Thread: Smite and Hi-Rez: Stretching Themselves Too Thin

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points

Smite and Hi-Rez: Stretching Themselves Too Thin

As the game has grown, Hi-Rez has added and removed things from the game. But as of late I feel that they are pushing too far.

With the upcoming addition of the Polynesian Pantheon, this now makes it that there are 3 new Pantheons added into the game within 2-3 years of each other. The Japanese and Celtic Pantheons don't exactly have a large roster of Gods.

And then there is still the fact that some other Pantheons that have been in the game far longer still show low roster counts. The Mayan and Hindu suffer as well. Now I am fully aware that Hi-Rez has to be careful concerning any additions to the Hindu Pantheon, since they do get flak for those Gods being in the game from the Hindu Religious community.

I don't really understand why they need to try and flush out the Pantheon list like this when they still are constantly adding Gods from current Pantheons. Honestly they need to stop adding in any other Pantheons until they can sort out what they already have.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Cupidhead Robotease's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I agree! Was just discussing this topic the other day actually. There are current pantheons with pages of gods, there are pantheons that are lucky if they fill an entire page.

I remember reading an article a while ago about how Smite devs were unafraid of adding new gods, regardless of the potential flak, and I thought that was awesome! Truly got me into this game: I love interpretations of popular gods you learn about in school or hear about in current times.

But then they come out with entire pantheons of unknowns instead of bringing in more better-known gods. Sigh.

« shut up »

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I didn't really mind the additions of the Shinto and Celtic Pantheons as there was some difference in culture compared to what was already in the game.

This allowed for some unique new gods to be added in. Sure the Mayan and Hindu were still suffering a bit when those were added in but for the most part we knew why and accepted it.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack