Thread: A message for Hi Rez

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382

A message for Hi Rez

Hello, I apologize for my English, I'm still learning, so be patient.

Well, this is almost a vent, not just a complaint because of a single match, but of several that I and other PC players are going through.
    As you can see in the video and the links below, I fell against 5 players, where 4 of them were above level 130 and the other I could not see the level because of the hidden profile, and what my current level? 39

I wanted to understand, HOW did I fall against players with such high levels?
    My team, I have been able to see only 2 players, both with levels 62 and 92, which is also very strange because there are more than 50 levels of difference!

Honestly, there is no way for a person to have the motivation and desire to play the game, and in the first match of her day, she falls against 5 guys with levels above 100, and she has not reached level 40 yet ...

So here's my appeal for Hi Rez's support, this is not the first time this has happened, and I'm not the only one to complain that this happens, START MATCHMAKING, PLEASE!

Smite is a great game, it has a huge possibility to grow even more, especially in the competitive scenario, but Hi Rez, you have to trust the game, you need to listen to the players more, this forum is full of people who have MANY ideas of gods and skins and are all great ideas, you could take advantage of such ideas and make the game even better.

I think if nobody liked to play it, you probably would not be seeing this text or so many players giving ideas of gods and skins.

Enemy team:
    • TwinHere: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/TwinHere/
    • Cute: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Cute/
    • Tonyota: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Tonyota
    • Micky: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Micky/

My team:
    • DarkNightDuke: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/DarkNightDuke
    • poseidon230: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/poseidon230/

I do not even know if this text will arrive in Hi Rez, but what it costs to try, thank you right away if you've read this far.
    Last edited by Broto790; 04-10-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372
    I myself am only level 77 as I don’t get very many chances to play enough. I beat guys who are 140, 150 there time playing doesn’t matter. A kid a home would be a higher level then me but I can still beat him out of skill. I’ve also been beat by fresh lev 30’s in rank. You video showed an aggressive team that was winning team battles right out the gate because your mage’s would just run out get CC and die leaving everybody trying to save them getting melted themselves.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Matchmaking is not done by Player Account Level.
    System is different.
    Account Level is really only useful for getting those 30 levels of Rewards, after that just a measure of how much time you spent playing Smite but nothing to do with Matchmaking as I understand it.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Matchmaking is not done by Player Account Level.
    System is different.
    Account Level is really only useful for getting those 30 levels of Rewards, after that just a measure of how much time you spent playing Smite but nothing to do with Matchmaking as I understand it.
    For this is my petition, if levels do not work, then why keep them?
    In almost all games, especially in RPG, where mobas are based, levels are important to define a player's skill level and thus, to define what their enemies will be.

If the player is level 150 and plays as level 5, the problem is only of the player for playing poorly having as much playing time.
    So players who have level 15, and playing as professional players, would have to be content to play against level players until he reach the high level and play with more skillful players.

League of Legends has a level-based matchmaking for casual matches and a league-based matchmaking to competitive matches and it works! I talked to my teacher who plays and he said matchmaking works, I do not understand how difficult it is to implement this in SMITE.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    The problem with Level based matchmaking is quite simply it is a system that moves everyone up the same with no regard for their actual skill.

It is possible for a new player to have great skill at playing despite being low level on their account. It is also possible for someone to have bad skill but play for a long time thus their account level goes up. Level based matchmaking can and has in other games put bad players with good ones at all levels, this results in people playing at high skill level complaining abut those with low skill but high account levels in their matches. There are also complaints of new players with low account levels getting farmed by better players especially those with alt accounts for whatever reason.

I used to play a game called Mechwarrior Online, they used to do ELO matchmaking by 3 tiers. Highest Tier complained about queue times due to smaller number of players and lowest complained of alt accounts done by high level players farming them, the alt accounts were due to high level players who did not feel like waiting so long to find matches.
    PGI, company that made MWO, redid their matchmaking using a new PSR & Tier system with 5 tiers. The new system was at first praised but over time revealed to be nothing more than an XP bar that eventually moved everyone up to the highest Tier. So queue times shrunk but you had more bad players playing at the highest Tier thus high skill players wound up in more uneven matches farming lower skilled players.

Players in general want a system that allows matchmaking based on skill, the honest truth of that is high skilled players will have the smallest number of people to play against thus longer wait times so they make alt accounts and farm others who then complain. No win scenario.

RPGs are not a good example here because they have PvE that allows people to farm up their accounts to higher levels. Playing against AI Bots is not the same as playing against humans, just because you become good farming the AI does not mean you make a good PvP player.