Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Woarst Arena God

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Feedbag, the god of Feeding, is the worst god in Arena.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancmark View Post
    Feedbag, the god of Feeding, is the worst god in Arena.
    At least he is reportable, Trollmir doesn't have a reportable option. You have to use 'other' and everyone knows 'other' is for the most part ignored.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    At least he is reportable, Trollmir doesn't have a reportable option. You have to use 'other' and everyone knows 'other' is for the most part ignored.
    Depends highly on what you write in the report.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BojangIes View Post
    Pro matches are usually a patch behind, they still have old Terra
    Looks like you are right.

Will have to see in the next round of pro matches, when Patch 5.6 is in.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Terra is also bad in Arena due to all the open space.
    Waiting to see Emilzy with 5.6 Terra in NRG.

Ares, still waiting for the right team comp to try what was seen yesterday using Iso Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    The worst arena god is troll Ymir, or Trollmir. You know the one, blocks you from entering your own fountain (or leaving it) with his walls. Intentionally traps you with an enemy Anhur, giving him a free stun to boot. Saves low health enemies.

Of course to be fair, Trollmir is the worst god in all game modes.
    You had to mention my worst Guardian of my 6. No matter the mode or how I build him, just cannot get Ymir to work.
    The sheer number of Arena Ymirs I see going offense, I know he can do it in the hands of good players but the ones that keep diving the enemy team, blocking allies with walls and almost always cursing out the rest of the team, ugh.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    You had to mention my worst Guardian of my 6. No matter the mode or how I build him, just cannot get Ymir to work.
    The sheer number of Arena Ymirs I see going offense, I know he can do it in the hands of good players but the ones that keep diving the enemy team, blocking allies with walls and almost always cursing out the rest of the team, ugh.
    I have done Ymir bruiser build with some success in Arena before.

Went for full CDR build. Hide behind one of the 4 pillars. When the opportunity prsents, Blink then 3,2 combo. Then hit 1, lining the wall right against one of the pillars. Then ult.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Snip
    See, you mentioned a lot of things I consider Ravana being bad/mediocre for in arena in your post and suggested to make up for these by bringing certain other gods. Thing is that you could just bring said gods in the first place who can do all those things and the qualities you listed, but better instead of wanting to build a team around a mediocre god.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    See, you mentioned a lot of things I consider Ravana being bad/mediocre for in arena in your post and suggested to make up for these by bringing certain other gods. Thing is that you could just bring said gods in the first place who can do all those things and the qualities you listed, but better instead of wanting to build a team around a mediocre god.
    Ehm there is almost no pick in arena that works good in all teams. There is no God that brings everything to the table. In every draft you gotta adjust for what team has, its weaknesses and what it needs more off. Ravana brings very safe initiation. I can word it differently if you'd like; Ravana is a really good pick for some teams in arena. Its not about building the team around one God, its about picking Gods that synergize with the rest. I often last pick and I do wanna win so I don't pick Ravana without a reason. That said many times a Ravana pick is not good at all, the team sometimes is so stupidly bad I pick ravana anyway as some kind of solo tank and he is not good at that but if team fucks me over with a shitty draft I might as well fuck em over with a shitty last pick, sure I could just go herc (who is like the best arena God and can solo tank, with good dmg, good peel, good tank, ok initiation and ult immune skill). But why should I try hard carry a team that can't even draft well? I do sometimes and sometimes I don't depending on my mood. I can totally accept that Herc in general is better pick then ravana but ravana is still better then herc for some teams, why? Cause ravana is much easier to setup with then herc. Also you could Ravana + Herc as your front, ain't a bad combo.

For arena I would only consider, Geb, Herc, Da ji, Cern, Agni and Thoth as Gods that are flexible enough to be said to be good picks without a thought of what the rest of the team is. All other Gods are good or bad depending on rest of team. Though both thoth and agni are vulnerable to an Odin pick so they are not 100% safe picks either. Geb lacks some damage. Herc is brokenly good in arena and finally Cern simply has almost everything except the long range poke / finisher (so unless you have a merc, nu wa, nox or similar you might wanna roll with hachiman instead).

To repeat why people think Ravana is bad in arena: they either try and play him solo tank or assassin, he does neither well in arena but he can do the assassin in some games depending on enemy team. Ravana is best as a safe initiator, hybrid build with ok dmg and some tank / debuffing items + cdr. He is not the main tank nor the main dps, he looks for openings to setup team and is really good at baiting shit out from enemy team. His peak is around lv 8-15 (and ok lv 3-4) and brings a good mid game for team if he is played to his strengths.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-15-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Geb lacks some damage.
    SAY AGAIN?

Real Talk, though, if I were to make a list of gods that are gureato in pretty much every Arena game independend on the line-up(s) (assuming a somewhat balanced phys/magic damage ration because not doing that would be stupid), it would probably be

Amaterasu
    Ares
    Athena
    Aphrodite
    Artemis
    Bacchus
    Bellona
    Cabrakan
    Chang'e
    Da Ji
    Fafnir
    Freya
    Geb
    He Bo
    Hel
    Hercules
    Kumbhakarna
    Medusa
    Mercury
    Ne Zha
    Neith
    Nox
    Odin
    Poseidon
    Raijin
    Susano'O
    Thoth
    Xbalanque
    Xing Tian
    Zeus

I am actually not sure if I would put Terra on the list as well. While I do like, love and admire her, the point on my side stands that her kit is super easy to counter by playstyle, certain popular kits/abilities and simply turning around and walking away when she ults.

There are also more gods that I have a high opinion about, but most of them either have features that need additional consideration, are easy to outplay/counter or really do need to be played in specific line ups for full potencial.

Taking Vulcan for example, he is a super strong god with high damage potencial, but he isn't as reliable when it comes to his damage as many other mages.
    Last edited by PapaRodin; 04-15-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree45PeecN1 View Post
    Just a fun thread, forums seem pretty dead. Who in your opinion is the woarst arena god? Feel free to state why or name more than one.

Guan Yu
    Sylvanus

Two terrible arena gods imo.
    I play Guan Yu in arena all the time. Whenever the team needs a good warrior I sued to play Guan. He can engage with his ult, he can heal, he can escape. He is quite good at arena. You build him tanky with some damage and then engage so that your team can go in safely. If you or anyone gets too low just heal them up. Hes not THAT bad.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway