Thread: Oni Hunter's Garb: Incoming Changes

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Oni Hunter's Garb: Incoming Changes

Oni Hunter’s Garb had an all or nothing passive, making its use cases very restrictive. We have redesigned it to provide smaller amounts of damage mitigation for every enemy god around you up to 3. This lets it reach a similar amount of strength as the old passive but contribute smaller effects with only 1 or 2 enemy gods nearby.

NEW PASSIVE
    For each enemy god within 55 units of you, you gain a stack of 2% damage mitigation. This caps at 3 stacks.

I don't understand this change, specially the 3 stacks cap. This item is completely out of the meta, why are we just buffing the passive for 1% and allowing it to trigger from the first enemy with a meaningless 2% damage mitigation? At least let it stack up to 5, so you can get a decent 10% mitigation against a full team, even if you have to increase its cost slightly. I hope they do something more on the line of that before releasing the update or it will be as bought as it is now. If not, they are literally making quality-of-life adjustments for a garbage passive. That's not going to take anywhere.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 05-02-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I still think they should just make it give the 5% mitigation all the time, no need to be near opponents.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I still think they should just make it give the 5% mitigation all the time, no need to be near opponents.
    I think 5% is useless, no matter the price. It's OK for an ability, but for an item you just go for another.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    I think 5% is useless, no matter the price. It's OK for an ability, but for an item you just go for another.
    If it was literally ALWAYS active, then I'd actually like it on gods with built in mitigation like Bacchus and Amaterasu. On most gods though yeah, its useless.

Achievements:
    I don't know pal, I still prefer stronger conditional mitigations than consistent weak ones. At the end, you're gonna need them when they commit heavily. What's that always-up 5% for? Just to mitigate poke?

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    I don't know pal, I still prefer stronger conditional mitigations than consistent weak ones. At the end, you're gonna need them when they commit heavily. What's that always-up 5% for? Just to mitigate poke?
    To mitigate poke, stack with Cabrakan passive(that'd make 25% total with amaterasu 2, or 24% total on Bacchus if you go double guardian for some reason) and stack with those larger short duration buffs like Khepri 2 or Isis ult or upgraded relic that lets you walk through walls(i use it so little i forgot what it is called, phantom something i think).

I'd rather have it to stack up on built in mitigation and then ignore defense and build a ton of power(since defense and mitigation don't work well together anyway) then have a little situational mitigation and have to build defenses anyway.

Under the right circumstances you can actually reach 100% mitigation for a short duration, that's nice and all but I'd rather have my smaller constant amount.

Ravana ult 30%, buffed with Cabrakan and Isis to 50%, buffed with Khepri to 80%, buffed with phantom relic to i think 95%? I can't remember if it gave 10% or 15%. Buffed with spirit robe to 100%+

Spirit robe and Khepri buff have the shortest durations, with Khepri being the most important and Cabrakan being the most irrelevant. Still I'd like to build a permanent 5% mitigation to stack with Cabrakan's aura when i play gods like Amaterasu, Bacchus, Kuzenbo and Ravana. Or to stack with buffs when playing with gods like Khepri, Isis and Terra.

Keep in mind mitigations and defense apply separately so if you have 50% mitigation and 50% damage reduction from defense you only reduce damage 75%(one of those reductions is also reduced 50%). So you can go ahead and use them both to try to be super tank and likely have everyone ignore your presence, or you can for the most part stick to one or the other. This means if you have a way to get your mitigations without taking a bunch of item slots you can focus mostly on damage.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Oni hunters is in a weird place. The passive actually quite decent, as at max stacks your sort of getting 12% dmg mitigation, as its 6% for both physical and magical. The problem is that oni offers subpar health, average mp, and its supplemental stat is ccr, which isn't in super high demand. When you do want it, you have items like spirit robe, winged blade, shoguns, boots, and e staff.

Achievements:
    Mitigations are always mixed, except for the new Stone of Fal, what it's not even mitigation exactly, so I don't know why that makes it 12% all of a sudden. You could say it's mixed prots at best. It's 6% mitigations, 6 against 3 and 6 against 5. It doesn't even escale beyond 3 enemies. What do you do with 6% mitigations against 5 people? In my opinion, the stats on this item are better than the passive, and they aren't great.