Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Soul Eater

  1. #11
    Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    551
    5
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    I always saw Soul Eater based on how it stacks as a tank lifesteal for Warriors over ADCs, Devos provides much better lifesteal for ADCs even if you buff Eater.
    Personally I would like to see Physcial items get an overhaul like Magical ones did where in lifesteal each of the 3 Physical classes would have 1 lifesteal item designed for them out of Asi, Devos and Eater with Bloodforge left alone for those that want what it does when felt appropriate.
    Also to consider is how lifesteal works in Assault. Right now with the Magical item overhaul, every Magical lifesteal item is available but for Physcial gods there is only Asi and Bloodforge because stacking items are banned in Assault.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Bancroft's and Typhon's give some of the most raw power out of all magical items. If you are trying to buy the 6 items that give the most power, those 2 are both in the build.

    Meanwhile if you want the most raw physical power, bloodforge devourers and soul eater are all in your build. Honestly, soul eater works well regardless of your class. Due to the cooldown reduction, it is actually what I'd consider the best out of the 3. Its actual lifesteal is admittedly low, but if you want good lifesteal on a physical god that doesn't have it built in you need at least 2 items regardless anyway.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Bancroft's and Typhon's give some of the most raw power out of all magical items. If you are trying to buy the 6 items that give the most power, those 2 are both in the build.

    Meanwhile if you want the most raw physical power, bloodforge devourers and soul eater are all in your build. Honestly, soul eater works well regardless of your class. Due to the cooldown reduction, it is actually what I'd consider the best out of the 3. Its actual lifesteal is admittedly low, but if you want good lifesteal on a physical god that doesn't have it built in you need at least 2 items regardless anyway.
    Yes, CD is good but is almost the only thing it has that's attractive to get instead of another thing. The power is good but not the best out of all neither, and the lifesteal is the weakest of all. Maybe Bloodforge's LS is weaker, but is still a much better item in the right circumstances.

    Stacking lifesteal isn't that good for physical. As mage, you can get a Typhoon's and go ham getting lifesteal and have your power boosted so it is still worth even if they go for antihealing, but physical items don't have extra effects on them and are just hit by the antihealing.

    A tank won't build lifesteal cause they don't build power, so it's meaningless unless you're a hybrid Cama solo or alike.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    I always saw Soul Eater based on how it stacks as a tank lifesteal for Warriors over ADCs, Devos provides much better lifesteal for ADCs even if you buff Eater.
    Personally I would like to see Physcial items get an overhaul like Magical ones did where in lifesteal each of the 3 Physical classes would have 1 lifesteal item designed for them out of Asi, Devos and Eater with Bloodforge left alone for those that want what it does when felt appropriate.
    Also to consider is how lifesteal works in Assault. Right now with the Magical item overhaul, every Magical lifesteal item is available but for Physcial gods there is only Asi and Bloodforge because stacking items are banned in Assault.
    I don't think so, of course unless you're a warrior in the jungle. Yeah, most of the warriors would get more benefits lifestealing from abilities than autos, but the lack of power on their builds makes it worthless. It's just 10% lifesteal, for an ability with almost no power added to it, that's meaningless. No warrior would rather that than another defensive item if not trolling or being in a circumstance where building some significant power is viable, and still some pen like Crusher would be much better option. The only true nice 'lifesteal' item for warriors, cause it isn't really, would be Gladiator's Shield, since it scales out from your health, and not your power.

