Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to S5 Solo lane?

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 804
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Keep in mind, that losing T1 tower is NOT the same as losing as a solo laner. Some solo's will just lose that tower no matter how hard they try depending on their opposition - Ama sucks are keeping her T1 safe, for example. The gods you listed are all high sustain gods that are difficult to gank effectively. You will probably lose T1 to them, and to try and stop that you will be stuck in lane the entire time.

Realistically, just try to stay within a level or two of the enemy solo and don't be a full item behind if you can help it. If you can manage that, you will probably still be ahead of the rest of the enemy team and can make up the deficit in your lane with team fight presence\ganks.
    Remember The Manticore

Junior Member Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    To answer all your questions I play a little bit of everyone I'm never the same god when I go in that lane. How do I build? It depends who I'm up against if it's let's say magical which NORMALLY it is! I go W.Blessing, and the 1st tier of bulwark/Pestilence. From there I go into tier 2 of that magical tree and get tier 1 boots from there I'll either finish up my boots or build pestilence which I always go for because there hasn't been a situation where I can build bulwark. Relics I normally get it also depends... I use to get teleport but I stopped because it isn't helpful as it once was so I normally get med to at least add to my sustain or curse/horrific emblem.

The pots I buy are health pot x2 and x1 muti pot again these depend on the god. Now if I were to state the gods I use in that lane typically? Umm again anyone I use to play Bellona but tbh I stopped cause this meta is just terrible for her maybe she's A-tier for a few people but I hate to say it think she's doing worse cause of this season but that's just me. Now the ONLY god I win that lane with is either Hades or Hel. Now recently I tried using a physical god which was Hercules but thanks to the hades buffs I got bullied out like nobodies business I couldn't hold that lane PERIOD.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by skoots7 View Post
    It could be how you are approaching the lane. Do you clear all the minions before poking the enemy? Do you force the enemy to poke you? I noticed you didn't mention having trouble against bellona, which most people have a hard time battling against her clear.
    If you are picking gods with weak early clear, you need to realize that play a little more passive and don't meet them in the middle of lane.
    I never have issue with her clear cause it's a joke compared to the other gods who go in that lane like a Hades and or a Cerb also keep in mind these guys can just stun her out of her 3 which all the gods I've seen that go in that lane all can do that and will. But what I try to do is clear the wave first and throw a damage ability to where the enemy is and where the minions are I try to get the "two for one" if you would.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The strongest solo laners you can meet atm are Bellone definetly on top
    Achillies-Cu Chulan-
    -Bellona is gonna outclear ans outsustain you 1000% guaranteed
    -Chaac is hard to push out of his lane due to his good clear
    -Achillies just have to much free damage that forces you to sit under tower
    - Cu chulan just is to strong 1v1 and his clear is pretty good

Solo lane is a little bitt hard to understand, but there are many strategies to use.
    1. Some characters like Hercules and Tyr have short abilites, they should meet the wave before both clashes. This is also true for characters with aoe basics.
    2. Characters with sustain or good basic attack damage should after using their ability, focus their attention on the enemy solo laner. You will win this trade, enemy god will be low and you will absorb the minions attacks, making your minions tankier.
    3. If enemy outclears you, poke wave as fast as you can, attack and run away. Dont let the minions in to the tower.

Dont fight to the death. There is no reason for you two to go all out. The loser will never adapt to the situation, and it makes you open for ganks, and you will never be able to rotate if mid/jungler needs you
    Dont spam your main clear between waves to poke enemy champ, unless you are ravana(low cooldown).
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 05-16-2018 at 05:32 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    The strongest solo laners you can meet atm are Bellone definetly on top
    Achillies-Cu Chulan-
    -Bellona is gonna outclear ans outsustain you 1000% guaranteed
    -Chaac is hard to push out of his lane due to his good clear
    -Achillies just have to much free damage that forces you to sit under tower
    - Cu chulan just is to strong 1v1 and his clear is pretty good

Solo lane is a little bitt hard to understand, but there are many strategies to use.
    1. You run into the enemy wave before the wave meets, depending on who you are(tyr, hercules, bellona) this way you releave some of the damage the wave takes on your wave.
    2. When the wave meets you attack the enemy solo laner after using your ability on wave or poke the enemy god with the ability as you hit the wave. This strategy should be used for characters with sustain, low cooldowns or high damage vs single targets. What this does is that, unless its bellona, the enemy will lose some health while you absorb the damage from the wave, making your wave lasting longer.(Erlang-tyr, hercules-ravana)
    3. Simply clear, if enemy clears faster than you, run under your tower and stop the enemy wave in front of your tower, only if your next wave is close. If not then run away from the minions and save your clear for the next wave.

