Thread: Odd stuttering

New Member Cupidhead woodledoodle's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points

Odd stuttering

Hello!

As of recent I've been getting this problem where for reasons I can't quite seem to figure out the game will stutter or just sort of freeze. It's never for a particularly long period of time, maybe half a second at the very longest and about a fifth of a second on average I'd say, but it occurs often enough to be aggravating, and it's consistently random enough to where it can impact my ability to actually play, ie I'll end up firing an ability in completely the wrong direction because I just stopped turning.

I can say for a fact it's not an issue with connectivity - believe me I've played enough games with a bad connection to know what that feels and looks like. I can also say it's not to do with graphical settings, or at least, none that are within the video box, as I've pretty much fiddled with all of them to no avail.

At anyrate, here is a gfycat link, this video is unedited and shows exactly what I'm experiencing. Random, yet happens often enough to be an issue.
    https://gfycat.com/BlackShorttermEasteuropeanshepherd
    Doesn't seem to matter if there's 4 ults on screen or if I'm just turning around in the fountain, happens whenever

Here is a pastebin link to what dxdiag saved, if that's of any use
    https://pastebin.com/JBDBUJu0

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by woodledoodle; 04-13-2018 at 01:39 AM. Reason: extra detail

New Member Cupidhead MrSkittlesROTR's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    just came on to check this iv got the same problem. was working fine untill the 5.6 patch.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Same problem. ^
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

New Member Cupidhead MrSkittlesROTR's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Slight update, managed to fix the stutter by uninstalling the steam version and switching over to none steam.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    I have the same issue except its more like a full second. I've tried both the steam and non steam versions and it still does it. Sometimes ill find myself pressuring the enemy team to stay in their tower and the next thing i know im dead under their tower. its extremely aggravating

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    So i just figured out how to fix my stuttering issue. I just got done playing a game to confirm: Didnt stutter even once. I had to install the game onto my other hard drive (My OS Drive instead of my Data drive). I dont know why it worked, but it did

Junior Member Cupidhead MalvadoD's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    been trying to play this game since I got a new pc (way above requirements(140+fps/60~msping))that was like 6 months ago and I noticed this,
    won't do it for me .. re installed the game 2nd time today to the same results..
    they even try to gift me skins and voice pack free but that doesn't cut that fact that I can't play like this ... back to some other games ... thanks for the effort of the OP in the post with the video well done.

Been exploring with different settings ... I'm not sure what ...
    im using now a 32b version on maxed out settings fps seems capped at around 60 but there is no stuttering
    I did reinstall the game, reset files, lowered the resolution is at 1024*768 windowed maximized
    it's not super smooth but at least it was not making me mad i could try to aim spells, it's still there ...
    but i can play a few games and oh well
    Last edited by MalvadoD; 04-21-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: additional information

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It's mind-blowing how this is still an issue with this game. It has been for years. I thought I'd give this game another shot with a new pc and it STILL has the issue. It happens a lot when abilities are used, or the V commands are being used.
    I'm fairly sure it has to do with assets loading up.

I'm still confused as to why the devs haven't added in an option to pre-load assets like the rest of the games in 2018 do. That could actually solve this issue for most of the players.