    Soul Eater is better for ability-based ADC or junglers, including full power warriors, but jungle is plenty of better items and ADC also have better options.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  5. #15
    Member Follower GoIdschuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    175
    6
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    5
    I really like soul eater now. Ever since the patch where they increased the Price of devo's and buffed SE, it's my premier stacking item on Hou Yi and it works like a charm. Yes, the life steal isn't that good, but honestly that's not even the selling point of this item.
    The passive, CDR and Mana helps a lot if you get it early. Also unlike other items, you can stack it, without actually killing the minions themselves (they just have to die around you)

  6. #16
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoIdschuss View Post
    I really like soul eater now. Ever since the patch where they increased the Price of devo's and buffed SE, it's my premier stacking item on Hou Yi and it works like a charm. Yes, the life steal isn't that good, but honestly that's not even the selling point of this item.
    The passive, CDR and Mana helps a lot if you get it early. Also unlike other items, you can stack it, without actually killing the minions themselves (they just have to die around you)
    Yes I also like the item, specially after they did so many odd tweaks that didn't take anywhere. I don't want them to change the concept behind this Soul Eater, but I think they need to boost the lifesteal.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    551
    5
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    I don't think so, of course unless you're a warrior in the jungle. Yeah, most of the warriors would get more benefits lifestealing from abilities than autos, but the lack of power on their builds makes it worthless. It's just 10% lifesteal, for an ability with almost no power added to it, that's meaningless. No warrior would rather that than another defensive item if not trolling or being in a circumstance where building some significant power is viable, and still some pen like Crusher would be much better option. The only true nice 'lifesteal' item for warriors, cause it isn't really, would be Gladiator's Shield, since it scales out from your health, and not your power.

    Soul Eater is better for ability-based ADC or junglers, including full power warriors, but jungle is plenty of better items and ADC also have better options.
    Conquest of course but not the only mode. It is easier to stack an item or two early in Conquest unless you get ganked a lot in lane, outside of there good luck thanks to the increase of poor play in other modes. Since good ADC builds usually rely on at least one stacking item but you can barely get them, Hunters tend to suffer while Magical ADCs do well.

    For almost a week now I played Clash, Joust and Assault. The last there is no worries since most stacking items are banned, still takes time for Hunters to come online while fumbling through other build options, but in the previous 2 and Arena try making a stackable item as a Hunter or even a Mage. Tell people you are building stacks, quite often they ignore you stealing the minion farm leaving your only option PvP damage that is hard to come by especially for Hunters. A perfect example, in a recent Clash match I tried building stacks as Xbal but my allies just kept stealing the farm and the damage against other players was not enough early.

    I am really tired of these Season 5 changes where player behavior has become more selfish as to screw over their allies then complain that an entire team will not revolve around their hyper-aggression and refusal to play the mode as designed instead trying to get those high K/Ds for bragging.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Conquest of course but not the only mode. It is easier to stack an item or two early in Conquest unless you get ganked a lot in lane, outside of there good luck thanks to the increase of poor play in other modes. Since good ADC builds usually rely on at least one stacking item but you can barely get them, Hunters tend to suffer while Magical ADCs do well.

    For almost a week now I played Clash, Joust and Assault. The last there is no worries since most stacking items are banned, still takes time for Hunters to come online while fumbling through other build options, but in the previous 2 and Arena try making a stackable item as a Hunter or even a Mage. Tell people you are building stacks, quite often they ignore you stealing the minion farm leaving your only option PvP damage that is hard to come by especially for Hunters. A perfect example, in a recent Clash match I tried building stacks as Xbal but my allies just kept stealing the farm and the damage against other players was not enough early.

    I am really tired of these Season 5 changes where player behavior has become more selfish as to screw over their allies then complain that an entire team will not revolve around their hyper-aggression and refusal to play the mode as designed instead trying to get those high K/Ds for bragging.
    Like it or not, they balance the game around Conquest, and also I barely play something that's not Conquest (some Clashes only) so of course I talk about that mode. When it comes to balance, you can talk about Conquest or keep dreaming.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  9. #19
    Member Follower GoIdschuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    175
    6
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    5
    I feel like if they buff it's lifesteal aspect, then it will become too dominant of an item. It offers so many other things already, so if it heals the same as say, devo's glove, then there won't be much reason to buy any of the other lifesteal items.

    An increase of the passive would sound tasty though.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah that's true but my numbers are orientative. Anyway from 10 to 20 is not that crazy, but let Hirez tweak the numbers, if you trust that...
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •