Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Woarst Arena God

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    SAY AGAIN?
    Geb is only lv 20 for a relatively short time in an arena game. If you snowball in some other mode ofc you can push his dmg way high but you can't snowball nearly as much in arena. And if you build him some dmg build, hybrid, ok you can push his dmg upp a bit, but its nothing like an agni, janus or a thoth ofc. Reason low scaling and only 2 reliable dmg skills (ult and 2). Note that I'm not saying his bad I think he is one of the best arena Gods due to the cc on the 2 which is great for peel, cc clear on shield and his ult.

Amaterasu (yep)
    Ares (needs another God in team that forces beads easily, if you run into a comp with lot of immune ults they just beads or ult every time you wanna do smth, and push to far and you can't escape. I don't think ares is a very good solo arena tank, but he works really well in a 2 tank comp)
    Athena (one of the best arena Gods, forgot to mention her in other post)
    Aphrodite (as long as you do not bring more healers I think is good)
    Artemis (for teams that have good peel and can help with aoe initiation)
    Bacchus (versatile)
    Bellona (not as solo tank but as 2nd initiator yes)
    Cabrakan (not as solo tank)
    Chang'e (yep, ult so strong in arena)
    Da Ji (yep)
    Fafnir (yep)
    Freya (just don't pair with more adc, or pair with an early game adc that has utility like ho yi, neith or smth)
    Geb (great def and great initiation, and to lengthen combos)
    He Bo (mat is crazy good in arena)
    Hel (needs a bulky defensive team that can peel her and as with aphro I think it should be the only one with heal on team, you wanna force antiheal items but not let them benefit vs anyone else)
    Hercules (super good)
    Kumbhakarna (preferably with a team that can combo well, blink sleep is so powerful in arena)
    Medusa (one of my favs, a defensive hunter that can peel a whole team)
    Mercury (well timed ult is sex and can spend rest of his time defending the backline and then just go into their back)
    Ne Zha (I think is OP, give it a geb or smth to save it after initiation and its a hassle)
    Neith (she is great mid game God but her carry isn't that good so pair with smth that has good carry, like a merc, she can help him if he dives far with her ult)
    Nox (even though her ult alone can take many kills and turn fights rest of kit is a bit unreliable but with a nice setup like ravana or kumba she is good)
    Odin (depends highly on enemy team comp I would say, he pwns some games and others he doesn't bring as much)
    Poseidon (yep, try combo with Gods that need the root somehow)
    Raijin (yep but lacks cc)
    Susano'O (great team fight utility but don't forget to bring some solid single target dps)
    Thoth (always good)
    Xbalanque (if he can stack passive and get to late mid / late game without getting to far behind he will shred enemy team, I think I have the craziest arena comebacks turnaround with xba)
    Xing Tian (as long as they do not have nox, pos or similar annoying)
    Zeus (if other team is to much dive it will be hard but with a nice defensive team with good peel aoe control sure)

I am actually not sure if I would put Terra on the list as well. While I do like, love and admire her, the point on my side stands that her kit is super easy to counter by playstyle, certain popular kits/abilities and simply turning around and walking away when she ults.
    I think she is gonna be really good now after the buff I haven't played her yet to find out.

There are also more gods that I have a high opinion about, but most of them either have features that need additional consideration, are easy to outplay/counter or really do need to be played in specific line ups for full potencial.
    I think most Gods are viable in arena in one way or another some Gods do require the line up to fulfill certain criteria, Ravana is one of those its just that he does his role very well and there are many defensive guardians played that can do well with a initiating/peeling ravana to make their life easier. Thing is most people play arena with a solo tank, 2 mage, 1 ass, 1 hunter strategy, ravana doesn't fit most such teams at all. Ravana needs to be in a "2 tank" team and not play the tanky guy but the one that brings void and shogun for his carries. Those two items is the difference between a carry doing 25k and 35k (or 30->45)in arena and it makes a big difference.

Taking Vulcan for example, he is a super strong god with high damage potencial, but he isn't as reliable when it comes to his damage as many other mages.
    Yep and the bounce can be a little troll at times as well bumping people away from a burst combo but on the other hand it has a good cc component for peel. With the right team that has good aoe lockdown I think he can do really well.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-16-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Geb is only lv 20 for a relatively short time in an arena game. If you snowball in some other mode ofc you can push his dmg way high but you can't snowball nearly as much in arena. And if you build him some dmg build, hybrid, ok you can push his dmg upp a bit, but its nothing like an agni, janus or a thoth ofc. Reason low scaling and only 2 reliable dmg skills (ult and 2). Note that I'm not saying his bad I think he is one of the best arena Gods due to the cc on the 2 which is great for peel, cc clear on shield and his ult.