Alternative 3 also works with 2.

One final tips, you dont have to fight to the death every time you see enemy solo laner. Ive seen to manny people who absolutley have to go all out every time. This causes trouble for your team cause 1. they never learn to adapt to the situation if they fall behind and will continue fighting even though they always lose. 2 they make them selves open for ganks as they are always low.
    And dont spam your wave main clear ability between waves as your cooldowns will be down for the next wave.
    Okay I'll try this but what do I do when let' say the enemy god is doing WAY too much damage and I just can't possibly beat them in a 1v1? Do I try my best to tower camp and pray they don't dive me? Now what do I do if by some miracle I am able to make the enemy tower camp what do I do?

Achievements:
    I know I've posted a lot in the span of a few minutes if not hours but I really want to get this lane down it's been over a few months now and I use to do so well in this lane but now I can't but enough of that. I seem to have issues even destroying the t1 tower myself because someone is always on it and I can't really push it.

So making the laner overall leave is my issue along with losing every 1v1. I can't seem to meet up with the enemy laners damage they either always do more and I die or they get away from me and I can't confirm the kill and thank's to teleport they'll be back in lane. Now I know this depends on the god I play but this is normal for me with ALL physical based gods.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    You should not fall behind if you followed my previous tips. Be aggressive, no matter what the situation. Dont sucide, but be aggressive. Nothing is worse than a player who does no player damage in course of an entire game, no matter the situation. And nothing is worse than a character who never takes any risk. Risk is the only way to deal with a fed enemy team. If they attack your towers, you have to take a risk defenind it. If they are winning every lane, you have to take risk farming. You cant sit under the tower letting the enemy freeze your wave or steal your jungle. Beeing super aggressive resets the mentallity of the enemy, making them yield to you eventually.

Some tips when you are behind(ward, ward, ward):
    1. If the enemy is to strong , sit under your tower. This is sometimes necessary.
    2. Hit and run is the best strategy, dont let the minions into the tower, but dont get hit by the enemy, you are going to lose a lot of health, but one back doesnt cost you as much as losing some gold every wave.
    3. Be hyper agressive if you have a god like Tyr and Hercules that can knock them into the tower. If your jungler is doing good you can use this strategy on any god, poking and baiting the enemy for your jungler to show up. Dont die, dont let your jungler die, dont fight them, just chase them out of their position.

What solo laners do you usally play?
    And what is your builds?
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 05-16-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    You should not fall behind if you followed my previous tips. Be aggressive, no matter what the situation. Dont sucide, but be aggressive. Nothing is worse than a player who does no player damage in course of an entire game, no matter the situation. And nothing is worse than a character who never takes any risk. Risk is the only way to deal with a fed enemy team. If they attack your towers, you have to take a risk defenind it. If they are winning every lane, you have to take risk farming. You cant sit under the tower letting the enemy freeze your wave or steal your jungle. Beeing super aggressive resets the mentallity of the enemy, making them yield to you eventually.

Some tips when you are behind(ward, ward, ward):
    1. If the enemy is to strong , sit under your tower. This is sometimes necessary.
    2. Hit and run is the best strategy, dont let the minions into the tower, but dont get hit by the enemy, you are going to lose a lot of health, but one back doesnt cost you as much as losing some gold every wave.
    3. Be hyper agressive if you have a god like Tyr and Hercules that can knock them into the tower. If your jungler is doing good you can use this strategy on any god, poking and baiting the enemy for your jungler to show up. Dont die, dont let your jungler die, dont fight them, just chase them out of their position.

What solo laners do you usally play?
    And what is your builds?
    The physical solo laner I am going a bit more often is Bellona but other than her I' go Sun Wukong, Hercules, Cu Cu, Guan just any warrior that strikes me you know but more often than not I'll go Bellona. Now as for my build I begin the match by purchasing Warriors Blessing, tier 1 boots an a health chalice, previously I'd go Warriors blessing into tier 1 of breastplate and I'd buy 2 health pots an 2 multi pots.

