Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] How the Divine Uprising event works

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru

[Official] How the Divine Uprising event works

I'm making these [Official] threads whenever HiRez does not communicate official information to the SMITE forums (which is a lot), so...

First announcement

It’s a pretty straight forward system, although something new for us.

There are 3 Pantheons.

Each pantheon will have 9 total items in the event (total of 27 items in the entire event over 9 patches and 3 pantheon chests)

3 items will release each patch.

On the first patch inside a pantheon (and only the first patch), users will get a 50% coupon after they make the first roll in that pantheon (so one of the 9 rolls in that pantheon is 50% off).

MSRP per roll is 400 gems, but it will be 300 gems while that pantheon is active. So if you buy when the patches come out, it is 300 a roll. More if you wait.

In the first patch of a pantheon, each roll will be a random roll of the 3 items then available. In the second patch, it will be a “Pick one of 2” roll (ie, presented with two of the items you don’t own and you pick which one you want). In the third patch, it will be a “Pick one of 3” roll. With this system, if you only want one thing it should be pretty easy to get (much easier than a normal chest).

Roll all 9 items in a single pantheon chest and get a bonus skin.

Roll all 3 pantheons fully (27 items) and get the Tier 5 Bellona.

During the event you have ability to get free gems from quests as well.

Edited price per roll during initial cycle from 350 to 300

Originally posted by HiRezStew

Second announcement

I talked to the design team and we have made these modifications to the Divine Uprising event.

• Price per roll in the event will be 300 gems.
    • You continue to get the 50% off coupon after the first roll in a pantheon set.
    • You will now be able to earn 100 gems per patch cycle through quests (300 gems per pantheon cycle, and 900 gems through the course of the event).
    • Each roll will now give a choice from 3 of the items in the pantheon set, from the beginning of the event. Remember that, in the first patch, there will only be 3 items, so the first patch is effectively direct purchase under this system.
    • With the coupon, that means you can get both skins in the first patch of each pantheon cycle for 450 gems -- and be guaranteed to get the skins, not filler content, assuming that is what you choose.
    • With the free gems, even free-to-play players can earn 1 item for free in each pantheon set, 3 items through the course of the event. And, with the coupon, you could get a second roll in each set for 150 gems.
    • So people really wanting to min-max on the low end of the event could get 6 items for 450 gems through the course of the event (or 3 completely for free). With the Pick from 3 system, odds are that most of these would be skins.
    • Math wise, each pantheon set will be 2700 gems if you buy at the early bird price -- but you can reduce that cost an additional 300 gems through the free gems and 150 gems through the coupon.
    • That means an effective price of 2,250 gems for each pantheon set if you take full advantage of the quests and free gems. For that price, you get 10 total items, including the bonus T4 skin with each pantheon set.
    • If you took full advantage of the free gems, early bird pricing and coupons for all three pantheon sets, then for 6,750 gems you get all three sets plus the T5 skin (31 total items -- an average of 217 gems per item).

I know there is rarely a situation in which everyone will be happy. But I think this is at the end of the day a very strong value compared to most things in the game and hopefully a fun and great event for all types of players -- and a great way to celebrate bringing three new pantheons to the game over the summer. And it keeps us from making this event from being exactly like the Odyssey or the Ragnorak/Birthday events, which we honestly thought would just get stale.

• Totally free to play players can earn 3 items totally for free by completing all the quests and spending their gems on the event.
    • Cash strapped players can get 6 items for basically 450 gems (if they get the free gems from the event and then use the 50% off coupon in each pantheon set for the second roll in the set)
    • With a pick-from-3 chest system, and a min of 3 items and a max of 9 items in a pantheon set (depending on which patch you purchase in), there's a very good chance you will get what you are looking for reasonably quickly if you are looking for only one thing.
    • It is a decent amount of money to buy through the whole event, but there's a lot of content in the event, some of it we believe is very special (and, yes, it's quite expensive for us to make).

Thanks for all your input and your support of SMITE. We really do appreciate it and really do want everyone to see that.

Third announcement

TL;DR -- If you really want to buy a non-bonus skin in the event for a direct price, there will be a way to do that, although, you will pay more.

As many of you are aware, yesterday I outlined an updated Divine Uprising event structure here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...rising/#/three

I've been reading your feedback on the event, as well as other online commentary (youtube videos, etc).

• While there will always be a part of the crowd that wishes prices were lower, from what I see, the event seems to feel like a fair value for most people that are inclined to participate fully in the event (i.e., buy everything in a pantheon set, or even buy all 3 pantheons fully to get the T5 skin). As outlined yesterday, it's possible to get the T5 skin, plus 30 other items for 6750 gems, which is a lot of money, of course, but also a lot of stuff for that money.
    • The event also seems like a quite good value for totally free-to-play players, who can earn 900 gems through the course of the event, to use as they please, and then additional items at a large discount through the coupons.
    • However, I understand that some other people have a (valid) complaint around how the event is for those people that basically don't want to participate in the event structure, but would like to get one or maybe two skins from the set of skins that are released as part of the event in a direct fashion, without having to spend money inside of the event structure (where they may get additional content that they don't care about). Some set of people seem to feel like they may have to overpay for that one skin they really want, or just don't like the idea of randomness at all (even if the randomness allows the price per item to be lower).

