Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Official] How the Divine Uprising event works

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    new mechanics that are decently thought out is rarely op, and the fact that he got buffed before he hits ranked show how "balanced" he was. and if thats the only thing you get from the complaints thats just cus you are a whiteknight who does not try to understand it. we all saw that attidute in discord already so do not bother trying to disprove that.
    You bitch, if they change that thing then you find something else to bitch about. There is seriously never a moment when people aren't complaining. And I don't just mean Smite community.
    Rip & Tear

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    The event is literally nothing worse than most other other games are doing
    That doesn't excuse shitty practices. That's like saying Battlefront is justified in its lootbox shenanigans just because lootboxes are common.

new god is finally balanced release yet everyone wants OP gods apparently
    He is not. He's an insane boxer with a really long escape and an assassin ult that doesn't make sense in his kit. For a hunter, he's normal; but that doesn't make him balanced. On top of that, I never mentioned balance, I was referring to his bland, uninspired kit that adds almost nothing to the game.

and what meta problems?
    -Hunters still come online too fast for what they do
    -Tahuti nerfs fucked up the mage standings
    -Some of the new starters are downright insane depending on the god; i.e. Mage's Blessing on Agni
    -Counterbuilding is less effective than ever with the pen buffs

New mechanics are OP 11 times out of 10.
    Not if the developer actually puts some damn thought into them. Even if they're not balanced, better an OP release than a release that adds nothing to the game.

You bitch, if they change that thing then you find something else to bitch about. There is seriously never a moment when people aren't complaining. And I don't just mean Smite community.
    That is no reason not to provide feedback on genuine problems with the game--and believe me, there are many. There's a difference between bitching and trying to call attention to something that should be fixed. I made a feedback thread on the Dauntless forums because Hellion's hitboxes were broken, and the patch notes for the open beta acknowledge this problem and describe much-needed bug fixes for him. Did I do that singlehandedly? I doubt it. Do I take some satisfaction in knowing that a problem I called attention to got addressed and dealt with by the developers? Yeah, I do; and until I have reason to believe Hellion has another problem, I'll stop complaining about him.
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 05-27-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    That doesn't excuse shitty practices. That's like saying Battlefront is justified in its lootbox shenanigans just because lootboxes are common.

He is not. He's an insane boxer with a really long escape and an assassin ult that doesn't make sense in his kit. For a hunter, he's normal; but that doesn't make him balanced. On top of that, I never mentioned balance, I was referring to his bland, uninspired kit that adds almost nothing to the game.

-Hunters still come online too fast for what they do
    -Tahuti nerfs fucked up the mage standings
    -Some of the new starters are downright insane depending on the god; i.e. Mage's Blessing on Agni
    -Counterbuilding is less effective than ever with the pen buffs

Not if the developer actually puts some damn thought into them. Even if they're not balanced, better an OP release than a release that adds nothing to the game.

That is no reason not to provide feedback on genuine problems with the game--and believe me, there are many. There's a difference between bitching and trying to call attention to something that should be fixed. I made a feedback thread on the Dauntless forums because Hellion's hitboxes were broken, and the patch notes for the open beta acknowledge this problem and describe much-needed bug fixes for him. Did I do that singlehandedly? I doubt it. Do I take some satisfaction in knowing that a problem I called attention to got addressed and dealt with by the developers? Yeah, I do; and until I have reason to believe Hellion has another problem, I'll stop complaining about him.
    Battlefront lootboxes were p2w, Smites are not.

And I guarantee, if he had some new mechanics, you would be complaining how OP he is. Also, he is a hunter, you seriously think a hunter will be something mindblowing? Name one. And new mechanics are always OP cause only one character has it. Or then its uselessly underpowered mechanic. Seriously, why does Chernobog need to be meta character? He is okay, most likely not gonne be highly prioritized in meta and I'm fine with that. Just because he's new, doesn't mean he needs to take some other gods place. You got a new god to play and it's not enough. You got a god that is not OP for once and it's not good enough. If you've gotten new release-Bellona level god, you would've complained about that. I have never seen a day when people are fine with things. It's all complaining. I'm supposed to be the negative one, yet I seem to be one of the few that can appreciate what we have instead of wanting more and more and more and more.
    Rip & Tear

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Battlefront lootboxes were p2w, Smites are not.
    That doesn't make lootboxes a good practice.

And I guarantee, if he had some new mechanics, you would be complaining how OP he is.
    Me? No, I'm used to OP hunters. I wouldn't be bitching if Chernobog in particular were above the cut if he added something to the game.

Also, he is a hunter, you seriously think a hunter will be something mindblowing? Name one.
    Just because a group of gods is collectively bland, that doesn't make it OK for more bland additions to their numbers. Skadi and Houyi are the most unique ones, but even they're a little dull in some areas. I'd argue that an uninteresting ADC roster is all the more reason to get a more unique hunter.

And new mechanics are always OP cause only one character has it. Or then its uselessly underpowered mechanic.
    Uh...no, that's not how it works. If it provides a lot of pros, they can be balanced out with other cons. Ah Puch has a unique mechanic, and yet it in and of itself is not OP or broken. He's a bad god because he's too specialized; and this could be fixed if his ult were reworked into either some self-peel or an escape.

Seriously, why does Chernobog need to be meta character?
    Who said he did?

Just because he's new, doesn't mean he needs to take some other gods place.
    Again, what says that he should?

