Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Community Feedback - 5.5 Matchmaking Test (Part 2)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Hi. I hope this is still relevant.

I played a few weeks last year, and recently got really into the game. I've played about two weeks this year. I find that the matchmaking is really quite poor. I've been focusing on Arena to become familiar with the huge variety of gods, particularly after a number of quite toxic normal matches, and while sometimes the matches are quite close the degree to which complete curb stomps occur is concerning.

Most recently I played match #410183606. In this game my group of rank 2 and under gods faced an enemy of about four diamond gods that were highly coordinated. I disregarded the rank of the gods, as I know that comes just from play, yet it become immediately clear that these players knew exactly what they were doing. It was hopeless.

I am somewhat concerned that my account level is an unreasonably large part of matchmaking. I played most of my matches during the 2x event, along with regularly using the XP boosters that I kept getting, and I'm not so sure that my account rank of 40 is truly representative of my skill. My W/L rate has to be really awful, and it is even worse when I play with my daughter on her new account.

Along with the incredible toxicity of the players of the game, I am left with the feeling that SMITE does not want me here. I quite like the gods and many of the game's features, but without proper matchmaking the learning curve is impossible to get over. I don't mind losing, but I am regularly facing losing streaks of eight or more games. That doesn't seem right to me.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    And again. I've won four of the past seventeen games (as far back as I could go for Arena). Having a below 25% win rate does not make any sense. The game should be adjusting to my skill level. Instead, in my last game I was again placed against players that were wildly more experienced than my entire team.

I don't have experiences like this in Heroes or League. I freely acknowledge that League has a huge player base, but I have a hard time imagining that there are no other low to intermediate experience players queueing in this game.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    There are other low to intermediate players, there simply is no matchmaking that takes those into account. It doesn't care about the level, experience or mmr of the players. All the matchmaking cares about is having queue times of <3 minutes, regardless of what kind of matches this results in.
    It's a common thing to see a group of 5 solo players with 1500 average elo to get matched against a 5-stack with 2200+ average elo. These matches are over the moment the players are loaded into the lobby, the rest is just a waste of everyone's time.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead FRONTdeQUICHE's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    REMOVE all gods for assault _ i dont want to play those i specially never bought

assault is the only map i play _ assault is the only interesting mode of this game
    ruin assault = ruin the game

and dont tell me i can reroll

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead FRONTdeQUICHE's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    like if assault wasnt enough messy _ those guyz adding such ***** in assault are idiots and never play this mode 100% sure of it

shame _ shame _ shame _ shame ! ! !

New Member Cupidhead ConroeJenkins's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Timed ques are fine but really would like to que for ranked with a friend again. Just keep people in the same division like silver or gold whatever instead of paired divisions

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Shasuk's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    the new system is a piece of shit, sorry to say that but, how the fuck waiting 4/9 or even more minute is an improvement ? I waited 15 minute for a motd the other day cause with the new system there is more globby canceled WTF ?

as it wasn't enough shit, the random is always trolling a team and advantaging the other ( full physic or tank, or low rank god on a side and perfect balanced random or full rank 10 or full op god ( since your god are really unbalanced ) on the other side ), even worst it doesn't feel like a true random, i've noticed than 1 week on 3 cooldown runneth over random give me god that i play while the 2 other week i got only god that i never play/hate and even multiple time the same god ( over the amount of god available it's not possible for a true random so i'm sure you guys are cheating the random to troll a team and favorite the other)
    I'm only playing assault or motd ( couldown runneth over or all out assault 2;0 since other motd are boring ) cause other mode are totaly shit (too much dc/ragequit/toxic people etc) and getting a such trolling random just remove the last fun left in your game, even worst you now changed random of assault to include not owned god wich just fuck everything and remove the fun more again since your random is always always trolling a team cause yu guys don't know how to add simple condition like no more than x phys, no more than x tank, etc

i don't count anymore the amount of random giving full phys, or full rank 10 god, there is even coodlown runneth over where you give a team 3 healer but no healer in the other team wtf ?

Sorry but smite is just turning in piece of shit and isn't a fun/good game anymore (( too much unbalanced god, toxic people, fucking trolling random, DC , ragequit , etc etc ) and i don't see many reason left ( except maybe motd ..) to still play this game that is more and more unbalanced with each update and less and less fun, the dev are too busy to release new unbalanced god and ephemer useless adventur than working on balancing the game and improving it, hirez is the only studio i knoww able to make their game worst with time lel ...

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Achievements:
    I really enjoy the timed matchmaking with the exception of the people that click "accept" just to afk in ranked lobbies to the match ends. It's super troll and happens way more times than it should. 4 x in a row where someone does it resulting in waiting another 8-10 minutes between each? I mean what a waste of time, people that accept the match then leave should be SEVERELY penalized, as it's totally different than some bug disconnecting you upon the match loading. I just don't get why this is ok.

Other than that, forced solo Q for ranked has shown large improvements in my games. I'm guessing it's a mix between the algorithm and the solo Q anyway. Almost there, just keep these turds from leaving in lobby.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I would really like to see the numbers on people quitting the game, after they waited >10 mins on a ranked game just to get the notice, that you couldnt be matched.

Just from today:
    1. Waited 10 mins to get into lobby 1
    2. Player disconnected from lobby 1
    3. Waited another 10 mins to get into lobby 2
    4. Played 15 mins, lost the game due to DC
    5. Finally only 2 mins queue time (yay!)
    6. You couldn't be matched, you will have prio... left the game

In total I played 15 mins of Smite tonight while I waited a bit more than 22 mins to get into matches. This is BS and will probably be the reason for me to finally quit Smite afterall. I endured a lot of stuff during my Smite time (bugs, server crashes, DCs) but tbh this is the most horrendous thing you've done so far. As you can see, after playing 4 years of Smite, this is my first post in this forum ...

I kinda get why you did this (for the pros and so on ...) but they are really a minority of players. Also the match-making quality hasn't improved in my opinion at least. I still get matches where I either lose hard or win hard. The minority of matches seems equal to me just like the old system. So I plea to you: Shut these freaking timed queues off! Although I didn't play then, there must have been reasons you changed this to the normal system in S1 (or whenever you had timed queues before). Let's please remember those reasons and just go back to the normal system.
    Getting one of your directors on the update show to tell us, Smite isn't dying won't stop people from leaving after this.

Btw. I live in Germany so EU-Servers and population!

Another great example from last week:
    1. Waited nearly 12 mins for a game
    2. You couldn't be matched ...
    3. Waited another 12 mins to get into game

Spending nearly 25 mins to get into games is BIG fun! In general, if someone leaves your ranked lobby, you are just f*cked and always have to wait up to 25 mins to get into your games. So well done ...