Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Community Feedback - 5.5 Matchmaking Test (Part 2)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Hi. I hope this is still relevant.

I played a few weeks last year, and recently got really into the game. I've played about two weeks this year. I find that the matchmaking is really quite poor. I've been focusing on Arena to become familiar with the huge variety of gods, particularly after a number of quite toxic normal matches, and while sometimes the matches are quite close the degree to which complete curb stomps occur is concerning.

Most recently I played match #410183606. In this game my group of rank 2 and under gods faced an enemy of about four diamond gods that were highly coordinated. I disregarded the rank of the gods, as I know that comes just from play, yet it become immediately clear that these players knew exactly what they were doing. It was hopeless.

I am somewhat concerned that my account level is an unreasonably large part of matchmaking. I played most of my matches during the 2x event, along with regularly using the XP boosters that I kept getting, and I'm not so sure that my account rank of 40 is truly representative of my skill. My W/L rate has to be really awful, and it is even worse when I play with my daughter on her new account.

Along with the incredible toxicity of the players of the game, I am left with the feeling that SMITE does not want me here. I quite like the gods and many of the game's features, but without proper matchmaking the learning curve is impossible to get over. I don't mind losing, but I am regularly facing losing streaks of eight or more games. That doesn't seem right to me.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    And again. I've won four of the past seventeen games (as far back as I could go for Arena). Having a below 25% win rate does not make any sense. The game should be adjusting to my skill level. Instead, in my last game I was again placed against players that were wildly more experienced than my entire team.

I don't have experiences like this in Heroes or League. I freely acknowledge that League has a huge player base, but I have a hard time imagining that there are no other low to intermediate experience players queueing in this game.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    There are other low to intermediate players, there simply is no matchmaking that takes those into account. It doesn't care about the level, experience or mmr of the players. All the matchmaking cares about is having queue times of <3 minutes, regardless of what kind of matches this results in.
    It's a common thing to see a group of 5 solo players with 1500 average elo to get matched against a 5-stack with 2200+ average elo. These matches are over the moment the players are loaded into the lobby, the rest is just a waste of everyone's time.