Thread: Aphro

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Aphro

At one time Aphrodite was a pretty good support. You could do a few good saves. Then the nerfs came. One after another. While other gods could heal everyone at once, Aphrodite had to heal one at a time. Then you nerf the hell out of her "KIss" you know, that thing that you have to have in order to heal. Then you have to wait for heal to come up then you can throw a heal. Hey by then everyone on your team is dead. Good team fight! How about oh I don't know ease up on the nerfs so Aphrodite can be viable again? Or do you just love HAVING TO PLAY THE SAME GODS EVERY TIME IN ORDER TO HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING? How about ... oh having other gods actually usable and changing things up a bit?

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    This was actually a massive buff, and healing rod was just buffed in both healing passive and power? Healers just aren't meta atm, as they aren't super useful. They decreased the cooldown from 3 seconds from hitting an ally to 1 second. Read your facts you giblet.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    They literally just changed her kiss so that good aphro (note: good) can help turn a fight by being able to distinguish "this person needs a knockback" and "this person needs a heal, and possibly ult" "wait no THIS person needs the ult".

It's like you didn't even read the patch notes, dude.

If they reduce the cd of her heal, they're going to need to reduce the potency. That's a hella strong heal, not to mention it auto hits her kiss target. Most other healers have to aim (somewhat).

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Aphro would be extremely OP if she could heal more than one at a time.
    Rip & Tear

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Aphro would be extremely OP if she could heal more than one at a time.
    If they adjusted her kiss so that her own healing applies to whoever she's kissed instead of just love birds, then a Hel healing Aphro would also heal her kissed target.

In that situation game modes where an entire team can play as Aphro they could form a chain of kisses so when any use their heal they all heal.

But yeah in general best not to make Aphro heal multiple targets.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Uh, she's actually been buffed over time.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead Robotease's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Aphro's sustain has always been super high, even if you're high tailing away from the enemy. Her ability to keep her buddies alive is still strong, and now it's gonna get better.

« shut up »

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Healers just aren't meta atm, as they aren't super useful.
    Actually they can be.

Ra is a popular enough Midlaner even in Pros, there were Ra bans this Spring season against certain players known to use him well. Not only does he bring the healing, Ra snipes over walls so they do not see it coming and his 1.

Aphro, tell Team Rival and EU that recently this season showed Aphro Solo does well when with the right team and you do not have to deal with certain things like Odin cages. She was even used Solo in the LAN Finals and got first banned at least once over other meta gods. During the season Pro streams, Rival used her on winning teams and caused enemy teams to in the next match ban Aphro, Ra, Hel and Chang'e over every other meta ban choice. I hear Solo is all about sustain, well healing gods bring that plus Warriors Blessing, certain protection items offering cooldown reduction plus MP5 then build 2-3 damage items similar to what Rival did.

Rival Aphro has made me rethink Hel, I do not have Aphro but do have Hel. Ra I am not sure if he could be done the same way but who knows, I do not have Chang'e either.

Aphro Solo, don't ignore it until you learn and try it.