I've been experimenting with builds but as of now I've been going into boots from which I'd purchase gladiators shield and than I'd build a breastplate of my choosing from which I'd buy a health item which will suit the situation like maybe I need sustain which more often than not I'll get Gaia's gem but let's say the enemy team has a lot of slows or the solo laner got horrific and so did the jungler and well I'd probably build winged blade for the breast plates its either breast plate of valor (rare), nemean lion (for AA warriors and currently I'm building it often), Mystic mail (I either build this super early instead of shield or after shield for that added aggression but as of recently I stopped) and finally Migardian (If there is a hunter or a bakasura jungle)

Now the major health items I use are Winged blade (situational), Gaia (most often than not), Frostbound(very rare) and finally Witchblade (another situational). Now after the health item I'll either go straight into tier 2 silver talisman than start building up hide of the urchin or I'll just go straight into pestilence since more often than not their will be a lot of high sustain and atm it gives the most magic defense and I feel it's probably the best choice this season for a single magic protection item.

Also I'd thought I'd add this but this is a VERY rare occasion that I'll do this but instead of going into tier 2 or just straight into pestilence I'll start building up hide of the urchin than finish it off with pestilence but alas this is very rare talking once in a blue moon.

As for levels I normally start with my 2 from which I'll go into my 3 back to 2 but as of now I'm stopping that and going 2, 3, 1 so that I have all my abilities and not just the 2 and the 3 for the longest.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    just a few things I wanted to add/ask as im not the best solo either. I watch brandon alot and I have noticed that glad shield seems to be out, haven't seen it very much this season at all. for bellona if ur playing against sumone who can stop bludgeon level the whip, you'll be amazed how well that works as it also lets u go up slap the wave and run away if u are getting pushed out. another thing is watch how many points you put into 4 sumtimes the other abilities being better is more worth whIle your just farming.

I notice you don't mention ever getting a chalice. sumtimes if I know I'm gonna be out sustained hard I'll opt for chalice and hp pots, usually with an early back to build the item I didn't start, for like tier 2 of the item.

personally atm I'm preferring midgardian over nemean early for aa issues, but you've got the right mind set for counter building just always remember counter build your lane/jung 2 items then start getting the mage/hunter/gaurdian counters. I think mystical is a bad choice atm. im still liking BPoV unless there's a magical healer in your lane, sumthing to think about with the pestilence rush is keep in mind u need to stay in range to counter the healing. if ur poking and running it isnt worth it soo much ESPECIALLY if it's a physical healer, your gonna be better off just getting phys prot and dealing with the healing.

these are just my opinions if anyone else has a better idea this pls feel free to

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    just a few things I wanted to add/ask as im not the best solo either. I watch brandon alot and I have noticed that glad shield seems to be out, haven't seen it very much this season at all. for bellona if ur playing against sumone who can stop bludgeon level the whip, you'll be amazed how well that works as it also lets u go up slap the wave and run away if u are getting pushed out. another thing is watch how many points you put into 4 sumtimes the other abilities being better is more worth whIle your just farming.

I notice you don't mention ever getting a chalice. sumtimes if I know I'm gonna be out sustained hard I'll opt for chalice and hp pots, usually with an early back to build the item I didn't start, for like tier 2 of the item.

personally atm I'm preferring midgardian over nemean early for aa issues, but you've got the right mind set for counter building just always remember counter build your lane/jung 2 items then start getting the mage/hunter/gaurdian counters. I think mystical is a bad choice atm. im still liking BPoV unless there's a magical healer in your lane, sumthing to think about with the pestilence rush is keep in mind u need to stay in range to counter the healing. if ur poking and running it isnt worth it soo much ESPECIALLY if it's a physical healer, your gonna be better off just getting phys prot and dealing with the healing.

these are just my opinions if anyone else has a better idea this pls feel free to
    I got you I'll try to do it in two items or less and I do buy pots it really depends at times because what i use to do is I'd go 2 heal pots and 1 multi pot or the 2 on 2 so if I need a quick burst of heal i'd pop both from which I'd buy a chalice and have and buy wards if it's ranked or buy more health pots if it's casual.