I understand and have sympathy to this perspective.

With this in mind, I am working with the team to make one additional change to the event structure.

• The overall Divine Uprising event will be structured as outlined before, including the reduced price of 300 gems per roll, the 50% off coupon after the first purchase in a set for the next roll, and the quests that offer 100 gems per patch cycle during the event (900 gems overall).
    • However, the SKINS in each pantheon set (except for the bonus skins, of course) will be available for a direct purchase price of 750 gems through the normal skin store, for those players that prefer to bypass the roll system and just directly get the skin they want for a known price.

This event, like most "bulk purchase" discount systems -- is, of course, designed to give the best value for those people that participate fully in the event.

But we do want to be mindful of those that are unable or unwilling to do so, and prefer just to get one or two particular skins for those gods they really love. 750 gems is obviously more than our historic direct purchase price -- but it's fairly in line with what equivalent skins can cost in many other popular games, and also reasonably fair given the free gems and other benefits coming in the event, the amazing deal you get on the first two skins in each pantheon set, and what we need to receive from the skins in order to make them more economically justifiable on our end.

Obviously, people that want to purchase several skins in the event will most likely quickly find that they will be better off participating in the event normally versus going the separate direct purchase route. But I do agree that some direct purchase angle is a reasonable thing for people to ask for (even if it costs more as you don't get the "bulk discount" benefit).

Our goal with these types of event is to have a very fun event that:

• Allows everyone to participate in some way, including totally free-to-play users
    • Gives a way for people to get a lot of content at a nice price
    • Rewards those players that pay in fully with very special content
    • Keeps the game world alive and feeling fresh

I think when you go through this event overall:

• It gives one of the best experiences we've ever had in one of these types of events for the totally free player
    • If you participate fully in the event, it gives a price per skin very comparable to most of our other major events (including the Summer of SMITE, Ragnorak, etc) -- especially given the inclusion of a Tier 5.
    • For the fully "direct price" crowd, there will be a path to get the skins you want directly (although I know some people will be disappointed in the price of that). I would keep in mind that, because of the Pick from 3 nature of the rolls, the first patch in each cycle (i.e., 1/3 of the event) will be fully directly purchasable at the reduced event price. (In fact with the coupon, you can get the first 2 skins in each pantheon set for just 450 gems). [For this reason, the direct prices through the separate skin store will be made available in the second patch of each pantheon set (so people don't make a poor choice in Patch 1)].
    • There's an honest argument that the Odyssey is a better deal than this event. Depending on how you choose to look at it, that's probably just true. The Odyssey has always been our biggest/baddest/best value event of the year. That should be true this year as well. This event is not meant to replace the Odyssey but be a great new thing we do in addition to the Odyssey. Note that we currently expect this year's Odyssey to work very similar to last year's Odyssey.

I do appreciate all of your feedback. I know some people like to say we are some sort of evil megacorporation full of idiots trying to screw over our customers. But that's just not true, and I really think our history over the past 6 years supporting this game shows that. It is true that we like to experiment with a lot of different approaches for a lot of different things -- sometimes we will have unintentional misses and your feedback helps keep us in line. We appreciate it, and love the passion that people have for the game that can inspire those strong emotions. I hope these changes make everyone feel better about the event. We are always working to do the best we can.

Fourth announcement

I met with the team this morning. We wanted to sex up this event more. So we re-arranged our calendar in order to improve it further.

• BIG FINAL CHANGE: The second patch in each pantheon set will now have 3 SKINS and no filler bundle, instead of 2 skins plus a Filler Bundle. This means each pantheon set will now have 7 skins plus 2 filler bundles, instead of 6 skins and 3 filler bundles. The whole event will now have 21 skins, 6 filler bundles plus the 3 pantheon bonus skins and the Tier 5 — a total of 25 skins in total, plus a significant amount of additional non-skin content.

This adds to these previously communicated changes:

• Each roll is 300 gems (previously 350). Price goes up to 400 gems after a pantheon cycle closes.
    • 100 Free Gems obtainable per patch through quests (previously 50). Total of 900 gems through the event.
    • Keep the coupon (50% off the second roll in a pantheon set)
    • Every roll in every patch is PICK FROM 3 (now with only 2 filler bundles per pantheon set, this means you will always have a skin as a choice as long as you have at least 3 items left to roll). If you don’t care about the bonus skins or the filler content, you can always choose a skin on your rolls (and just stop rolling before only the filler content is left).
    • Direct purchase option available for non-bonus skins through normal skin store (750 gems).

