Thread: How can I get better at Jungle?

Junior Member Cupidhead SilverSoul99's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How can I get better at Jungle?

So as the title suggest I'm bad at Jungle and I'd like to learn how to improve at it. However, seeing how Jungle is I never have a chance to properly improve at the role because it's just popular and heavily bogarted. Now not only is there a bs elitist mentality surrounding the role where people instead of giving me constructive critisim on how I play the role they'll just hate bomb me and say crap like "go kill yourself trash jungler!"

Now ignoring the filth how do I improve at this role what is another method I can try because when I go to casual it's insta-locked quite often and I find it hard to actually be able to select the role.

So what are some newer methods I can do to improve at the role and actually be able to play it? Also who are some easy junglers to use? I heard Nemisis was easy so I'm trying to use her more and I am already familiar with the god's kit and a few builds it's just the rotations and situations that will require my choices, you know that general experience that comes from playing that role?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    As a support main who wanted to branch out, I went through this recently. I strongly recommend taking some assassins/ warriors into duel, just to familiarize yourself with their kits and how they work. Beyond that watch streamers. Weaken recently released a buff rotation guide and he's constantly informing viewers through guides and commentary. Also good to know buff timers (Generally 2 minutes) and of course map awareness. Glhf!

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Im a main jungler, but Im not good as I want to .

My personal experience is : farm your jungle, remember that camps spawns every 2 minutes, your harpies spawns every 1 minutes instead.

Every 4 minute they recive a buff, so they are more difficult to be killed, and deals more damage, be careful on that.

For every camp you clear, check the minimap to see what's going on : if one of your allies's lane is being pushed from your enemies (so you're midlaner or solo laner or your support and adc are under their own tower) you could think about to gank, but be careful about the position of the enemy laner, their health, their mana, your ally's health and mana bar, and yours. If you have your ult and your laner can fight, you could seriously think about ganking ; After a gank, there will be one of these 4 situation :

- 1 ) you get killed. ok that can happen, this is the worst scenario, if your laner can't take any kill.
    - 2) you kill one and they kill you : 1 for 1, is not everytime ok, but better than dying alone..
    - 3 ) You kill one or two people in that lane, you and your midlaner survived : this is good, from there you can choose if taking the tower, or taking another objective near that lane togheter,or simply you can leave, leave your laner clear and you go to other camps to clear, and repeat the process;
    - 4) no one dies. Ok that can happen, imo you should clear the wave with your laner then go away, be careful in this case, they could gank your laner just right after your leaves. If you saved your laner from dying ganking that lane, it's also a victory, imo.

Pretty safe god to use : nemesis, thor, hun batz, camazotz;

remember to try to call your gank in the vgs if you are 100% sure you want to gank there in the nexts 3-4 seconds. Call the "gank X lane" where X is the lane, not only Gank , so you'll give more awarness to your teammate; be careful of a counter gank of the enemy jungler on other lanes or in your own lane.

IMO the jungle role is the hardest in my opinion, just with the support (that has the downside of being costantly under-level); with a good farm and rotation you can keep up your exp and gold with a middle laner and not losing any level, is not easy for me, but it's possible.
    Equità, Equilibrio e Giustizia, prima di qualsiasi altra cosa.

"Non sono le nostre capacità che dimostrano chi siamo davvero, sono le nostre scelte."
    - Cit. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Silente / Dumbledore

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    be sneaky all too often I see newer jungs that's just run into the lane from where ever is closest. learn to hug the walls and use the 3rd person view to your advantage. I say this because theres alot of times ward placement isn't perfect and if u suspect there is one. also sumtimes if u have a leap it can be used to to bypass wards.

def use a god ur comfortable with just don't pick the meta god. double points if that god has easy camp clear.

back often jungle more then any other has the best opportunity to get those small power spikes that makes ur game easier. I usually like to do soo about every 2 speed buffs sooo I have the buff when coming out of fountain. don't get stuck on thay endless loop of ganking to where your now under powered from having to much gold in hand. if a lane backs, good comms required, and you haven't that's a bad time to try and gank, instead if they call the back and your anywhere near their buffs check for an invade, if the enemy jung is other side of the lmap don't always feel the need to rotate especially if they handled the gank. your prolly not gonna be there in time. take a wave when ppl back unless solo has teleport or they vgs for u not to.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Nemesis is a popular pick even at high levels of skill but without a leap, she is limited on how she gets around even with the double dash. She is supposed to shred tanks well, do not have her so what I heard.

Camazotz is somewhat popular, some also use him as a Solo Laner.

