Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to S5 Solo lane?

Junior Member Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered

How to S5 Solo lane?

Hello, I am having a lot of issues in S5 and I'm trying my best to adjust but it seems nearly impossible as now each role is too foreign to me and I underperform way too much and as of right now the lane I started with when I first learned SMITE is the lane I want to get comfortable again with and that's solo lane and so I am making this post with a simple question "how do I solo lane in S5?"

With that said I'd like to also get more in depth and share my exact issues and what gods I struggle against. The gods I can't never beat in lane are Chaac, Artio, Ganesha, Loki, Terra and Cerb. Now when I say I struggle against them I'm talking struggle my lane will be lost within seconds and I am at a loss as to what to build against these gods.

Now in general my biggest issue when it comes to building aside from a mage IDK how to counter build any longer and I'm just confused so building seems to be one of the biggest issues and finally gaining level yes I can stay and lane and farm. However, in previous seasons you'd go contest elementals and you'd still buffs but now I'm not sure on how to go about it and when I should go and get these camps if there are any if at all to claim.

Now that I've presented my issues can anyone help me?
    Last edited by JuriHaku; 04-21-2018 at 05:45 AM.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I'm probably not the best person for this as I've just started learning this role myself, but I usually don't lose my tower that fast. Based on the gods you claim to struggle against, my guess would be that they're out healing/sustaining you (all but ganesha and loki have built in heal or lifesteal in their kit). Some sort of anti heal item may help in that regard, and picking up the healing chalice if you don't have a heal of your own may also benefit (I know I need one or I'm backing constantly). A common mistake I see with new solo laners is buildng early magic defense when laning against a physical god or vice versa, though I'm assuming you're long past that stage. You might also see about finding a good jungler to team up with, if you're falling behind that fast he should be babysitting you until you get back on your feet, providing the other lanes aren't in the same boat of course.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 04-21-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    I'm probably not the best person for this as I've just started learning this role myself, but I usually don't lose my tower that fast. Based on the gods you claim to struggle against, my guess would be that they're out healing/sustaining you (all but ganesha and loki have built in heal or lifesteal in their kit). Some sort of anti heal item may help in that regard, and picking up the healing chalice if you don't have a heal of your own may also benefit (I know I need one or I'm backing constantly). A common mistake I see with new solo laners is buildng early magic defense when laning against a physical god or vice versa, though I'm assuming you're long past that stage. You might also see about finding a good jungler to team up with, if you're falling behind that fast he should be babysitting you until you get back on your feet, providing the other lanes aren't in the same boat of course.
    I wish it was that easy but being baby sat isn't good especially in s5's current state where solo and duo are just getting destroyed most of the time. So I need to learn to stand on my own feet and win my own lane.

New Member Cupidhead Mother21ru's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Winning lane on solo means literally nothing nowadays, u can just pick guardian and stay like "i dont want enemy to get my T1" and nothing matters.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother21ru View Post
    Winning lane on solo means literally nothing nowadays, u can just pick guardian and stay like "i dont want enemy to get my T1" and nothing matters.
    I guess but I hate solo lane it seems you need to be a guardian or someone like Hercules to do anything in there. I get out leveled to an extreme and I know big woop you lost t1 tower but that isn't the issue the issue is I'll be level 12 and the enemy solo is 20 and I'm down 5.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    high sustain seems to be meta

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Some important questions:
    -which god are you playing? Fineokay solo lane tierlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8adbZ8JqFk
    -how are you building? Fineokay sole build guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzhlQEpfjQ&t=42s
    -how are you starting? Fineokay lvl1-3 starting guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinVEIsSiAA

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead skoots7's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It could be how you are approaching the lane. Do you clear all the minions before poking the enemy? Do you force the enemy to poke you? I noticed you didn't mention having trouble against bellona, which most people have a hard time battling against her clear.
    If you are picking gods with weak early clear, you need to realize that play a little more passive and don't meet them in the middle of lane.
    You ask me "Oh God, why?"
    "Because I'm god, that's fucking why"

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by skoots7 View Post
    It could be how you are approaching the lane. Do you clear all the minions before poking the enemy? Do you force the enemy to poke you? I noticed you didn't mention having trouble against bellona, which most people have a hard time battling against her clear.
    If you are picking gods with weak early clear, you need to realize that play a little more passive and don't meet them in the middle of lane.
    also this leads to the question of are they stacking warriors blessing easily against you and your not against them. like counter initiating with sumthing that stops their clear but gives you a stack. kinda like amy's dash into a bellona bludgeon.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    It really depends on who your playing but winning lane isn't winning game so if u think like that you'd have at least good general mindset and also wards their really worth it in my experience. A lot of the casual/low end ranked solo players think like that and its their downfall unless they can take a backseat for the mid and late game.