You got a new god to play and it's not enough. You got a god that is not OP for once and it's not good enough.
    No, it's not, because he barely adds anything to the game. This is not a hard concept.

If you've gotten new release-Bellona level god, you would've complained about that.
    Because that's a different issue entirely. Bellona's still a good design because she adds something to the game--effectively, her normal abilities each put her in a different stance that changes how she fights. That's neat. That's unique. That's not innately broken. Why can't we have more of that?

I have never seen a day when people are fine with things. It's all complaining. I'm supposed to be the negative one, yet I seem to be one of the few that can appreciate what we have instead of wanting more and more and more and more.
    What you're doing is settling for something flawed when there is no reason to do so. You're just defending that which is absolutely not fine. It would be one thing if HR was so incredibly committed and passionate about this game that what flaws did exist could be overlooked or expected to change within a reasonable timespan; but that's not the case.

https://youtu.be/nlfsceD3z-E?t=133

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    To put it bluntly, we won't get unique stuff cause hi-rez stopped giving a sh*t. They do things and characters how they want which is what we've getting. I'm fine with that, I'm gonna play the game for as long as its there and when HR decides to focus solely on Paladins, I'll find something else to play.

And Skadi and Hou Yi have one unique thing. Bellona was extremely OP, she was the only character with disarm at first, made her be in every game and made basic attack characters obsolete. Ah Puch might have something unique but the character itself sucks ass, would you like that better for Cherno? Also, he adds a new hunter to the game, which is exactly what you could expect to get with a hunter release. And if you don't want him to be meta character, then he should be fine, you can forget about him or play him on casuals, shouldn't matter since he's still playable. And you are calling him bland when he is one of the most bland class in the game. There will be no unique hunters so why bother complaining about it.

I'm settling with something "flawed" since the other option is to complain about what you have and never be happy about it. Seriously, I'm the negative one, I'm the one who hates everything, yet I'm the one who is happy he has a game that is playable and won't use all the time to bitch instead of playing.
    Rip & Tear

Achievements:
    To put it bluntly, we won't get unique stuff cause hi-rez stopped giving a sh*t. They do things and characters how they want which is what we've getting. I'm fine with that
    Anyone who settles for mediocrity without trying to do something about it is a fool. There is nothing else to be said. I'm not OK with how things are, so I hardly play these days. I'm going to go play games made by devs who give a shit until HR either picks up their act or the game dies unless I can contribute to meaningful change in the game because, unlike white-knights who just defend the game or excuse its problems without end, I have balls.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Anyone who settles for mediocrity without trying to do something about it is a fool. There is nothing else to be said. I'm not OK with how things are, so I hardly play these days. I'm going to go play games made by devs who give a shit until HR either picks up their act or the game dies unless I can contribute to meaningful change in the game because, unlike white-knights who just defend the game or excuse its problems without end, I have balls.
    Whether it's mediocrity, thats an opinion. Smite is a good game from my opinion, I've had a lot of fun playing it. It could be better with different developers but this is as good as we're gonna get and to me it's good enough.
    Rip & Tear

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Did they drop the prices? I only remember them making some things easier to get. And anyway, if you'd gotten the direct purchases you've wanted, the price would be a lot higher.
    You shouldn't argue about definitive things without having all the facts just to insert your opinion and have the back step to ignorance. They changed a lot of things direct purchase prices included.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    To put it bluntly, we won't get unique stuff cause hi-rez stopped giving a sh*t.
    not that it isn't related to what you said, but the reason you don't get unique stuff is because unique stuff requires them to actually program new stuff into the game (this is called "new tech"). That requires something called a programmer to program new things. They only have script kiddies running the show right now... basically they are limited to what a modder can do with existing components. Thats why every single character lately has been a rehash of existing characters. The type of characters they are making now, at a really slow pace, were previously the easy-to-make "filler" characters between "new tech" characters (longer development time to bring new stuff in).

They got people that can do skins (artists) and some technical stuff with animations/rigging and modeling. Its all just fancy wrappers and scripting. They got nothing for the interface and nothing for under the hood... I really don't think they actually can add something new to the game with their current team. I mean... you guys wonder why bugs get through even though they are obvious? Well. Its obviously not because they didn't see them.

They are doing this not because its impossible to balance new things, but because they've extracted too much staff from the game and probably haven't replaced them, so its short-staffed now and development of new things is no longer a priority.

Balance of new things can be achieved with countering its pros with cons. If the skill is good then it needs to be difficult to apply or if its easy to apply then it needs to have a weaker effect. Its really that simple; you balance risk with reward. Sometimes you can "take" from other parts of the kit to pay for something really good elsewhere in the kit. Ultimately you add shit to the game because you want to keep people around, because old shit with a different wrapper is still old shit and it won't be interesting enough for the players you're trying to develop new things for. You want loyalty to your brand because that loyalty is money.

Its much easier to sell your minimum-effort events if you have brand loyalty, for example.

See, hi-rez, if you had those built-in fans like blizzard then those garbage games you're trying to copy would also work better. Just imagine what Riot could release at this point - the answer is almost anything they wanted and it would work relatively well because they have a built-in fan base - because they showed a little fucking loyalty to their own products so their fans are loyal to them.

I suspect people won't quit complaining until they get what they want (improvements) or they quit (no longer give a shit). Which is how it should be.
    Last edited by Pizlenut; 05-28-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    i give up. its like talking to a wall with you.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works