I don't need to be level 20 with Geb for squashing squishies. He has 3 reliable damage skills with all of them dealing very high base damage. Contrary to Agni or Janus, he also bring 2-3 sources of hard CC and the shield which is one of the best abilities in the game on top of that. Geb is one of the best gods in the game and he can do everything he wants. And get away with it.

Ares (needs another God in team that forces beads easily, if you run into a comp with lot of immune ults they just beads or ult every time you wanna do smth, and push to far and you can't escape. I don't think ares is a very good solo arena tank, but he works really well in a 2 tank comp)

Spoken like a true ultimate bot. Ares brings more than a 4 key. His damage is very very high, the cripple makes it very hard for enemies to escape and his 2 is a huge buff for the entire party. A lot of very good Ares' I see don't even use their ultimate for initiations but as teamfight finishers and it works out just fine for them.

Aphrodite (as long as you do not bring more healers I think is good)

The amount of healers does not matter when it comes to Aphrodite. Aphrodite makes every team she is being put in much better by default, especially in the CC-heavy hellhole that is Arena. The only true counter to her that I absolutly recognize as such is Odin and even he can be outplayed.

Artemis (for teams that have good peel and can help with aoe initiation)

Artemis can do nothing all game except pressing four every now and then, resulting in her ensuring her survival or winning teamfights with it. On top of that, her DPS is huge and traps work wonderous in Arena. Artemis does not need a specific team tailored around her, she makes every arena team better by default.

Freya (just don't pair with more adc, or pair with an early game adc that has utility like ho yi, neith or smth)

It doesn't matter with whom or what you match up Freya. As long as the guy playing her has even a hint of an idea about how to build and play her, he is a threat to everyone and sufficiently hard to kill.

Hel (needs a bulky defensive team that can peel her and as with aphro I think it should be the only one with heal on team, you wanna force antiheal items but not let them benefit vs anyone else)

Hel and Aphrodite are super strong individually but nearly invincible together.

Kumbhakarna (preferably with a team that can combo well, blink sleep is so powerful in arena)

Even if you have no teammates to properly combo with, Kumbhakarna is a major threat all by himself while also being a deterent.

Ne Zha (I think is OP, give it a geb or smth to save it after initiation and its a hassle)

Well played Ne Zha does not need resuceing as much as one might think. He has a lot of mobility, damage and sustain in his kit.

Neith (she is great mid game God but her carry isn't that good so pair with smth that has good carry, like a merc, she can help him if he dives far with her ult)

Neith can carry a game just fine and the nature of arena just plays into her strength. She is no simple basic attack spammer like Izanami or Jing Wei, but her abilities hit superhard, bring a decent level of CC and support while her basic attacks, while not as fast as other hunters, still hurt like a truck.

Nox (even though her ult alone can take many kills and turn fights rest of kit is a bit unreliable but with a nice setup like ravana or kumba she is good)

Nox is only as unreliable as the player playing her. And Nox isn't hard to play.

Odin (depends highly on enemy team comp I would say, he pwns some games and others he doesn't bring as much)

Odin brings a lot in every game and even more in others.

Poseidon (yep, try combo with Gods that need the root somehow)

What root? Poseidon has no root. And he also does not need one provided for him, either.

Raijin (yep but lacks cc)

The slow, the mez and his ult are more than enough CC.

Susano'O (great team fight utility but don't forget to bring some solid single target dps)

Susano'O only needs one thing and that is a decent player behind him to make plays. Everything else he provides with his kit.

Xbalanque (if he can stack passive and get to late mid / late game without getting to far behind he will shred enemy team, I think I have the craziest arena comebacks turnaround with xba)

Xbalanque is one of these gods that can win arena games by just pressing for. Being a high DPS hunter is just icing at that point.

Xing Tian (as long as they do not have nox, pos or similar annoying)

Annoying gods are always annoying but Xing Tian can destroy them all the same.

Zeus (if other team is to much dive it will be hard but with a nice defensive team with good peel aoe control sure)

Zeus' damage is so high and so easy to apply that in most cases, being dived results in the diver diving straight to his grave.

Ravana doesn't do or bring anything to a party that is necessary and can't be brought by another warrior or assassin in better or more interesting.
    Stuff in quote.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    What does everyone think of Jing Wei in Arena? I don't play Arena, but I wanted to ask people that do play/see her there how she does.