Serquet is respected more in EU than NA.

Ravana is a liked pick as is Achilles who can do three roles including Jungle.

Fenrir can also do Support.

Any you try with leaps can get over a number of the walls there so you have to think differently when engaging and leaving.

Da Ji may not have a leap but here teleport I think goes through walls.

Do not try some like Athena, Janus, Morrigan or Odin, while they can Jungle unless you are good at the role and those gods, it will be really hard. One of the few times I played Conquest I tried Odin Jungle because I heard about it and got forced into the role since no one wanted it. Had a rough time the whole match. Stick to Assassins, Ravana, Cu Chulainn, Achilles and Osiris.

Of the 5 potential Jungling gods I have, I prefer Arachne, Camazotz and Thor.

You also have to really look at a gods kit and see what they aim for.
    Arachne aims to pin down a single target with her 2 and 3 letting her Passive and Build kill them. Escapes either through her Ult or dropping 3 on a god chasing you.
    Camazotz can just beat people down, his Ult is a better escape than his 3 you need to do all 3 dives when escaping to put the greatest distance between you and those chasing.
    Thor has an escape in his 1 and Ult, one of the few Junglers with serious CC on more than one target.
    Fenrir wants to beat people down and can do picks when his Ult is up removing any god from the enemy team and bringing them to your team for killing.
    Hun Batz I am still figuring out.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Jungle is the hardest role to learn as you're essentially responsible for handling the entire map, so I'd advise learning all the other roles first as that will give you a better idea of where you'll be most needed as a jungler. I've been told the optimal order for learning roles (easiest to hardest) is as follows:

1. ADC
    2. Solo
    3. Mid
    4. Support
    5. Jungler

Some tips for conquest in general; get starter items and wards, call missing and incoming, and try to have map awareness at all times. As a jungler in particular, you're responsible for helping out whichever lanes are having trouble and covering a lane if somebody dies, backs, or disconnects. If the lanes are doing all right hit the buff and exp camps, and if you're caught up on those as well then help gank a lane. You need to ward wherever the rest of your team is slacking on it, objectives are usually a good place to start if nobody else has warded yet. As you're running through the jungle you're likely to see the enemy going for ganks, make sure you call it so your teammates have time to get back under tower. I don't play jungle much but some assassins I've found I do well with are Nemesis, Da Ji, and Thanatos. Other junglers I've seen do well that I don't play personally are Ao Kuang, Mercury, and Susano.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    If you want to improve your gameplay, you should focus on 2 paths:
    - focus on strength and increase your skill on your most favored gods.
    - focus on weakness and increase your skill on your weaker gods to make you more balanced.

As for focusing on a role, you cannot improve if you do not play enough of the role. So you are going to need to find an active league or have friends who play actively or at the same time as you, so you can party up (ideally up to 3 members), and increase the chances of you landing the jungle role by either sheer strength of numbers or getting the god(s) that you want by way of top elo pick, whether it be you or your party member being top elo.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    The only kind of advice I don't see is in moment/sticking advice. These things are more obvious if u play warriors,guardians or assassins really well. If ur looking to gank a lane in 20secs, look at hp and mana bars,how far up they are and how far up the enemy is. If your duo is pushed under tower, full hp and decent mana you can gank the enemy ez and expect some help. If their low mana and hp you can expect them to either not help or suicide if u gank. Also if u have teamates pushed up the enemy jung may gank them and if they gank solo gank duo or mid cuz their not there or going to be there for 10-15secs decent amount of time to kill someone.

When it comes to the fight itself you want to save your dash to catch your enemy. Say your playing nem, you want to come from behind them or closer to their tower, attack them. At this point they have 2 options; dash towards you towards their own tower and risk it or dash towards your jungle away from safety. If this character has a slow immunity instead wait for it to be over be4 u ult or 2 them. Your options are always based on who ur playing and who their playing but stopping their dash or dashing 2nd,waitng out beads and aegis will always be good things to remember.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    You should establish what kind of role you want to play when you first enter the game. All depending on both team composition.
    Farmer or ganker

I recomend camping either solo or duo lane. Yes this will hurt the other lanes, but its much more efficent than trying to bee everywhere at once.
    You can also passivley farm the jungle, taking few risks and mostly counter gank/rotate.
    When 2 or more lane loses. You have to chose between farming yourself, or ganking them constantly. Ganking 2 constantley is crippleing for you, but might be a good investment later in the game. However farming yourself while the other lanes gets pushed in is also a good investement for you.
    If im going to be egostic I would usally leave my losing lanes be, as I know I often can carry the game if im fed. In any case, either you fall behind or the other lanes fall behind.

