Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] How the Divine Uprising event works

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I mean, right now I am pretty fine with event, because I don't really desire Final Bellona Limited skin, I like it how you can Buy slavic or any upcoming pantheon chest for 300 gems or lower with coupons and still get whatever you want, I tried on PTS and it let's you choose 1 out of 3 items for only 300 gems. I don't know, I think in my opinion event is good at the moment after they fixed their mess, no more rng chests, fine by me! You can get Exclusive skins for only 150 gems with discount coupons, tho I feel pain for someone who wants Bellona skin, you'd have to buy all released items.
    There's no war we have not won!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Well, the new replacement skins are now known. Scylla, Ah Puch, and Bastet.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've been away from smite for a while. I thought T5s were odyssey exclusive? So does that mean this year we will see two T5's? One for divine uprising and then another for odyssey?

Also, exactly how many gems is it to get the bellona T5 for the cheapest price, assuming I do all quests that help alleviate the costs similar to how the odyssey quests worked. There's been so many updates and changes to this event it's just a mess.

Thanks.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    If you min/max the event entirely between all the discounts, coupons, gem quests, and collections, the event in entirety is 6750 gems.

The Odyysey is still happening, but no Summer of Smite. This is the first time there has been a T5 outside of one tho.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Ugh...I really wanted that bellona skin as like the first T5 one that interested me post Archon Thanatos....I don't have the funds to shell out 7k gems, let alone not wanting to put up with rng as its usually piss poor to me... Damn it..
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxkid_8 View Post
    Ugh...I really wanted that bellona skin as like the first T5 one that interested me post Archon Thanatos....I don't have the funds to shell out 7k gems, let alone not wanting to put up with rng as its usually piss poor to me... Damn it..
    If you are going for Bellona T5, there is no rng.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    If you min/max the event entirely between all the discounts, coupons, gem quests, and collections, the event in entirety is 6750 gems.

The Odyysey is still happening, but no Summer of Smite. This is the first time there has been a T5 outside of one tho.
    Ahhh okay, I see. Thanks for the information. 6750 is a bit too much for me. Think I will skip it and wait for Odyysey.

Junior Member Cupidhead Cthulru's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I've gotta say, this event feels a little like extortion.

I've spent a fair chunk of change on gems over the last few years, and while I'm not sure if I quantify as a "whale," I do currently have about 40 un-rolled chests sitting in my 'rewards' heap. Several of those are cutesy and awesome chests that I am physically unable to roll, because there are no items left in them for me (something that annoys me greatly), and the rest are down to the point where I am pretty much guaranteed a booster instead of anything substantial.

The sheer volume of items that are being paraded out for this event is impressive, but holding a highly desirable T5 skin hostage behind a 6,750 gem paywall is bonkers. It's not even like Odyssey, where players can opt out of purchases by grinding quests instead; we have to buy everything offered up in order to receive the 'free' bonus skin. Why even put on the pageantry of using a chest roll mechanic? To 'complete' the event, a player would need to empty out each of the chests entirely anyway.

27 chest rolls are required to unlock the T5 skin. Twenty-frakking-seven. By Cthulhu's ever-squirming beard, that's an insane amount for a single event.

I am really on the fence with this one. I love Bellona, and that skin looks pretty darn keen, but cripes it's expensive! I can absolutely afford to go all-in on this surprise mid-season mega-Odyssey, but I don't feel like I should support the decisions being made behind it. When Hand of the Gods launched, I didn't care for it, and refused to purchase the bundle that included the Enyo skin on sheer principle. It didn't feel right to put down money for a game that I had no intention to play, just so that I could claim a unique skin for one of my favorite characters. This scenario is functionally quite different, but the moral quandary is similar; I shouldn't support what I view as poor business practices with my cash, no matter how glittering the prize may be. I think I may have to draw the line here and opt out of this event entirely, as well.

After all, I'm still waiting for some of my previously-purchased content to 'fill in' so that I can claim it, and I'm still grinding my way through the latest adventure mode that my OCD required me to shell out for. :S

After digging through the forums a bit, I can tell that I am far from alone in this sentiment, and that Hi-Rez is aware of this general discontentment. That said, allow me to offer some suggestions to alter the event in a way that might seem less alienating to players:

•Give event chest rolls as a reward for completing event mission trees. This will soften the cost burden for the players, as well as possibly entice some who wouldn't normally participate in a pay-to-roll loot structure.

•Let event missions unlock required 'points' toward the T5 skin (as Odyssey has done in the past). This will allow players to feel like they aren't required to purchase every single item (many of which will seem like 'filler' to different players, no matter what is offered, based on a wide variety of reasons).

•Reduce the number of items being included in this event. By, like, half. a 12-or-13 item collection bonus unlock is something that the average paying player can wrap their heads around. 27 is just too dang high!

•Reduce the number of necessary rolls required to earn the unlocks. 9 isn't TOO out-of-control for a single event's bonus unlock, but when you multiply that by three, it is simply overwhelming.

•Consider previous events with collection bonuses. For the most part, they were 4-6 items, usually with some sort of quest or gimmick attached that either reduced the total number of gems that were needed to complete the event, or added extra 'bonus' items for playing. If players feel like they're earning something, they'll be more inclined to 'share' the cost of a larger purchase.

•If releasing a T5 skin for less than the 6,750 gems that it requires to ultimately purchase it is unacceptable, fine. Box it up, and save it for the next Odyssey. Let the pantheon collection bonuses be the endcap of their own respective events (though the 9 chest roll requisite still seems rather excessive for those unlocks).

I like smite. I enjoy the cosmetic content that gets released for it. I don't mind spending actual cash monies to support the game and unlock all the ridiculous, beautiful, epic, or just plain weird material that it contains. But come on, guys, this is just plain nuts.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulru View Post
    I've gotta say, this event feels a little like extortion.
    After digging through the forums a bit, I can tell that I am far from alone in this sentiment, and that Hi-Rez is aware of this general discontentment.
    I have all the skins (and other crap) they released since 2016. At the moment I have 41 unopened Awesome, Enigma, and Odyssey chests (thanks to those mixer codes) which I can't/won't open until new contents to these chests are added.

The Revised Divine Uprising event is now a very good deal for those who are willing to partake in this event. I, on the other hand have decide to skip this regardless of how enticing the skins and the cost. This event has left a bad taste in my mouth that I am, for the first time ever, skipping an event. I'll wait for these skins to be in those previously mentioned chests so I won't have to spend a single money on this. All the skins and bundles in this event are exclusives anyways, so I'll get a chance to get them later on. I just hope that my wallet would speak loud enough for HiRez to really take notice and get a wake up call with this kind of "extortion" as you put it.

In the meantime, I'll just wait for the next Odyssey and hopefully it's way better than this event or the previous Odyssey.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    I heard a suggestion that skins should be direct purchasable but cost 500 gems. That would bring the total cost of the event to 10 050 gems (now it's around 7k gems), even if the fillers would be 200 gems and you'd get the -50% coupon from first purchase. And events like these are always aimed towars people who buy more than one-two skins. With that 500 gem pricing it would be extremely costly to those people, "whales" if you like. Yes, I might be one of them and no, I dont wanna spend 100€ to the event. So yes, it might be slightly "unfair" to poor people but you aren't the main focus when its about money.