Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 122

Thread: [Official] How the Divine Uprising event works

  1. #51
    Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    311
    5
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    One of the filler bundles will most likely be added to the other 2 filler bundles. That's a good change for those participating in the event. The outcry must've been so bad that they have to make huge, drastic changes to this nightmare of a business model. Meanwhile, I'll just do the quests and run away with the gems without getting anything from this.
    "nightmare of a business model."?

    Most games now operate on a micro-transaction focused level, with some games even having pay-to-win elements. Witness the Star Wars Battlefront 2's loot crate model controversy.

    This business model is bringing in the $, because of whales and casual supporters.

    There is much to dislike about such a business model, especially since paying $ to open a chest or loot crate etc to have a "random" chance of getting an item is no different from gambling. But its here to stay, and as long as the system is not pay-to-win, then that really is as much as one can hope for.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Chosen Zaveana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Destination unknown
    Posts
    1,949
    12
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    "nightmare of a business model."?

    Most games now operate on a micro-transaction focused level, with some games even having pay-to-win elements. Witness the Star Wars Battlefront 2's loot crate model controversy.

    This business model is bringing in the $, because of whales and casual supporters.

    There is much to dislike about such a business model, especially since paying $ to open a chest or loot crate etc to have a "random" chance of getting an item is no different from gambling. But its here to stay, and as long as the system is not pay-to-win, then that really is as much as one can hope for.
    This is exactly what I was hoping for. Too bad they'll never let you buy a t5 skin for $30 worth of gems because then it would set the precedent that they're not worth the 60$ spent getting it for "free" yeha!~

  3. #53
    Senior Member Chosen Skode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,235
    7
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    7
    Credit where credit is due they're really going out to try and fix this. Guaranteed skin per roll using literally 300 free gems per pantheon cycle is a fantastic deal for an event (with coupon to half price a second guaranteed skin if your feeling frisky). I actually think they've gone and salvaged this event for me.

    Sure there's still discussion about overall costs to actually get a T5 which is still near 7k gems using free gems n coupons which is particularly hard to swallow in that we don't get to see it in action to know it lives up to the price will MONTHS from now AFTER we've paid thousands but hey ho. Like I said I'm giving them all due credit on this. I've gone from angry to paccified - everyone is getting a decent deal here from the F2P to the Whales.

    Now to see the 3 replacement skins. There is a desperate need for more warriors ones this event but I'll take the forever announced Zhong Kui skin too.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Honoured hudapak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In front of a mirror
    Posts
    768
    5
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    4
    HiRez trying to fix this "nightmare" before its release really shows the magnitude of the problem. The RNG factor shouldn't have been introduced in this event in the first place. But the changes to how this event works now and how much it' costs have definitely been for the better and made it look very appealing.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    5,159
    18
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    There is much to dislike about such a business model, especially since paying $ to open a chest or loot crate etc to have a "random" chance of getting an item is no different from gambling.
    It is very different. Go to a casino, you get one of two options, you win or you get nothing. Buy a lootbox, you always get something.
    Rip & Tear

  6. #56
    Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    311
    5
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    It is very different. Go to a casino, you get one of two options, you win or you get nothing. Buy a lootbox, you always get something.
    Casino - Odds always favors the house. A person visiting a casino enough times will almost always lose in the long run.

    If one defines gambling as:
    1) play games of chance for money; bet.
    2) take risky action in the hope of a desired result.

    Spending $ on loot crates for a random chance to get a specific item or specific item(s) is risky action. Hence, in my view, getting loot crates is akin to gambling. Even for people who define gambling differently, at the very minimum, loot crates are about as close to gambling as can be, without the actual payout of $.

  7. #57
    Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    311
    5
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    I don't have PTS installed, as my ping will more than likely be unplayable since test server ping is always much worse than the live server ping that one gets, and my ping is already 250-300 ping range on NA live.

    So I just want to check:
    - With Patch 5.8, the first Slavic Chest will have 2 skins and a Cosmetic bundle. Yes? So its a 33% chance?
    - The first roll will be random, and no choice will be given.
    - Hence, if my target is the Fat Loki Cabrakan skin, then I am faced with the following scenarios?
    - Spend 300 gems only and get lucky on the first roll and get Fat Loki
    - Spend [300 + (0.5)(300)]= 450 gems only and get Fat Loki on second roll.
    - Spend [300 + (0.5)(300) + (0.5)(300)]= 600 gems only and get Fat Loki on third roll.

  8. #58
    Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    311
    5
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    HiRez trying to fix this "nightmare" before its release really shows the magnitude of the problem. The RNG factor shouldn't have been introduced in this event in the first place. But the changes to how this event works now and how much it' costs have definitely been for the better and made it look very appealing.
    Its a smart business decision on HiRez's part to give in just a little and get better PR along with the potential of getting more $ in the long run.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The burned parts of the Potato Kingdom
    Posts
    5,159
    18
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    I don't have PTS installed, as my ping will more than likely be unplayable since test server ping is always much worse than the live server ping that one gets, and my ping is already 250-300 ping range on NA live.

    So I just want to check:
    - With Patch 5.8, the first Slavic Chest will have 2 skins and a Cosmetic bundle. Yes? So its a 33% chance?
    - The first roll will be random, and no choice will be given.
    - Hence, if my target is the Fat Loki Cabrakan skin, then I am faced with the following scenarios?
    - Spend 300 gems only and get lucky on the first roll and get Fat Loki
    - Spend [300 + (0.5)(300)]= 450 gems only and get Fat Loki on second roll.
    - Spend [300 + (0.5)(300) + (0.5)(300)]= 600 gems only and get Fat Loki on third roll.
    It's 750 for three rolls, you only get coupon for 2nd purchase.
    Rip & Tear

  10. #60
    Member Worshipper RipleyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    250
    5
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    I don't have PTS installed, as my ping will more than likely be unplayable since test server ping is always much worse than the live server ping that one gets, and my ping is already 250-300 ping range on NA live.

    So I just want to check:
    - With Patch 5.8, the first Slavic Chest will have 2 skins and a Cosmetic bundle. Yes? So its a 33% chance?
    - The first roll will be random, and no choice will be given.
    - Hence, if my target is the Fat Loki Cabrakan skin, then I am faced with the following scenarios?
    - Spend 300 gems only and get lucky on the first roll and get Fat Loki
    - Spend [300 + (0.5)(300)]= 450 gems only and get Fat Loki on second roll.
    - Spend [300 + (0.5)(300) + (0.5)(300)]= 600 gems only and get Fat Loki on third roll.
    Isn't 1st set of 3 items rng, then 2nd set is pick 1 out of 2, and 3rd set of items is pick 1 out of 3? or they changed that?
    There's no war we have not won!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •