Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why there's no new Players coming to Smite?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Jinsoyan's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Why there's no new Players coming to Smite?

First of all, you need to do something about "Smurfing" today I queued with my friend who is Level 19 in Conquest to teach him some basics about Mid laning, I am level 58.

Once we got into match I saw what it truly looks like for new players, The reason why new players just simply try out Smite for few days and never come back again or leave is because there is just SO MUCH smurf accounts, My friend played Nox as Mid laner against another Nox, they both were new players (I think Enemy nox wasn't all that new) I mean she didn't have accolyte border avatar or anything meaning she is below level 30! And she palyed Nox like Pro, she didn't miss one 2+1 Combo on my Nox and my teammates who were also new probably, by the way they palyed It suggested they were new, Anyways New players that get rekt by Smurf think game is unbalanced, It's not that It's jsut smurf are older players with higher main account and much more knowledge on gods they play and know tips and tricks while new players don't! It's just so frustrating, This Odin had 11/2 with Build like some of the Pro's would build, He claimed he was new, but he literally rekt my entire team! Kept rekting them and spamming VEL! It seemed like he was happy about it, Please do something about Smurfing, Limit one account per IP or something, Literally all level 1-30 are someones smurfs.
    No wonder new players leave the game, when let's say for an isntance in Arena full ally team of Newbies, who really came to the game for the first time and then there's daji, mercury or idk smurf on enemy team keep rekting and all they get is streaks of defeat! You can't have Literally new player 1 day old on Smite play against Player that has secretly another main account Level 142 to play with newbies, It's just so unfair...I truly don't know if there's any actual new players, seems like they're ALL smurfs
    Last edited by Jinsoyan; 05-08-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Jinsoyan's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    This....this, my boys and girls is example of Lowbie Matchmaking? See, New players getting rekt by Smurfs and disconnect...

That's what happened
    They all left 10 minutes in the game left me solo, and i ened up dying 6 times because It was 1v5, I never would believe that I'm going to experience 1v5, Never happened before...This si the first time I ever had 1v5 and it was so damn "fun"
    Last edited by Jinsoyan; 05-08-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    When both i and my brother(same ip btw) first started playing we were both wrecking our opponents as well. I personally sat down and looked at every god's abilities and every item before starting my first game. I don't know what my brother did, he usually asks me for help making item builds.

I know some people will watch videos pf other people playing and learn all the techniques for jungling and stuff before playing their first game.

Then there are people like my sister and her ex who keep walking into enemy towers and grabbing minion wave aggro and just constantly die even in co-op vs ai games.

Not necessarily smurfs, some people literally just start off better than others. Same with the high levels people assume arr trolls, some people literally just never get better. It is sad, but true.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Agreed, Smurfing is an issue. You actually have a relevant point here.

I have not been able to find a way to stop it...it is too easy to make a free account, and it is WAY worse on console because the god pack transfers to smurfs so you don't even have god restrictions.

I have a smurf. I have only ever played basic attack Ymir with him - because it is hilarious. I lose more often than I win, because I only play him when I got a 2 hour deserter for disconnecting in a ranked game and the team immediately surrendering before I could log back in.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    What do you mean the god pack transfers over to smurfs?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    What do you mean the god pack transfers over to smurfs?
    On console, if you own the god pack, and you make a smurf account, your smurf has the god pack too. Your main account still has it, but the smurf does too. No extra cost.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    On console, if you own the god pack, and you make a smurf account, your smurf has the god pack too. Your main account still has it, but the smurf does too. No extra cost.
    So you are saying as long as 1 account on the ps4 has the god pack, all accounts on that system benefit from it? It shouldn't be doing that....

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    So you are saying as long as 1 account on the ps4 has the god pack, all accounts on that system benefit from it? It shouldn't be doing that....
    On Xbox I can confirm that is the case. I am 90% sure it works like that on PS4.

The reason is, in order to increase sales of DLC (because they pushed so hard for individual profiles...) they allow all DLC that is not "single use" (like gem and skin codes) to be shared across everyone who is logged into that system.

If I have a friend log in to my Xbox he gets the god pack.
    Conversely if that same friend logs in to my system, but I don't own the god pack, he doesn't have it either - even if he owns it on his other Xbox.
    Remember The Manticore

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    I don't think so. I have a smurf account (it's for my nieces and nephews so they won't have to use my account) and none of the stuff I bought from my main account is shared with the smurf account. Only the games but not the god packs. Ps4
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    I don't think so. I have a smurf account (it's for my nieces and nephews so they won't have to use my account) and none of the stuff I bought from my main account is shared with the smurf account. Only the games but not the god packs. Ps4
    I guess it is Xbox only in that case.
    Remember The Manticore