted that I'll end up finishing with a deep negative KDA at the end of the day (deep meaning 0-5 and double digit deaths sometimes nearing 20 because of how consistently I get cc'ed out of the game, usually involving a cripple so dashing or leaping isn't an option if my ult isn't up), and this is admitting that I'll box out 3 people sometimes during the same match sometimes.
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.