That increases the # of skins in the event to 25 (21 from Pantheon Sets + 3 Bonus + 1 T5). For people that fully participate in the event and take maximum advantage of coupons and free gems -- that brings the cost down to 270 gems per skin (6750 gems divided by 25 skins). That puts the value at a really strong competitive position versus most events in our history (especially given the extra T5 in the event).

In order to add these skins to the event, we had to remove 3 new treasure chests we had expected to implement in future upcoming patches (so you can get these skins through this event versus separate chests, a big savings to those inclined to buy through everything or really wanting these specific skins).

This will most likely be a significant negative short-term financial hit for the company versus our previous plans. But we are definitely sensitive to our players concerns, and it’s important to us that we make this event something the fans feel really great about. We want this to be a fun celebration of adding 3 new pantheons to the game, and something everyone can participate in to some level while feeling very good about it (even free to play players).

Content
    Here's a table for convenience:

Slavic Voodoo Polynesian
    Fat Loki Cabraken

Northern Ranger Hachiman

Slavic Bundle 1
    • Slavic Fountain Skin
    • Slavic Loading Frame
    • Slavic Music Theme
    Evil Spirits Bacchus

Plague Lord Hades

Voodoo Bundle 1
    • Voodoo Loading Frame
    • Voodoo Global Emote
    • Voodoo Recall Skin
    Molten He Bo

Mystic Guardian Athena

Polynesian Bundle 1
    • Polynesian Loading Frame
    • Polynesian Music Theme
    • Polynesian Avatar
    Dragon's Light Sobek

Soothsayer The Morrigan

Dragon Queen Scylla
    Baroness Izanami

Cyberfox Da Ji

Shadow Spirit Ah Puch
    Riptide Poseidon

Sunny Chibi Amaterasu

Shadow Claw Bastet
    Polar Vortex Kukulkan

Violet Lord Thor

Slavic Bundle 2
    • Slavic Pedestal
    • Slavic Recall Skin
    • Sobek Announcer Pack
    Hellscape Cernunnos

Nightbane Jing Wei

Voodoo Bundle 2
    • Voodoo Pedestal
    • Voodoo Death Mark
    • Voodoo Announcer Pack
    Admiral Ao Kuang

Titanium Tracker Xbalanque

Polynesian Bundle 2
    • Polynesian Loading Screen
    • Polynesian Pedestal
    • Polynesian Recall Skin
    Galactic Void Chernobog Half-Life Baron Samedi Heatsink Pele
    Divine Dragon Bellona

For further information, see https://www.smitegame.com/divine-uprising

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I guess I'm not getting that Bellona skin then

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't like this event, If I want that Morrigan Soothsayer skin, I can't purchase it directly jsut like in Summer of Smite 2017...? Well that sucks what if I don't want Slavic theme or announcer or Sobek skin for that matter, what if I want to unlock only Morrigna, well chests found their way even into the events! Chestpidemia
    I guess I'll need 1,200 Gems to get Morrigan new skin if I'm not lucky and get it on first roll which I doubt, damn! Really don't like this! Wish Morrigan didn't get another skin, I must have this no matter what.
    Last edited by RipleyW; 05-04-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    There's no war we have not won!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,638
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Biggest fucking two-faced scamming cows.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Well my mistake, so first set of stuffs and skins is all rng, second set is pick 1 out of 2, 3rd set is pick 1 out of 3, Glad my Morrigan is in second set, I need only 800 gems D: probably won't get her on first roll
    There's no war we have not won!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    They updated the price.

In regards to whatever this is, I have heard of another straightforward system... It's called click-to-buy. Do you guys still remember that?

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    They updated the price.

In regards to whatever this is, I have heard of another straightforward system... It's called click-to-buy. Do you guys still remember that?
    They already see this is fucked up.

But, direct stuff don't make money, not even in events anymore, Gongsun. Clearly we needed a budget Odyssey without the benefits of an Odyssey and use chest system in it.

Just. Fuck. This. Event.
    Genie of the Forum!

Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    They updated the price.

The what now?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    I don't understand the part where it says something like "Earn free gems by completing daily quests etc blah..." are these quests available to everyone? I didn't see any quest in quest log that rewards gems in PTS

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Not only do you not finish your chests after you have all the advertised items E.G. they either put a whole bunch of crap in it or they made it so you can get boosters despite being 8/9 and not owning a skin but they have the gal to say anything you get from this event is "free"

7.950 gems(99$ tax not included) if you could buy all 9 items only out of each chest but no you have to gamble to get the pantheon items evens and that's at a 300 gem rate with the 50%(150) off the first chest roll. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

Keep dying faster Hi-Rez.