Thread: What happened to Ah Muzen Cab?!

Junior Member Cupidhead Decimatorul's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Unhappy What happened to Ah Muzen Cab?!

After the last nerf I LITERALLY lose each and every game I play with AMC. Before this nerf I was easily competing with most of the gods although he has no escape or stun ability. ALL this god had was his early game advantage which helped him keep up with the others. Now, if I happen to die 1 or 2 times early, the game is lost for sure.

His hives can be easily destroyed and this was a problem even before he got nerfed but not this is hell for this god and he is no longer an option to play even though I was a main AMC. As I said before, he has no escape, no stun, no root, literally nothing to help him. His most useful ability got nerfed and now he also has no atack speed and no movement speed. Just nothing compared to other gods. Some will say that he has his ultimate CD very low, but that is if you hit with it or even if you hit, if you are able to retrieve his needle, or else he has a big CD just like the others, or even bigger.

Just fix this already! AMC is no longer an option to play! I rarely see someone playing him lately and I don't wonder why.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    It has nothing to do with the nerfs he received, it's more about the meta change. It's same thing that happened to some mid mages who were popular last season. S4 was basically the tank meta, where even your jungler was tanky, which offers a lots of protection to immobile gods like AMC. Now that assassins are back in the frey, AMC is lot less popular. That doesn't mean he's unplayable, he still wins the lane almost certain, but you have to much more careful now with your positioning and warding.
    Rip & Tear

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Like you said he has no escape, he is just an ability Hunter with a number of damage options, self-buff through easy to kill hives and a small amount of CC. Personally I would compare him to Medusa who I now own and have tried AMC on rotation plus somethings in their kits appear similar.

Medusa has an always on Passive; AMC's provides extra benefits on abilities that hit, +1 Medusa.
    #1 ability, Medusa gets an AS and DoT for a period of time, AMC gets AS, Heal and move buffs near easy to destroy objects that have to be positioned properly. I actually call this 0 favoring neither, AMC's 1 costs less mana and has a longer cooldown so he spends less mana than Medusa.
    #2 ability, both cost about the same, Medusa has better early cooldown AMC is better late, both deal high damage including power buff, AMC has better range. +0.5 AMC
    #3 ability, Medusa's cost is less, is an escape and deals damage with anti-heal; AMC has shorter cooldown, DoT and slows target for easier killing. 0 favoring neither.
    Ult, both deal close to same damage, cooldown and cost. Medusa gets double CC depending on target looking at her and leaves behind something she and allies can benefit from; AMC gets 1 CC and leaves behind something only he benefits from. +1 Medusa.

Overall +1.5 Medusa better than AMC. That is before factoring in builds, Crusher for example the passive benefits Medusa more because all her abilities deal damage while AMC has no damage on his 1, also I have yet to find an item that would buff AMC's 1 in a way that benefits him, for example you could give AMC Shield of Regrowth that buffs him off his 1's heals but really does not have much other benefit for Hunters. (I think Physical items may need a look at similar to how Magical ones were changed for Season 5.)

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    I'm quite sure AMC's hives don't proc Regrowth. Also, Medusas 3 is rarely used as damage and is unreliable as escape cause it can be blocked. Also, if you pick up AMC's Stinger, cooldown is really low. And with his 3, AMC gets a lot better use out of Crusher than Medusa does. He can proc it easily on multiple targets with both abilities, Medusa can't.
    Rip & Tear

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Now that assassins are back in the frey, .
    Not really only CERTAIN assassins are back in the frey. Ones with crazy mobility and damage as well as stupid utility. Most either are too limited in functional time span (arachne, Thatos, Bastet), too easy to counter (Fenrir, KAli), shit in general (Arachne, Bakasura, Kali), or too single target, just outdone (Hun Batz, Susanoo) or can't take advantage of items.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Not really only CERTAIN assassins are back in the frey. Ones with crazy mobility and damage as well as stupid utility. Most either are too limited in functional time span (arachne, Thatos, Bastet), too easy to counter (Fenrir, KAli), shit in general (Arachne, Bakasura, Kali), or too single target, just outdone (Hun Batz, Susanoo) or can't take advantage of items.
    Hun Batz will never be out of meta with his ult. Bastet and Susano can use Crusher extremely well, they are good picks. Arachne has even been played in SPL, she's more of a comfort pick but doesn't mean she's bad. Are you seriously saying Kali is bad? She's a late game hyper carry, let her get there and you're done. Baka is meh but I can see him working on solo in some comps.

Also, did you just say Hun Batz and Susano are single target? Literally all their abilities aside from Susanos 3 damage multiple targets.
    Last edited by Outso187; 05-02-2018 at 05:42 AM.
    Rip & Tear

Junior Member Cupidhead Robotease's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I'm not seeing the problem with AMC. He doesn't play like the other hunters, since his kit is more focused on combining all of his abilities, so the main idea is keeping an eye on your mana and trying to make the hives at least a little difficult to get to. Strategic placement and buffing out that ability will have you flying all over the map. Sure, his basic might not wow you until late game, if you build him right, but his abilities will at least slow your foes and poison them. The CC is great.

« shut up »