My guess is she is just okay but not great because most of her kit is not useful outside of Conquest. I guess you could fly to drop down on someone, but that's about it. Small AoE knock up that might have some use I guess. Probably much better hunters to pick.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    What does everyone think of Jing Wei in Arena? I don't play Arena, but I wanted to ask people that do play/see her there how she does.

My guess is she is just okay but not great because most of her kit is not useful outside of Conquest. I guess you could fly to drop down on someone, but that's about it. Small AoE knock up that might have some use I guess. Probably much better hunters to pick.
    Can be good for re-engaging from base to a buff camp and counters the strongest cc in the game, but outside of that is really nothing spectacular compared to other adcs in the mode.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Rodin i agree with a lot of what you are saying. However i bet geb wont often go over 40k in arena, yes he can hurt but his biggest strength is still the peel and initiation, his range without blink aint super. If your dps on team is on point your dmg as geb isnt as relevant as your setup and saves. Geb is a playmaker and antiplaymaker as i see it, if you wanna squish, squish there are better picks. You can make a lot of drafts work. I have won many games with no tanks etc. Im just talking about trying maximize synergy. Sure xbal ult is great but combo with an ult that forces people to run like ama or new terra and its even better. neith has some carry but if team lacks anti tank gods and they have 2 tanks you might have a rough early mid and mid game as neith and loose cause off it. Hel and aphro i never faced together i think but it sounds cancer in a way. Your teams magical dmg also wont be super high and wont easily reach their back along with mediocre cc so you would need phys and probably one more magical that provide that, yeah you can get team out of trouble but you lack Gods causing trouble and need to keep that in mind filling out the last spots.

What i see a lot is ppl picking safe stay in back gods and wait for someone else to do smth. Like a passive nox, nu wa, chiron, loki combo. For such teams there are not alot of good picks herc and kumba comes to mind but do that team comp deserve me sweating my balls off trying to both initiate and peel? So i might just pick ravana instead. The games where i feel ravana is a good pick though i rarely loose. Ravana is both a troll and serious pick for me as i enjoy him a lot.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-17-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Achievements:
    Also for real talk about Ravana check this game:

http://smite.guru/match/pc/399293675

I didn't play super well but I'm still ok with my game overall. It was a 3v5 with super feeded enemy team. Also seems I have 70% win ratio with Ravana and he is still my go to troll pick along with Loki
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-17-2018 at 07:06 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I have more screenies of good Geb Arena games and even one for Conquest. Don't make me post them though because it's tedious and I'm lazy.

Glad for you having fun playing Ravana and having a good W/L Ratio with him.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Worst game in arena is MY worst... same as for the pick I take... However, there are some picks which may be a little weak. Namely any mage that you can run out of its aoe, or any less mobile pick...
    I think Arena actually hides a lot of the imbalance of other game modea like conquest or assault... or joust... simply bcoz of the space advantage.
    Even the likes of KKK become dangerous in arena if they start landing skills (1.7k+ ultimate hit as personal reccord ok KKK arena - instant kill on squishy with hp > 80%).
    I may also be true that some picks may excel while others may be lack lusters. In the end I think arena negates pick issues and allows for the biggest oponent utility play - counters, baits, ganks... etc...
    Also.. troll picks are troll picks in any game mode. One such example is loki stomp in a smurfing game The tears you can get in arena....

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Can be good for re-engaging from base to a buff camp and counters the strongest cc in the game, but outside of that is really nothing spectacular compared to other adcs in the mode.
    I thought as much. She's kind of like Ah Puch in the sense that I can only see her doing really well in Conquest because of her kit, where as Ah Puch is anything but Conquest. She's not even that great in duel where hunters are king.

But I'm sure there are a few Jing Wei arena mains that can make her work out sometimes. Thanks for the info!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Teemo's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I would say the absolute worst arena god is.... Osiris. He doesn't bring anything special to the table. He's a warrior that operates like an assassin but these days even assassins will bring more cc and team utility than he does. Osiris can slow people for days and slap em with wet noodles... but the person under attack should be able to walk away or get help before Osiris accomplishes anything. I would rather have any other warrior or assassin in his place.

A close second would probably be Kuzenbo. I've never felt threatened by a Kuzenbo on the enemy team. Literally just walk past him and kill his team once his ult is down. Don't attack him when he's looking you in the face with two layers of thorns on. It isn't hard. I always facepalm when I see teammates die to his reflects. As for his three all Kuzenbos are extremely predictable and its easy to juke. He can't possibly sneak up on anyone in a big open field like in arena. Even if he does manage to snag someone, just about any form of CC will stop it. He has his uses in other game modes but not here in arena.