Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xbalanque nerfs incoming

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Theres these things called Thorns and Hide of the Nemean Lion. If you see Xbal building crit, get those and he's toast.
    I have hit people using Thorns or Nemeans with Xbal, there is skill to doing it right and not becoming toast.

Quote Originally Posted by MAADUECE View Post
    weird becuase i havent really seen anyone kind of uproar saying xbal is junk and needs help
    In my 8 months of Smite, the main complaint I have seen about Xbal is his early clear though never much detail on it. Also there is a vid showing how to use him best in Season 4 that required Death's Toll, an item not available anymore but some of the other advice still works like how to level up skills in what order. Then the Power buff (scaling?) on his 2 and 3 is low, understandable when his Passive is fully stacked but until that, his 2 and 3 do not get a Power buff like others gods do. Finally a number of Tier lists done by longtime high skill level players do not rate Xbal even at mid tier.

Spirit Armor was fine as it was in Season 4, the change to anti-crit made no sense, think I have seen it all of 1 time since S5 started.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Xbal just doesn't really offer anything super meta atm. His clear is beyond ass, his 2-3 combo is mediocre at best, and his 1 early for clear chunks his mana.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Xbal just doesn't really offer anything super meta atm. His clear is beyond ass, his 2-3 combo is mediocre at best, and his 1 early for clear chunks his mana.
    Late game hypercarry potential is nice in a meta where adcs won't do anything in early game anyway.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,986
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    If we are talking about SPL level of play then maybe since damage is usually lower there. But in ranked and normal Conquest he is going to have his passive full by around 10 mins or so if both ADCs are not playing passive. Mind you this is only for the full 30 power, and he is still getting 5 power every 1000 damage that he will get very early.

It's going to be a nightmare to try to box him at almost every point of the game. Think Ullr level almost.
    I would much rather fight the guy with 30 power over me than have Ullr 100-0 me because he hit a lucky axe, but that's me. Plus Xbal for some reason still has that useless 4/8/12/16/20% slow scaling on his Darts.
    Last edited by Goobis; 05-10-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead darkwhip's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    xbal and artemis are very similar, they both have god awful early games and are easy to gank.
    they both have some of the most dmging basics in the game though.
    i think xbal atm is a C grade hunter, after this patch he will be B grade along with izanami, nieth and cern.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    After it becomes easier to stack his Passive, HiRez will probably try to nerf him.

I already play Xbal despite his negative rep, when people realize he can hit for 850+ per critical hit often enough, higher than any other Hunter I have tried (6 of them now), once his items and Passive are fully stacked, the nerf cries will commence.
    nope they won't nerf him , no reason ..he still have lowest base attack speed from all of the hunters ...fact he can hit with 850+ crit doesn't makes him SS tier buddy ... almost any other adc with same build will have higher dps

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwhip View Post
    xbal and artemis are very similar, they both have god awful early games and are easy to gank.
    they both have some of the most dmging basics in the game though.
    i think xbal atm is a C grade hunter, after this patch he will be B grade along with izanami, nieth and cern.
    arti doesn't have awful early game ... who told u that ... she just needs power to build up and some attack speed ... buther early game is better than xbalanques , in some terms ...her clear is weaker but she have better control...

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    I would much rather fight the guy with 30 power over me than have Ullr 100-0 me because he hit a lucky axe, but that's me. Plus Xbal for some reason still has that useless 4/8/12/16/20% slow scaling on his Darts.
    xbalanques kit needs some rework .. his ulti is great .. but his 3 and 2 are pretty weak .. and he didn't even have full immunity ...

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MArBuSe View Post
    xbalanques kit needs some rework .. his ulti is great .. but his 3 and 2 are pretty weak .. and he didn't even have full immunity ...
    His 2 and 3 seemed weak because of his Passive, with the change they get better too.
    His 3 also is one of the few non-Ults in the game with anti-CC getting you out of a lot.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,986
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by MArBuSe View Post
    His kit is fine, the issue with Xbal is that the early-game struggles he had to deal with weren't worth the lategame. Now he can actually get the 30 power from his passive without having to stress about confirming kills on something with a weak early and strong late, which helps a lot with clearing waves and boxing.

Darts starting at a 4% slow is practically useless, but Rising Jaguar having CC-Immunity on a non-ultimate ability is very strong.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.