If the game is pretty well ballanced then you should try to be everywhere at once, farming both sides of the map and gangking when you need to, but this seldom happens.
    If you are ahead, try to not lose the focus and push your team to secure objectives.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    As someone who climbed from bronze to being able to play vs pro's comfortably, smite is basically learned by just putting in heaps of hours, as stupid as it sounds, i asked a diamond player when i was a pleb, he said just play more, the games a grind, I even got to play with the best solo laner back then Divios , when i was a noob he partied with me, and i never understood how he 1v3d but years later you learn how to take advantage of lower skilled, mechanics, such as reactions, movements , camera pivots juking, dancing around while abilities on cooldown, then re entering the fight, is what will be important for junglers/assasins,

main thing for jungle is, don't force yourself to make hot plays, it will come with time, sometimes low skilled players try force plays, i did too.. Just play smart, farm if it's slow, just because you have no kills, does not mean your useless, as a jungler you start at speed, then harpys, mid, then red, then rince repeat, when you share with mid laner, try to get some poke on the enemy, you don't have to committ hard, but just let your presence be known, then just keep farming, punish people who are past half way by going all the way behind them, but importanly,

YOU NEED TO SPAM VGS, and write out a plan in chatt while you have auto run on, "hey support when im near bait the dash committ hard, easy kill, or tell them when i spam attack go on them, key thing's you need to be patient if your target has a escape you need someone to force it out or yourself force it, then go ham because they have no escape, also you need to have a mental picture, do i need to beads anhur impale, do i need to beads a scylla 1 if she rotates, you need to be aware of scenarios that will happen, most the time if the gank fails, bad players keep chasing, back off, you caused some poke that's a win, go farm take camps,

so for nem, go behind them press 4 on whoever , and usually they will burn there escape, then you can blink or double dash 2 slow , and go ham, if they cc you burn beads, or if you have blink well you need to have good movements,

i would say hun battz is good, you can do some cool stuff, like throw monkey to them, teleport ult, and they will use escapes then jump after and smack em with 2 , or you can get blink and ult and force dashes then monkey to them and save 1 for escape,

everyone get's annoyed at jungler's dw it's not as scary as everyone makes it out to be, and just remember if the people your playing were any good then they would carry you, so just mute them, tilt is not worth it, treat them as robot's, be nice to your mid laner and support,

so important thing with jungle is, you dictate the tempo of the game as well as the snowball, games are won and lost from jungle/mid so have a plan with your mid laner, try talk to him about comboing together, let him know, hey bud when i do this chain your stuff, or ill ult him then you follow up, again who cared if it does not work in time you will learn, just don't keep going if it fails, or if he beads , back off

also be aware when you get double kills, spam the shit out of gold fury, snowball the game, its so easy, think what can i take after a kill or two,
    sometimes it's hard to gank a loosing lane, but it can be done by 3 v 1, or if there heavily pushed,

also it's never worth trading 1 for 1 , unless its a grand master game, never ever greed for kills, make it calculated, if it fails well watch the replay find out what could you do better, this is the fastest way to improve, replays, question deaths ,

fenrir is also really good and easy, he has a lot of different mechanics although easy , a good fenrir who builds slightly tanky can do so much work, he has 3 mobility abilities, you can jump stun you can 3 then 1 then ult, you can auto attack them then stun again, you can blink ult, you can blink 3 ult for super long chase, you can use 3 to bait dashes,

i was never good at thor, but man if you put time into him, you can do some serious serious work, if i play jungle, i usually just camp duo and mid, and keep ganking because for me i like gold furies, you can get mid to follow you and gank duo 4v2 that will get you to diamond rank

bastet can work too, if you want to really carry, put some time into scumbag loki his easy to learn but has uncapped potential, he thrives on the edge of dieing or destroying if you need tips, or want me to show you some stuff, add me PregoSauce i play on different server but could teach you some stuff even with high ping,

smite is really easy, it's just you need to put in time, and go over how you die and stuff, when i did play conquest at my peak, i could pin point the exact time we lost the game, i took responsibility as well for everything, smite requires a lot of patience and discipline, because people get cocky they will make bad plays, just need to be chill and punish them, more you play more good you get and when you get stomped that's the best time to improve.

make sure you type jungle copy it and control paste quickly in lobby to secure it, if you want to learn a bit before conquest, play arena a bit anyway's add me bruh i got chu