Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] How the Divine Uprising event works

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyW View Post
    Thor getting another skin?
    Yes he is getting another skin - Violet Lord. I wonder if it matches Aphrodite's Violet Sorceress.
    Aphrodite
    Unapologetically Beautiful.
    The rest are just envious b*tches and wannabes.
    And yes, my heels are higher than your standards.

Achievements:
    When I go to Apple to buy an iPhone, I get an iPhone - the one I wanted to buy. They don't conduct an RNG business tactic there. That's a big difference. With this new business model that HiRez is trying to implement for their event, they have applied an RNG that most likely will happen with future releases like Summer of Smite and Odyssey. This will make players lose control of what the want to get and HiRez will have the upper hand in this. They could potentially lower the chances of players getting what they want thus making them spend more.

I find this to be in bad taste. I don't know if boycotting will make an impact but I want them to know how I feel and the only good way to do that is by letting my wallet speak.
    Aphrodite

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,162
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Another update...

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I keep thinking this is like an Odyssey event but then I remember that it's all in chests.

I have spent an awful lot on a game before and despite just how valuable the shit in its loot boxes was, it wasn't those that I spent a lot on. It was always direct purchase skins.

Senior Member Chosen TristynTrine's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    So wait, you have to pay 750 gems for a filler bundle potentially.. This is honestly still ridiculous, they're selling Tier 3 skins for 750 gems. That's the price of a fucking reduced bundle. This gambling bullshit shouldn't exist in the first place. Maybe if they weren't such greedy scum then maybe they wouldn't need to "make up funds" from shitty gambling events instead of having events still like SoS where you spent 400-600 gems per item and buy what you want. I honestly think the game is dying, my queues have increased steadily for a while now and they are trying to milk the game for all it's worth. I used to have like 30 seconds arena queues, now it's up to 3-4 minutes, sometimes even longer during peak.

This event should never even have existed and they fact that he has the gall to think we're as gullible to fall for his "event updates" is laughable. Both of these updates have made it so that the way to go with the event is still to buy chests if you want even 2 items from the event...

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TristynTrine View Post
    So wait, you have to pay 750 gems for a filler bundle potentially.. This is honestly still ridiculous, they're selling Tier 3 skins for 750 gems. That's the price of a fucking reduced bundle. This gambling bullshit shouldn't exist in the first place. Maybe if they weren't such greedy scum then maybe they wouldn't need to "make up funds" from shitty gambling events instead of having events still like SoS where you spent 400-600 gems per item and buy what you want. I honestly think the game is dying, my queues have increased steadily for a while now and they are trying to milk the game for all it's worth. I used to have like 30 seconds arena queues, now it's up to 3-4 minutes, sometimes even longer during peak.

This event should never even have existed and they fact that he has the gall to think we're as gullible to fall for his "event updates" is laughable. Both of these updates have made it so that the way to go with the event is still to buy chests if you want even 2 items from the event...
    We know they want to make money off the event, honestly there is nothing wrong with that. If the event never happened, then the skins never happen. Are you saying you'd rather them not make the skins in the first place? Nobody is forcing you to buy them....

If you'd rather they remove all the chests and make it so you can buy all the pantheon stuff directly for 750 gems instead, with the bonus skins for buying everything, they could probably do that. Personally i don't mind buying the chests and making it cheaper instead. I mean think about it, as far as marketing is concerned we either have chests to help earn revenue or the rates go up. Either way you are going to have expensive skins. At least with the chests people trying to get everything can get it cheaper.

Honestly if you really want to have an argument against them trying to make some money off of chests, you'd might as well ask them to place a subscription requirement on the game... Then you can go ahead and ask all the skins be free, shoot maybe you can even talk them into having a subscription fee to temporarily (as long as you pay the subscription) grant access to all skins. Even the limited ones(since technically you aren't permanently unlocking then).

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by TristynTrine View Post
    I wouldn't call it "gall" so much as "a perfectly reasonable willingness to assume based on the fact that the community as a whole has displayed nothing but a complete inability to successfully oppose shitty business practices."
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,162
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    There's a direct purchase option added, so it's a you-get-what-you-buy for which the people have some measure of choice now. But that choice is a price issue, dependent on perceived value versus cost. It can be appreciated at least.

Meanwhile, the chest system is a predatory and dishonest practice. It is exactly that, because it plays on human psychology. HiRez certainly tried to force that.

Achievements:
    I have already seen people change their views regarding this new form of business practice and will delightfully participate in the event. It's so sad to see some don't have the conviction to stand their ground and say enough is enough.
    Aphrodite

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    So to get the T5 warrior you have to buy everything else... Including ONE alternative warrior skin in the event. I want so little from this event I might just take the gems and run.

Hands down the worst event since the original odyssey. Meanwhile after asking for about 7000 gems (apparently a bargain) to the OCD masses they'll throw us more adventures at 900 a pop too haha. I shouldn't laugh - those players encourage this and fund enough money in that Hirez can ignore anyone not happy about it.

How did it ever get so bad? I thought we universally HATED the chest system? How have we in 2018 got an event based on that very system? So few of the old Hirez guard remain likely the reasoning.