Thread: Never expected to desalt someone

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vdrift's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Smile Never expected to desalt someone

SO! About a recent game I had...

Well, for starters, on Monday and Tuesday, I had a very long losing streak in my opinion (Can't strangely recall if I at least won something. If I did, I might have forgotten). But yesterday, since it is 2:30 am on my side, I played once more and the losing streak ended it seems. But What I didn't expect is that at one point, it seems the team I had ended up putting someone slightly salty, especially with what could be a new player who was using Achilles. As rule states, can't mention players, but he seems to be new. So I wanted to play Smite how I normally do. Just do my best, you know. But it seems we worked a bit too hard for that victory as we were able to get the titan. But this isn't where it starts.

It seems at first the two guardians disagreed on something and I had no idea at all what to do or say aside from the usual "Good Game". As I see them discuss, first thing I ask is if something serious happen on their side. They seem to just have ran into slight disagreement until they both believe the game could have run a bit more evenly match. While also not understanding why their Achilles build a pure attack speed item. I was confused too. But I told them, it could have been worse. He did make an attempt and could be new who needed suggestion and guidance. But if the Achilles player did ignore suggestion or such (assuming they did or even let them suggest him something), I told them "That's on him them". And slowly, they seem to desalt while we stayed at the results for a good 15 minutes talking about how some people in console though they can play Smite like a CoD or Fortnite when those game are not really always are team based and some people manage to carry team by going 1v4 and killing all four fast.

Soon, as time passed by, the guardian players seem to have felt much better and even happier for the chat and slight discussion we had. :Happytreebig: Kind of makes me wonder if you guys ever had a moment to sit down with a random player you encounter (Be it ally or enemy team) or a friend that seems to be needed a slight desalt by enjoying a simple chat or another method. Maybe you guys took someone random to a different clan and they felt like they enjoy matches like they never had back then? Or maybe you gave pointers to a salty new player who didn't know how to fight a Zeus and that made his day as he was able to defeat a Zeus with your advice or something.

I'm kind of curious because when you think about it, it is always satisfying to help someone calm down and remove or allow them to let out all of their salt.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I often desalt situations but sometimes i add fuel to the fire. Depends on my mood and The situation. If troll is obvious or if someone just had a shitty game. These days i only seem to report players calling for reports. Ive had many friendly banters i can easily go there cause i dont take the game so seriously anymore, its just for fun so i never loose temper over it

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I often desalt situations but sometimes i add fuel to the fire. Depends on my mood and The situation. If troll is obvious or if someone just had a shitty game. These days i only seem to report players calling for reports. Ive had many friendly banters i can easily go there cause i dont take the game so seriously anymore, its just for fun so i never loose temper over it
    Do you even report people who ask everyone to report the player who went afk at the beginning, disconnected and never came back? Sometimes I'll ask that those players be reported as they obviously left the game and literally anyone can see it... It is a legitimate reportable offense but a lot of people don't actually report, and nothing will change if the player does it all the time but no one ever reports.

On the other hand if we report but they don't do it all the time, they'd still be fine. So you really should report those instances.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Do you even report people who ask everyone to report the player who went afk at the beginning, disconnected and never came back? Sometimes I'll ask that those players be reported as they obviously left the game and literally anyone can see it... It is a legitimate reportable offense but a lot of people don't actually report, and nothing will change if the player does it all the time but no one ever reports.

On the other hand if we report but they don't do it all the time, they'd still be fine. So you really should report those instances.
    I mean, you got to be careful as sometimes some people have issues with the server and it ain't their wifi. For example, my hercules'game. I was confident to try that whole Shield of Regrowth thing with him. The game never gave me the option to reconnect. Not even after closing the game. And the game was still going on too. I didn't get the option to reconnect until 10 minutes passed by. And I got deserter for nothing. I just take it I suppose though.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdrift View Post
    I mean, you got to be careful as sometimes some people have issues with the server and it ain't their wifi. For example, my hercules'game. I was confident to try that whole Shield of Regrowth thing with him. The game never gave me the option to reconnect. Not even after closing the game. And the game was still going on too. I didn't get the option to reconnect until 10 minutes passed by. And I got deserter for nothing. I just take it I suppose though.
    Like i said though, if they don't do it often it won't matter if they get reported. Nothing will happen to them anyway.

The only way something might happen is if they do it often, and people actually report them when it happens.

Achievements:
    Like i said though, if they don't do it often it won't matter if they get reported. Nothing will happen to them anyway.

The only way something might happen is if they do it often, and people actually report them when it happens.
    I see. At least for me, whenever I left, it tends to be some loading bug anyways.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Ok I'm gonna expand a bit. If troll is obvious ofc I report but in general I think its for the trolls team to decide to report. If troll wasn't obvious from my point of view and there was an argument I can't really know who the most toxic guy was and I seen people gather on a player who played bad before to report them and I don't like that, people are allowed to have bad games. Thing is I don't see a lot of troll players anymore, more often I see people in my team who harass a bad player on my team and then they call unwarranted reports for that person, then I report them instead that is why I usually report players calling for reports more then anything else, not that I do that indiscriminately.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-12-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Ok I'm gonna expand a bit. If troll is obvious ofc I report but in general I think its for the trolls team to decide to report. If troll wasn't obvious from my point of view and there was an argument I can't really know who the most toxic guy was and I seen people gather on a player who played bad before to report them and I don't like that, people are allowed to have bad games. Thing is I don't see a lot of troll players anymore, more often I see people in my team who harass a bad player on my team and then they call unwarranted reports for that person, then I report them instead that is why I usually report players calling for reports more then anything else, not that I do that indiscriminately.
    Yeah i never listen to the people who tell everyone to report a specific player just because they didn't think they were good enough. I also wont report people for 'harassment' when asked to, i wasn't harassed.

I will report the afk players though, or the obvious troll Ymirs. It can be hard to tell if an Ymir is trolling or just bad, but when they are extremely trolling it gets obvious...